• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE SUICIDE SQUAD directed by James Gunn (2021)
3 3

803 posts in this topic

On 8/24/2021 at 2:22 AM, Awax said:

Where was there X rated nudity?  Was there there some penetration I missed.  I just saw a few b oo bs.  

🤷🏽‍♂️

I've been reading some of this and wondering the same.

hm

On 8/24/2021 at 5:15 AM, Bosco685 said:

I've been reading some of this and wondering the same.

hm

The scene where Harley is being romanced by the President of the country.  He drops his pants and there is his twig and berries on display.  I myself wouldn't call it "X-rated" (no more so than the giant blue dingus in the Watchman movie),  but you know us here in the States are prudes about that.  Maybe that is the scene they are meaning.

On 8/24/2021 at 6:55 AM, media_junkie said:

The scene where Harley is being romanced by the President of the country.  He drops his pants and there is his twig and berries on display.  I myself wouldn't call it "X-rated" (no more so than the giant blue dingus in the Watchman movie),  but you know us here in the States are prudes about that.  Maybe that is the scene they are meaning.

Not sure if that is accurate though. The scene you are referring to is when Harley is unbuttoning his pants.

TSS_pants.thumb.PNG.d14a56914dde42f1bcc88436d4eec8dc.PNG

One moment we see that - next they are throwing one another on the table. Is there something else I missed?

(shrug)

On 8/24/2021 at 7:10 AM, Bosco685 said:

Not sure if that is accurate though. The scene you are referring to is when Harley is unbuttoning his pants.

TSS_pants.thumb.PNG.d14a56914dde42f1bcc88436d4eec8dc.PNG

One moment we see that - next they are throwing one another on the table. Is there something else I missed?

(shrug)

Ok, maybe I am remembering things wrong.  I for sure thought there was full frontal of a dude in the movie.  I'm not going to go back and re-watch it just to look for some dudes junk though.

On 8/23/2021 at 11:38 AM, Artboy99 said:

You and I are in the same camp as I hated the film as well. It seems to be the type of film you either love (like many of our fellow CGC board members) or you disliked it.

I tend to not like gore as humor, which the Suicide Squad was full of.

I also felt it lacked a compelling story of any kind. Polka Dot guy made me think of the Skittles commercial with the infection spreading to the girl that pulls a candy off the kid's face.

With 'hating' something - for me - a production has to be so offensive and lacking any care for people's sensitivities and needs it should have not been made to begin with. Although some may toss the word around loosely.

On 7/14/2021 at 11:58 PM, Artboy99 said:

I have actually watched Captain Marvel a few times. I didn't hate the film. I will never watch WW84 ever again, awful movie.

Just got back from seeing Black Widow, entertaining film. I really liked the Taskmaster, that it was a she didn't bother me. Average Marvel movie.

So you hated The Suicide Squad. You thought Wonder Woman 1984 was an awful movie. But with Black Widow this was entertaining and with Captain Marvel you watched it a few times and didn't hate it.

Maybe. Just maybe. You favor the PG-13 world of the MCU and how it crafts a strongly connected franchise. No matter how mediocre or uneventful a streaming show or movie may be. So to travel outside that realm of entertainment is only subjecting yourself to things you can't appreciate or care for to begin with.

And that is not meant as an attack on what you appreciate. But to see posts from NewWorldOrder how much he loved Black Widow and you finding it entertaining - maybe your fallback will always be Marvel and MCU films and if a studio doesn't follow that pattern you have a severe reaction to the final results. And that's okay if it is what you favor. But to wish a film to bomb and calling it trash - seems extreme.

On 8/24/2021 at 9:07 AM, media_junkie said:

Ok, maybe I am remembering things wrong.  I for sure thought there was full frontal of a dude in the movie.  I'm not going to go back and re-watch it just to look for some dudes junk though.

At times if we didn't care for something we can convince ourselves of things because of the reaction from seeing it. It happens. No offense meant or taken.

This film was not high on my list. I watched it twice to validate my reaction to it, and although I didn't strongly dislike it I didn't care for the fast kills of legacy team members. But with some (NOT YOU) allowing themselves to bring their MCU-colored sunglasses to bear in order to hate a film or call it trash - man there has to be better things in life if you subjected yourself to something you knew in advance was going to fail to meet your expectations to begin with.

