• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No more feedback from me.

62 posts in this topic

If someone is dissatisfied I say whatever you want-I'll do that. 'How about partial refund?' 'How much you want?' 'uh- $10'. I refund $15.

Nothing.

If you want feedback send your link to it

They always go back pages and people hate to search

hm

I recently sold 10 items on ebay. Shipped same day. Well packed. Didn't receive a single feedback. So, for this reason, I'm no longer giving feedback when I buy something. No one else does.

I buy enough stuff that I usually leave feedback all at once every month. You still might get that feedback.

In a couple months I'll be coming up on 2 years selling-in-my-spare-time, always ship next business day.

424 sales, 275 were left feedback (100%). hm

Well, as was said above, no feedback is better than negative feedback.

I usually leave feedback as a seller when I print the shipping label, unless they're very low FB buyer, just to see if they're going to try any douchbaggery with me.

Edited by jcjames

Good thread Kav! I know you've raised it half in jest, but as the replies show, it is annoying when people don't leave feedback. Especially when you've given great service. I have always left feedback for every sale and every purchase but I accept that some won't. It probably doesn't mean they're bad people, just that they have different priorities in life.

I used to think that ebay should leave auto positive feedback after a month or so if a buyer didn't bother. That would help improve the standings of sellers and seems fair. What do you think?

My rating is over 700 and at 100% with five stars. I figure that's good enough for any buyer. If 50% or so leave feedback I'm good, I don't need every buyer to leave it.

This. It's a nice problem to have but I sell enough on ebay that I don't care if every person leaves feedback.

Kav - I sympathize. I get pretty good return feedback myself but it can certainly be sporadic.

If you don't mind a bit of advice I think I might be able to help you. I think you're doing nearly everything right. Sounds like your packaging is top notch. Shipping time is first rate. Communication is spot on.

So the only thing I'm left with that might be scaring people off is that note on your eBay store that says "Leave feedback immediately or I'll murder your pets!"

I think, possibly, that could be a turn off for some.

All my best,

Frank

Wouldn't it be nice if buyers/sellers were held accountable for leaving feedback?

If someone leaves positive or negative feedback it would be weighted against the percentage of feedback they have actually left in the past. This way people who leave feedback every time are more "trustworthy" on their feedback.

So what?

I have feedback of 2,407

I have left 3,956 comments for others (multiple sales / orders).

I have been left 3,076 comments (multiple sales / orders).

Always leave feedback. It is not what THEY do. It is what YOU do that matters.

+1,

I just leave feedback when someone pays. I find it difficult to be inventive since I really have no other experience with the person, but I leave feedback. They paid, that's really all I need.

I also mention in a note you can write when you print the postage, that I'd appreciate 5 stars as it affects our fees, and I put in a note with each package, giving my email address so they can contact me if there are any problems.

I do find that eBay seems to leave reminders, because sometimes I get feedback a month later.

I don't sell as often as I used to, but I've used these methods for since you could print the postage and they seem to work. I don't even check to see if everyone has left some as long as I don't get people who are upset, I'm happy.

...I used to think that ebay should leave auto positive feedback after a month or so if a buyer didn't bother. That would help improve the standings of sellers and seems fair. What do you think?

Introducing systems to manage people's lives is how you end up with Skynet ;)

It is unfortunate, however some people will not leave feedback. They forget, they can't be bothered or they're just unhappy with the transaction and are showing some consideration, i.e...

...no feedback is better than negative feedback.

The only thing we, as buyers and sellers, can do to improve the system is to continue to leave appropriate feedback in a timely manner...

...Always leave feedback. It is not what THEY do. It is what YOU do that matters...

Wise words.

One time early in my ebay experience, I asked a seller to leave me some feedback after a few weeks of nothing. He wrote a nasty reply and I basically decided to 1) never ask again and 2) never buy from that twit again.

Kind of the opposite of what is going on here but people can be jerks on either side. When you are just starting out-- getting more positive feedback is important to help with reputation and the image a buyer/seller projects to others. But after you get at least over 100-- it seems less important at that point.

What I've started doing is a campaign of buying something cheap from these twerps-then I'll be leaving them some....feedback......