• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX directed by Simon Kinberg (11/2/18)
4 4

1,323 posts in this topic

Could be more rumors than facts.

Here’s The Actual Status of X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX (Sources)

A ludicrous theory hit the web the other day, from a source unworthy of even mentioning, but it’s one that’s come up before so I felt the need to do a little digging to see if there was anything to it. In short, somebody put it out into the world that the next two Fox X-Men films, Dark Phoenix and The New Mutants, had been cancelled.

First of all, that’s a silly notion when you consider all of the red tape that would require, the lawsuits it would beg for, and the amount of resources Fox has pumped into both films (especially Dark Phoenix). But this isn’t the first time we’ve heard something like this, so I thought I’d do so some digging to find out for myself.

I contacted someone who’s extremely close to the production of Dark Phoenix and, while they refused to go on the record discussing such a bogus theory, they shared with me some simple facts about what the actual state of the film is:

• The production is currently set up in Montreal, as it prepares for a couple of weeks of reshoots
  • Those reshoots will take place across August and September
  • Whole set pieces are actively being constructed for this additional photography

Does that sound like something that would be happening for a film that’s been cancelled or scrapped?

Odd, as there have been more hits than misses with this franchise. Oh well!

#X-Men #X2 #XmenFirstClass #TheWolverine #XMenDaysOfFuturePast #Deadpool #Logan #Deadpool2

5 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Doesn't count.  Movie isn't out yet.  Flop or not is yet to be determined.

But he would qualify for Aquaman in Justice League...which proves my point.  Flop.

Everyone has already forgotten that Sean Bean was in GOT as well? o.O 

7 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Could be more rumors than facts.

Here’s The Actual Status of X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX (Sources)

Odd, as there have been more hits than misses with this franchise. Oh well!

#X-Men #X2 #XmenFirstClass #TheWolverine #XMenDaysOfFuturePast #Deadpool #Logan #Deadpool2

Sounds like Fox is re-shooting the entire thing, they almost have to release just to hope it breaks even.

28 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Sounds like Fox is re-shooting the entire thing, they almost have to release just to hope it breaks even.

Fox is reshooting an entire movie over a one-month period (August to September)? That's incredible!

16 hours ago, kimik said:

Lena Headey was great in the first 300 film. Based on that it was easy to see how she would star with a similar concept on GoT.

I think Lena Headey was excellent in Dredd.

And Peter Dinklage was a solid actor even before GoT (i.e., The Station Agent). More recently, he was excellent with his supporting role in Three Billboards.

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Fox is reshooting an entire movie over a one-month period (August to September)? That's incredible!

They’ve been talking about doing re-shoots for months.  This hardly seems like it’s the first round of them.

On 8/1/2018 at 1:00 AM, jsilverjanet said:

What are people going to complain about when Disney owns all these movies hm 

No Hugh Jackman. Unless they somehow cast someone better for the role? Seems hard to do kind of like heath ledger joker. I don’t think anyone can ever do that role as well.

6 hours ago, jason4 said:

No Hugh Jackman. Unless they somehow cast someone better for the role? Seems hard to do kind of like heath ledger joker. I don’t think anyone can ever do that role as well.

The only reason he even got the role is because Dougray Scott had to drop out due to a scheduling conflict with his major role in "Mission Impossible 2."  I'm not sure he wouldn't have been better, although Jackman was definitely good.  But I can see plenty of actors being great at machismo, anger, and a feral instinct.

wolverine-avengers-age-of-ultron.jpg

Edited by fantastic_four

2 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

The only reason he even got the role is because Dougray Scott had to drop out due to a scheduling conflict with his major role in "Mission Impossible 2."  I'm not sure he wouldn't have been better, although Jackman was definitely good.  But I can see plenty of actors being great at machismo, anger, and a feral instinct.

wolverine-avengers-age-of-ultron.jpg

Acting abilities aside, it’s really impressive how he kept up with the role PHYSICALLY over the years. I wonder how many of these actors partake in anabolics...hm. I’ve read a lot...

2 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

I give you "The Sledgehammer", Ilir Latifi.  Just a mess of hair on his dome and we're good!

He's 5' 10".

But Marvel has consistently shown they don't really care how tall actors are relative to comic characters so it's all academic.  The only time I've seen them make much effort was in casting Tyler Mane at 6' 9" as Sabretooth and Daniel Cudmore at 6' 7" as Colossus.  But they subsequently cast Liev Schreiber as Sabretooth, so they eventually decided they'd rather have a good actor than a good body fit.