On 8/24/2021 at 7:08 AM, Bosco685 said:

With 'hating' something - for me - a production has to be so offensive and lacking any care for people's sensitivities and needs it should have not been made to begin with. Although some may toss the word around loosely.

So you hated The Suicide Squad. You thought Wonder Woman 1984 was an awful movie. But with Black Widow this was entertaining and with Captain Marvel you watched it a few times and didn't hate it.

Maybe. Just maybe. You favor the PG-13 world of the MCU and how it crafts a strongly connected franchise. No matter how mediocre or uneventful a streaming show or movie may be. So to travel outside that realm of entertainment is only subjecting yourself to things you can't appreciate or care for to begin with.

And that is not meant as an attack on what you appreciate. But to see posts from NewWorldOrder how much he loved Black Widow and you finding it entertaining - maybe your fallback will always be Marvel and MCU films and if a studio doesn't follow that pattern you have a severe reaction to the final results. And that's okay if it is what you favor. But to wish a film to bomb and calling it trash - seems extreme.

I never want a film to bomb nor call it trash, I want every movie to be the best it can be.( especially those related to our beloved hobby of comics )

My opinion isn't about DC or Marvel or movie ratings, I just want to watch great movies. 

On 8/24/2021 at 9:32 AM, Artboy99 said:

I never want a film to bomb nor call it trash, I want every movie to be the best it can be.( especially those related to our beloved hobby of comics )

My opinion isn't about DC or Marvel or movie ratings, I just want to watch great movies. 

I'd like to assume so from most forumites. Time has proven me wrong.

On 8/24/2021 at 7:35 AM, Bosco685 said:

I'd like to assume so from most forumites. Time has proven me wrong.

It is just an opinion. There will always be someone whose opinion is different from your own.

On 8/24/2021 at 8:07 AM, media_junkie said:
On 8/24/2021 at 6:10 AM, Bosco685 said:

(shrug)One moment we see that - next they are throwing one another on the table. Is there something else I missed?

Expand  

There was (thumbsu in the jungle when they are having a killing spree competition, some guy raises the blinds and has only a t-shirt on showing his twigs and berries, and gets shot immediately :foryou: and then the other shooter says ah ya? and then shoots a fan while its running and knocks it into some different guy taking a bath or something like that, no nudity on that guy at that time, but it WAS a consecutive balls "shot" decapitation lol 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 8/24/2021 at 10:48 AM, Artboy99 said:

It is just an opinion. There will always be someone whose opinion is different from your own.

Oh it is okay to have a differing opinion.

But it is interesting when you see a pattern from some of "MCU does it right" and "everyone else needs to copy the MCU". You pick up on the themes rather easily over time.

As a public service, and in the spirit of consumer protection, I feel the need to warn anyone now seeking out The Suicide Squad for the reported "nonsensical X-rated nudity" that they will be severely disappointed by this film.

However, I am told by my sources that buried somewhere in the internet is some actual X-rated nudity available for comparison purposes.  But this is only a rumor.  Don't hold me to it.  :gossip:

The Suicide Squad director James Gunn recently shared some original art by Christian Cordella of Harley Quinn designs for the movie and revealed that Harley's beach uniform, which is the first outfit viewers see of her, was inspired by the video game Injustice 2's take on the character. This isn't the first time Gunn has said that Harley's look in the movie was based on a video game design, but previously he had indicated that it was from the Arkham series of video games and not the title from NetherRealm Studios.

"Some original Christian Cordella art under Judianna Makovsky for [The Suicide Squad]," Gunn recently shared over on Twitter. "The dress was one of the 1st designs - here's a version before we settled on the red & black hair (which was very early). The beach uniform was inspired by her outfit in the Injustice 2 video game."

Finally rented it, and it was...okay.

Starro was the absolute star of the movie, and for that alone I think made it worth watching. Would have preferred he survive, but that's minor and easily undone if need be for future use.

Found the pacing, most dialogue, and score to be subpar but did look good for the most part (other than some of the poorest composite green screen backgrounds I've seen recently in a major film) and managed to hold my interest the entire time (plot threads were good with linking many of the characters - including Starro - to a central theme that they thankfully didn't have to spell out for the audience). Enjoyed the deaths, as some were honestly not expected and that sort of surprise is a refreshing rarity these days.

Would 100% been better had it included full frontal male nudity. El Presidente? More like, el caliente!

Edited by Sauce Dog