• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A few boards tweaks to note
1 1

86 posts in this topic

Hey, all the available themes for the boards are here (at the bottom of the page) 

http://ipsthemes.com/themes/

this is where we will end up- once the most suitable theme is chosen and tweaked- it will all be fine, just need to get there- but these are all the options available-  here's one:

well, I'd show you one, but I can't upload anything, even though I cleared my attachments......

3 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

No blame. Just hoping that people band together and the upper management gets the feedback they need.

Blame them Roy, blame them!

4 minutes ago, Dog Like Sparky said:
9 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

No blame. Just hoping that people band together and the upper management gets the feedback they need.

Blame them Roy, blame them!

You must be a noob. I'm the whipping boy, here. The mascot. Not the trail blazer. :P

• Administrator
53 minutes ago, Kenners said:

Any way of fixing the ability to not see a quoted post from someone you have on Ignore? Kinda makes the point null if you have someone on Ignore and then the next poster quotes them and you can see the Ignored posters post :whistle:

Not that I know about.

10 minutes ago, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

Hey, all the available themes for the boards are here (at the bottom of the page) 

http://ipsthemes.com/themes/

this is where we will end up- once the most suitable theme is chosen and tweaked- it will all be fine, just need to get there- but these are all the options available-  here's one:

well, I'd show you one, but I can't upload anything, even though I cleared my attachments......

temp.jpg

49 minutes ago, Mr.Mcknowitall said:

I know nothing about designs of websites and what is good or bad. My impression is this new thing is very similar to Collectors Universe layout, without any border lines. Interesting that they also recently upgraded their look. Monkey see monkey do, I guess. I can get used to anything. I am easy. I never post pictures, so I have that going for me, because it doesn't matter to me what is an easier way to do that or not. However, the designer should have an Ophthalmologist review things,  because the one issue I do have is that it is very harsh on the eyes, and does cause a slight dizzy headache, and my vision is quite good. I not when Mr. Arch posts, there is a pretty line border around it. That helped a little.

+1

My eyes have been bothering me when I look at it too long. Like it`s too bright or something. I will say I only notice that brightness on my laptop,and doesn`t bother me on my tablet or smartphone for some reason.

13 hours ago, Architecht said:

White areas and colors - I assume we'll offer some options here, but I haven't spoken to the designer. I made a little experimental theme that I tweaked colors on as a way to get feedback on some changes, but all I discovered is that I'm not a designer, so I took it back out.

Amount of posts per page - I adjusted that upwards a bit this morning, but I think what people are asking for is DENSITY not total # per page. Have to defer to the designer on that one. I wouldn't know where to tweak it anyway.

I'm sure we'll look into it, though.

A key problem is the inability to nest quotes.  I quoted Arch's post, which quoted Roy's post, but my post doesn't include Roy's original post.  A lot of times, particularly on the GA board, we end up having an extended discussion of some point that requires a post to include several previous posts to be intelligible. (Granted that having too many posts nested together can also be a pain, as well as confusing.)

Even in this instance, not having Roy's original post makes it harder to understand Arch's response. If my post were referring to something in Roy's post that Arch's response doesn't refer to, then it would be tough for someone reading my post to figure out what's going on. 

When did they add all the junk to the right side?  

I don't GAF who is online.  Don't care what's "popular now".   If I want updates on what is in the marketplace, I'll go there.  

New post borders (on 15" monitor) are now:

Left side:  1.25"  (Better!!!!)

Right Side:  4.25" (Sucks donkey)

I hope they are working on features that will allow us to customize the looks.   Give me the option to:

-change the skin colors

-Eliminate unnecessary info (whose online, hot topics, etc..).  

9 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

9 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

A key problem is the inability to nest quotes.  I quoted Arch's post, which quoted Roy's post, but my post doesn't include Roy's original post.  A lot of times, particularly on the GA board, we end up having an extended discussion of some point that requires a post to include several previous posts to be intelligible. (Granted that having too many posts nested together can also be a pain, as well as confusing.)

Even in this instance, not having Roy's original post makes it harder to understand Arch's response. If my post were referring to something in Roy's post that Arch's response doesn't refer to, then it would be tough for someone reading my post to figure out what's going on. 

:P 

Spoiler

hit on the circle plus thing when quoting the reply & it will give you a box on the lower right (showing default option of "quoting one post") when you click on that it quotes everything from the post you're quoting.  The idea is that the user has to do extra clicks if they're going to choose to carry-over additional content (prior to the last post)

Edited by bababooey
that didn't work it just double quoted lol

33 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:
13 hours ago, Architecht said:

White areas and colors - I assume we'll offer some options here, but I haven't spoken to the designer. I made a little experimental theme that I tweaked colors on as a way to get feedback on some changes, but all I discovered is that I'm not a designer, so I took it back out.

Amount of posts per page - I adjusted that upwards a bit this morning, but I think what people are asking for is DENSITY not total # per page. Have to defer to the designer on that one. I wouldn't know where to tweak it anyway.

I'm sure we'll look into it, though.

Sqeggs, there are actually two ways to quote the people who you want to quote.

1) use bababooey's method

2) you can actually highlight all the posts you want to quote. Once they are highlighted a small black box pops up and asks if you want to quote it all. Click on the black box and it automatically quotes everything you've highlighted.

Yes, both methods are a little more tedious  than the old software but it is possible.

If you want that option back the best way to do it would be to make a specific thread in the Change Requests And Voting forum and see if people vote it up.

Link below to the forum.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/81-change-requests-and-voting/

28 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Reveal hidden contents

hit on the circle plus thing when quoting the reply & it will give you a box on the lower right (showing default option of "quoting one post") when you click on that it quotes everything from the post you're quoting.  The idea is that the user has to do extra clicks if they're going to choose to carry-over additional content (prior to the last post)

It worked for me once but I couldn't figure out how to do it a second time. I use the highlighting method for now.

42 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Hide contents

Not working for me.  I clicked on the plus in a square and my only option was "Quote one post" That's what I did and this is the result. (shrug)