• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The deffective slabs are negatively affecting the market

7 posts in this topic

I dont know if this is happening to you , but i see the deffective CGC slabs being sold in the market below GPA, i am avoiding them but people who doesn´t know about the newton rings and the waves are buying those slabs so price at GPA depending on the grade goes down and when i try to sell my non deffective slabs my price is above GPA :(

Edited by Mijael.Levy

I've seen a few that look good price wise, but because I can see that it is the defective case I've avoided them.....

If you buy a defective case at a good price, will CGC still reholder for free?....even though your not technically the one who sent it in for grading...?

If so I'm sure flippers will even out the market.......idk

Newton's rings do not damage the comic book.  As a matter of fact, nothing about the original new holder appears to damage the comic book.  I would be happy to purchase a comic book in an original new holder at a reduced price, and spend $15 to have it reholdered.  I advise sellers to either have their comic books reholdered at CGC's expense, or to simply hold their ground with buyers.  Best of luck, Mijael.Levy.