• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday Sunday Sunday! EBay bringing some pre-code heat!

34 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Point Five said:

I care enough to offer you $250.   :foryou:

4 hours ago, october said:

When did people start caring about this issue? I remember buying this VF+ range Crowley maybe 5 or 7 years ago. I paid next to nothing for it. $225 or so. 

suspensedetective4.jpg

I care enough to give you an 8% annualized return based on 6 years. :foryou:

Edited by Ricksneatstuff

7 hours ago, NP_Gresham said:

That was one of the last books i needed to complete my 1-100 run. I way over-paid on a raw copy at $956 a year or so ago.

Now it is not looking quite as foolish I guess.  

I think that was a sound investment. It's only going up in any grade and not getting any easier to find under a grand.

5 hours ago, october said:

When did people start caring about this issue? I remember buying this VF+ range Crowley maybe 5 or 7 years ago. I paid next to nothing for it. $225 or so. 

suspensedetective4.jpg

Thanks! I have never seen that so now I care, too! Another one to track down.

5 hours ago, october said:

suspensedetective4.jpg

People "in the know" always have. Just look at it. One of the best crime covers. Crime has always brung up the rear behind horror and sci-fi. Books like this have been way under the radar but have started to pick up steam. That is, until as Mitch says, the whole bottom drops out. Real pretty copy by they way!

This was one heck of a Sunday night. TONS of killer books hit the block and were eagerly bid upon aggressively. I took a shot at two and bid very aggressive I thought but was blown out of the water even on the stuff I thought was a little less splashy and I might have had a chance at. I don't know if the end is near or not but this round of auctions showed me there is still a lot of gas in the tank on this material.

21 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Did you see what the raw BM 8 went for???!!! Over $800. Pretty shocking.  

Can't believe that Ace horror is actually getting such strong prices. The publisher has generally been looked down upon over the years by career horrorheads like myself as one of the main also-rans of the era, although their titles have grown on me recently.

25 minutes ago, goldust40 said:
22 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Did you see what the raw BM 8 went for???!!! Over $800. Pretty shocking.  

Can't believe that Ace horror is actually getting such strong prices. The publisher has generally been looked down upon over the years by career horrorheads like myself as one of the main also-rans of the era, although their titles have grown on me recently.

I know what you mean. I've flirted with a number of the books, but still to this day haven't yet bought one.

33 minutes ago, goldust40 said:

That BM 8 sale is pretty shocking. Would have priced that book at $150-225. 

Edited by october

7 minutes ago, october said:

That BM 8 sale is pretty shocking. Would have priced that book at $150-225. 

It's not a cover I've paid particular attention to either -  as far as Ace issues are concerned, Beyond 25 and 29 do very well in most grades (although 29 is much more common). Not many Ace books have bad covers, but none are real standouts, either.