• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any info on this King Features Glass Tray featuring Archie, Steven Canyon +?

22 posts in this topic

Hello!

I bought this item today and I'm not sure of its value.

Heres what I found out in the last few hours.

Its from the 1950s and that this was a King Features holiday gift given to either employees, advertisers, or to stores that carried the books.

Several have sold on Etsy but I can't find a sold price.

This is an etsy picture as mine is all wrapped up

il_570xN.1064927577_rbvb.jpg

If anyone knows anything about this item I would love to hear it.

I have one of these too. It was made in the early 1960's as a giveaway for news dealers and executives .Wasn't a piece you could buy. The reason for the low price on the bay was probably because it was listed in "candy dishes" not comic book or comic characters. I suspect that it would have sold for quite a bit more if the proper audience had seen it. A cool piece but I have seen a few.

kingfeaturesashtray_zpsnsboffyx.jpg

Here's one that will probably be of a lot more interest here than these two. Appears to be from the late 1950's. Probably made for internal use. There are two versions very slightly different. Here is one of them.

dccomicsglass1_zpsqfdct5lx.jpg

dccomicsglass2_zpsymomcstr.jpg

dccomicsglass3_zpsl67igmxr.jpg

Very cool glass!! The "Johnny DC" character was unveiled in 1962 so this glass probably dates from around that same time

I have one of these too. It was made in the early 1960's as a giveaway for news dealers and executives .Wasn't a piece you could buy. The reason for the low price on the bay was probably because it was listed in "candy dishes" not comic book or comic characters. I suspect that it would have sold for quite a bit more if the proper audience had seen it. A cool piece but I have seen a few.

kingfeaturesashtray_zpsnsboffyx.jpg

Thank you so much for this.

Here is another one from probably late 1950's. Quite a bit scarcer. Only one I've seen. Can anyone identify all the characters? I'm 99% sure I can.

metrocomicsashtray_zpsy4u5d3ea.jpg

Starting at 12 o'clock:

Mary Worth

Skeezix (Gasoline Alley)

Moon Mullins (in hat and cigar)

Steve Canyon

Smilin' Jack

Dondi

Terry (as in Terry and the Pirates)

Smokey Stover

Richard Tracy

Unknown white-haired girl