• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Timely" is now "Golden Age Guy"

41 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

on my iPhone6 just now

IMG_0416.PNG

It's also curious how my post count dropped from 8200+ in your screen capture to 7700+; that makes no sense whatsoever.  My board name showing up mangled on some systems, but not others, is also curious.  I suppose it's one of many glitches Arch is trying to fix on this new platform.  Patience is difficult and the eye strain doesn't make it any easier, but I'm hangin' in there.

Apparently Stu wasn't getting enough attention retweeting pearls of wisdom from orange haired zenaphoebs.  So, out of boredom, insecurity or both, this manchild of a thousand monikers must've decided the time was right to revisit shoveling personal bile on CGC board regulars.  As his mentor would probably say, ...SO SAD.

Sorry about the digression. :sorry:

David. I would take one of the Rs out of Merry than you be right till it gets fixed :preach: Or put Dave and drop the David if that's ok with you 2c or have a Beer on me and get more pist

Brown Shugga.jpg

Edited by woowoo

2 hours ago, DavidMerryweather said:

It's also curious how my post count dropped from 8200+ in your screen capture to 7700+; that makes no sense whatsoever.  My board name showing up mangled on some systems, but not others, is also curious.  I suppose it's one of many glitches Arch is trying to fix on this new platform.  Patience is difficult and the eye strain doesn't make it any easier, but I'm hangin' in there.

Apparently Stu wasn't getting enough attention retweeting pearls of wisdom from orange haired zenaphoebs.  So, out of boredom, insecurity or both, this manchild of a thousand monikers must've decided the time was right to revisit shoveling personal bile on CGC board regulars.  As his mentor would probably say, ...SO SAD.

On my iPhone, names and avatars appear above posts, rather than to the side--as on my desktop.  So space for names isn't an issue. Maybe the phone view is the one the designers were working off. hm

1 hour ago, woowoo said:

David. I would take one of the Rs out of Merry than you be right till it gets fixed :preach: Or put Dave and drop the David if that's ok with you 2c or have a Beer on me and get more pist

Brown Shugga.jpg

The beer/ale is always a good idea.  (thumbsu

Changing my name/moniker or the spelling of it wouldn't be my first choice since David Merryweather IS the Cat-Man.  Besides, if you have to misspell a character's name to use it, then why bother? 

If the new platform is going to work for everyone it needs to be flexible enough to provide the desired apps without loss of any functionality or ease of operation.  2c

9 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

On my iPhone, names and avatars appear above posts, rather than to the side--as on my desktop.  So space for names isn't an issue. Maybe the phone view is the one the designers were working off. hm

Whatever the designers were thinking it looks like they're getting more than they bargained for.  The site will turn into a garbage heap if Stu's shill monikers keep popping up here and in General.  I can ignore most of his grade school invective, but it makes communicating with fellow boardies more difficult since bottom feeders tend to suck all the air out of the room.  I hope Arch fixes these issues and figures some way to latch the doggy door to keep the strays out. 

Edited by DavidMerryweather

On 2/14/2017 at 4:08 PM, David_Merryweather said:

Er, what is an orange haired zenaphoeb?

On 2/13/2017 at 5:11 PM, Timely said:

or any of you who care, when the boards switched over it erased my "Timely" login because I had signed up as "Golden Age Guy" under the CGC umbrella company. 

Looks like I'm a newbie again! :tonofbricks:

West

You're back and, no doubt, better than ever! :)

On February 14, 2017 at 0:55 AM, David_Merryweather said:

It isn't posting that way ...except in your post... on either device I'm using (IPad & Apple desktop).  

The "r" is dropped to the second line, and BTW, I am using Beta mode now.  I wonder if this is a glitch that pops up on some devices and not others.  hm

Don't feel bad, it cuts off the er on my iPad mini. 

13 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Don't feel bad, it cuts off the er on my iPad mini. 

David_Mryweather?

7 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

David_Mryweather?

David_Mryweath?