• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The 2017 ComicLink show 'em if you got 'em thread
11 11

789 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, greggy said:
20 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

might be time to sell.  I definitely feel like I'm being priced out of the collecting market. :sorry:

You'll get half GPA due to karma, doofus

Not if I spray the comic cavern for greggies before they stain all the books..., :cool:

On 9/14/2017 at 2:37 PM, lizards2 said:

I win lots of stuff using 3/4 to 1/2 of GPA.  Some people apparently use less.

Sure; depends on what you are chasing 

as others have said GPA is not gospel but might give an idea of the range a book could be in 

also of course you a well presenting book can go for a lot more 

6 hours ago, october said:
7 hours ago, pickycollector said:

Journey into Mystery #88 CGC 8.5 sold for $4,544  :whatthe:

Makes no sense. 

Was it potentially upgradeable?

3 hours ago, cupny said:

Amazing Spider-Man #2 CGC 9.0          $19K      is this the typical going rate on this book???

Nope. Book went for about 4x - 5x price according to GPA. Like everybody else has been saying though, you can't always go by GPA prices. 

Edited by deadleg

Really dumb prices.  $1900 for Ms Marvel 1 when it was "only" $1000-1200 three months ago.

People that think they are going to make money flipping these come movie time are in for a rude awakening.  A 9.6 was only getting $300-350.  Should not be a 500% gap between 9.6/9.8 on a bronze age book.

Edited by 90sChild

1 hour ago, 90sChild said:

Really dumb prices.  $1900 for Ms Marvel 1 when it was "only" $1000-1200 three months ago.

People that think they are going to make money flipping these come movie time are in for a rude awakening.  A 9.6 was only getting $300-350.  Should not be a 500% gap between 9.6/9.8 on a bronze age book.

The ms marvel 1 on comicconnect also sold for 1800 , It s the same thing that happened with af 15 when the Spider-Man movie came out, prices exploded across all grades. I think after wonder woman's success ms marvel 1 will see a jump in prices as the movie approaches.

also relative to other first appearances of characters getting their own films, ms marvel 1 is by far the cheapest , (1500-2000) making it attractive and more affordable for people to purchase in high grades

also in this auction the iron man 55 went for around 7k , when gpa has 12 month average at 5400 and last sale at 4900. The trailer at sdcc most likely has spiked interest in thanos once again. Also there was concept art for ms marvel debuted as well 

Edited by Ryanfromottawa

On 9/17/2017 at 10:00 AM, Ryanfromottawa said:

The ms marvel 1 on comicconnect also sold for 1800 , It s the same thing that happened with af 15 when the Spider-Man movie came out, prices exploded across all grades. I think after wonder woman's success ms marvel 1 will see a jump in prices as the movie approaches.

also relative to other first appearances of characters getting their own films, ms marvel 1 is by far the cheapest , (1500-2000) making it attractive and more affordable for people to purchase in high grades

also in this auction the iron man 55 went for around 7k , when gpa has 12 month average at 5400 and last sale at 4900. The trailer at sdcc most likely has spiked interest in thanos once again. Also there was concept art for ms marvel debuted as well 

A Ms Marvel 1 also sold for 1800 on comiclink in July. I had a bid on that, but it's become one of those books that goes for more than retail at online comic auctions even though it's readily available. There's a really nice one for $1599 on eBay right now, and a slightly softer one at mycomicshop for about $1340. Auction prices for X-men 130 have gone this way, too, since the Dazzler announcement. I think it's an interesting phenomenon.

Edited by Greenlake

22 minutes ago, Greenlake said:

A Ms Marvel 1 also sold for 1800 on comiclink in July. I had a bid on that, but it's become one of those books that goes for more than retail at online comic auctions even though it's readily available. There's a really nice one for $1599 on eBay right now, and a slightly softer one at mycomicshop for about $1340. Auction prices for X-men 130 have gone this way, too, since the Dazzler announcement. I think it's an interesting phenomenon.

I saw the one on eBay, I'm surprised it's still there, perfect centering and white pages... 

21 minutes ago, Greenlake said:

Yeah, I'd decided after July that the price multiple for a 9.8 isn't worth it for me and my budget, but that sure is tempting me.

Ms marvel 1 kind of reminds me of batman adventures 12 , but that (ba12) has seen major fluctuations in prices .. and I suspect there will be a lot of 9.8s hitting the market leading up to the films debut, there's another listed in comicconnect s November auction aswell

23 minutes ago, Ryanfromottawa said:

Ms marvel 1 kind of reminds me of batman adventures 12 , but that (ba12) has seen major fluctuations in prices .. and I suspect there will be a lot of 9.8s hitting the market leading up to the films debut, there's another listed in comicconnect s November auction aswell

Reminds me more in line with All star 58