• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IMPORTANT - CGC Chat Boards Upgrade
6 6

151 posts in this topic

Anyone know exactly how to "edit" existing posts?  I have a sales thread and some of my links (kudos, recap pgs, etc.) are broken that I need to fix.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edited by Rip67vdub

10 minutes ago, Rip67vdub said:

Anyone know exactly how to "edit" existing posts?  I have a sales thread and some of my links (kudos, recap pgs, etc.) are broken that I need to fix.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edit is disabled for now and will be enabled later

Just now, Rip67vdub said:

Cool.  Thanks for the heads up.  Any ETA?

Nope. Supposed to be working once migration is done and no word on that. Can take awhile, from a few hours to days

I think the NEW  BOARDS totally suck can't upload pics from comp. or  photobucket unless they are certain size.

CGC just screwed up a 62 yr old not that good with a computer resizing photos and all that.

Liked the layout of the old forum WAY better than this.  

49 minutes ago, topcat54 said:

I think the NEW  BOARDS totally suck can't upload pics from comp. or  photobucket unless they are certain size.

CGC just screwed up a 62 yr old not that good with a computer resizing photos and all that.

You can still upload from PB, just use the "Insert other media" dropdown in the lower right.  Click on "Insert image from URL" and then paste in the PB URL of your pic.

52 minutes ago, topcat54 said:

I totally second that.  This is and always will be horrible as far as I am concerned.  It's like learning everything from total scratch.  So much is so different.

Is it me or does the notification pop-up window for allowing/disabling notifications always come up regardless what selection you choose?

Steps to reproduce:

1.  Navigate to a page.

2.  Window pop-up is displayed.  Select 'Not Now'

3.  Refresh the page.

4.  Window pop-up is again displayed.

Very annoying.

Edited by Rip67vdub

My forum name is different from my society's. On top of this, CGC decided to give me a new forum name!! I can't access my original forum name, bronze johnny. I'm still waiting for CGC to respond to my inquiry and resolve this issue. So, my apologies to boardies who've pm'd me and have not gotten a response- now you know why. Ridiculous!!!!!