• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best number of threads/posts per page?

Items per page  

43 members have voted

1. 1. How many threads should show per page in the forum list by default?

2. 2. How many posts should show per page when reading a thread?

23 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, meeklo said:

I'd recommend sticking to the default of the old boards, especially when you take into account all the sales threads and how they were laid out.

it would be convenient for the old sales threads. but I thought 25 (or whatever it was) was too few.

go for 40-50

I'd like to have the possibility to personalize the content like in the old forum.

I want to set my preferences with 40 post per page and newer post first.

I can not find out how to do it.

When I click on my Account Setting, it brings me to the CGC account

Any help would be very appreciated

22 minutes ago, marmat said:

I'd like to have the possibility to personalize the content like in the old forum.

I want to set my preferences with 40 post per page and newer post first.

I can not find out how to do it.

When I click on my Account Setting, it brings me to the CGC account

Any help would be very appreciated

It's not enabled yet, if ever.

1 hour ago, Doc McCoy said:

So did I, with this new format, the less you have to scroll, the better.

1 hour ago, Doc McCoy said:

I voted 25 and 25 on  this snowy day in the Boston area.

+1

I just had to go back and look at my settings on the old Boards. I had the defaults (25 threads/10 posts). It's not so much as how many there are per page here. It's the giant spacing in between each one. The Old Boards were smaller font and no spacing in between. That was great if you were using a portable device as you didn't need to swipe/scroll as much. Everything seems so much more "zoomed in". 

On 2017-02-08 at 11:06 PM, Architecht said:

Just a little poll

I think it's pretty obvious from the protests as well as the poll that most people think more is better. My preference is always to see more in one shot than less and then I can zoom in on topics of interest.

14 hours ago, HarveySwick said:

I just had to go back and look at my settings on the old Boards. I had the defaults (25 threads/10 posts). It's not so much as how many there are per page here. It's the giant spacing in between each one. The Old Boards were smaller font and no spacing in between. That was great if you were using a portable device as you didn't need to swipe/scroll as much. Everything seems so much more "zoomed in". 

Mine were 25 /30 - I think I voted 25/50 but I'd be fine with either. Changing pages is a waste of time IMO.

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

I think it's pretty obvious from the protests as well as the poll that most people think more is better. My preference is always to see more in one shot than less and then I can zoom in on topics of interest.

Looks more to me like an even split - low side vs. high side, with a small number in the middle.

How is that obvious that people think more is better?

I do think people want more density in general, though.

5 minutes ago, Architecht said:
34 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

Looks more to me like an even split - low side vs. high side, with a small number in the middle.

How is that obvious that people think more is better?

I do think people want more density in general, though.

I just went and did a recount of how many threads are visible on the 1st page of Comics General for the 1st time. I assume you upped the number greatly as now I count north of 25. I don't remember that being there yesterday (unless I'm mistaken).

That's what I meant by more.

So now there are more threads per page viewable, which is a step towards the positive but they are still not very 'dense' as you described it. Lots of 'show' - (meaning stylized functionality) but also still lots of wasted space.