• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Name any Action Comics #1 reference....

9 posts in this topic

Outside of the direct comic book collecting arena.

1. Simpsons episode where Crusty lights an Action #1 to light a cigar

2. Simpsons episode where Homer passes over an Action #1 at a flea market and calls it "junk"

3. A 1980's Twightlight Zone episode where a bum / packrat saves stuff and one of the items he saves is an Action #1 in Mint condition of course.

More?

2. Simpsons episode where Homer passes over an Action #1 at a flea market and calls it "junk"

3. A 1980's Twightlight Zone episode where a bum / packrat saves stuff and one of the items he saves is an Action #1 in Mint condition of course.

More?

It wasn't Twilight Zone, it was Amazing Stories and the bum was Mark Hamill. One of the defining moments of my childhood.

More?

It wasn't Twilight Zone, it was Amazing Stories and the bum was Mark Hamill. One of the defining moments of my childhood.

Yup. Wasn't there a Detective 27 in there too? I loved the moral of that story: live a life of deprivation, destroy your family and everyone who loves you, and someday you'll become rich, but only after you're too old to really enjoy it. 27_laughing.gif

Yeah, I wondered that too. The guy led a crappy life until he's too old to enjoy it. I think there was a Marvel #1 too. I used to have it recorded and would freeze-frame on that spread.

In real life, the dealer would have offered him $500 and ripped him off.

Yeah, I wondered that too. The guy led a crappy life until he's too old to enjoy it. I think there was a Marvel #1 too. I used to have it recorded and would freeze-frame on that spread.

Yup, loved that episode. It originally aired when I was in college, and 2 of my housemates and I were comic collectors, and we collectively became unglued during that scene.

In real life, the dealer would have offered him $500 and ripped him off.

Oh come on, that's so cynical. Next thing you'll be telling me that a dealer only paid cover price for the greatest comic collection in history! tongue.gif

More?

"The Pack Rat" I believe that episode was called.

I only saw once when it originally aired, and still remember it vividly.

Mark Hamill as an old man at a gas station, trying to gas up his car, to take "one more drive before I die", but being refused because he had to pay in advance, and he had no cash.

Then later, when he was selling his stuff, those two young guys saying to each other: "Hey, you know what this is? It's the Action Comic with the very first Superman in it."