• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE SUICIDE SQUAD directed by James Gunn (2021)
3 3

803 posts in this topic

On 8/15/2021 at 1:42 PM, jsilverjanet said:

Does HBO Max count cable subscribers as a paid subscriber in their totals.

i have HBO as part of my xfinity cable so I don’t have to be a “paid” subscriber 

To my knowledge if you have access to HBO max you are counted, if you only have access to the cable stations you are not.  HBO max's biggest problem right now is that their international rollout has been slow and plagued by licensing and rights conflicts.

Edited by drotto

On 8/15/2021 at 1:42 PM, jsilverjanet said:

Does HBO Max count cable subscribers as a paid subscriber in their totals.

i have HBO as part of my xfinity cable so I don’t have to be a “paid” subscriber 

After that image came out publishing what was assumed to be final current streaming figures, it turns out it does not account for the recent Latin America and Caribbean.

HBO Max to launch in Latin America and the Caribbean June 29

This also does not account for the 2021 distribution deals cut with Sky Cinema (UK), Crave TV (Canada), BookMyShow (India) and other providers that pay to run such productions regionally. Because they are third-party providers, the distribution results are not accounted for.

On 8/15/2021 at 11:30 AM, jsilverjanet said:

Their revenue from streaming is up, but they may not be turning a profit depending on content spend and (as the article notes) how many households get it as a free add-on.  HBOMax has 10 percent of DIS+ and 5 percent of NFLX subscriber numbers.

I hope this isn't Gunn's direction for GOTG 3. It was nice to see Taika Waititi's cameos as Ratcatcher & there were some descent moments throughout but the most memorable part of this film to me was Grandson's Oh No!!! as the credits started rolling. That song intrigued me more that the movie itself.

On 8/20/2021 at 4:21 PM, D84 said:

I'm not sure on the streaming stuff. Is this good or bad?

For a mainly U.S.-based streaming service, that is incredible numbers. Here was the results for Zack Snyder's Justice League, even as a four-hour movie. Which was considered strong.

Samba_ZSJL.png.c1d70ab698324a1de818a642503cc890.png

On 8/20/2021 at 4:25 PM, Bosco685 said:

For a mainly U.S.-based streaming service, that is incredible numbers. Here was the results for Zack Snyder's Justice League, even as a four-hour movie. Which was considered strong.

Samba_ZSJL.png.c1d70ab698324a1de818a642503cc890.png

But...The Suicide Squad was like...

Good.

Speaking of which...

I have a feeling when they realize Peacemaker, I bet we see it from his POV and in it Rick Flagg is probably telling him what to do in the fight. Because Peacemaker's mind is so warped.