• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker's Best Covers (Top 10)
6 6

338 posts in this topic

On the old boards, didn't there used to be a poll option in the reply window?  Can't set up a poll, if such an option does not currently exist.  There is some discussion of the missing poll option in the "I hate the new boards" thread.

I am mostly left brained and worked with computers since 1972 (pre desktop).

I go away for a week and we have another Baker thread...:wishluck:, but...you people need to know something.  A top ten Baker cannot have any word balloons on the cover.  :sumo:  So, I hereby eliminate any cover with word balloons from my top ten...except for WR 17...

So, these are examples of covers with no balloons that should be on the list, and i NEVER see anyone post this first one except me...is it scarce?

16359405259_7ff31ab72f_c.jpg

15923100134_be61ba557d_c.jpg

16359787387_4979461bec_c.jpg

16544390891_f2918e233d_c.jpg

OK, we now resume our regular programming...

Edited by tricolorbrian

On 2/24/2017 at 3:23 PM, path4play said:

Not sure how I forgot about one the top favorites in my whole collection.  For some reason, I don't think of it as Baker, although it is cited as such in GCD.

712016fix9-732x1024.jpg

So...this is Baker?  Hmmm...if that is Baker, then these are Baker too because they look like the same artist...but I don't think any of them are really Baker...:gossip:  Just my opinion, though...

16359772177_cb74c3e47d_c.jpg

16543978391_9241ae209a_c.jpg

Funny you should mention Diary Secrets #30... Tony and I both posted our copies in the Baker Romance thread about a week ago.  Go get caught up.  

Your TR 42 is just gorgeous- I want it.  I've got some magic beans, do you wanna trade me for it?

18 hours ago, BitterOldMan said:

On the old boards, didn't there used to be a poll option in the reply window?  Can't set up a poll, if such an option does not currently exist.  There is some discussion of the missing poll option in the "I hate the new boards" thread.

I am mostly left brained and worked with computers since 1972 (pre desktop).

I think you may be right that the poll function hasn't yet been activated.

7 hours ago, tricolorbrian said:

So...this is Baker?  Hmmm...if that is Baker, then these are Baker too because they look like the same artist...but I don't think any of them are really Baker...:gossip:  Just my opinion, though...

16359772177_cb74c3e47d_c.jpg

16543978391_9241ae209a_c.jpg

None of these are Baker.  He didn't work on Rulah or Zoot.  Iger shop stuff.

1 minute ago, 29dukedog said:

These look like covers only, and all from the same collector.  Is there an OO story here, that you know of?

It was a cover lot that spanned many publishers, all romance though. I've been trying to get to the bottom of the FD and one hole punch but no luck. 

I'm the only one who's going to post this one..... and I get the preference for the Romance stuff...... but this one is so dynamic, and it always made me wonder what a Matt Baker take on Spider-man would've been like. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Vl1tJ01.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

1 minute ago, Ameri said:

It was a cover lot that spanned many publishers, all romance though. I've been trying to get to the bottom of the FD and one hole punch but no luck. 

That's a strange place for a hole punch.  And only one per cover. 

2 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

I'm the only one who's going to post this one..... and I get the preference for the Romance stuff...... but this one is so dynamic, and it always made me wonder what a Matt Baker take on Spider-man would've been like. GOD BLESS...

Vl1tJ01.jpg

I myself requested that someone post this cover, and had it granted, a few days back.  Agreed, a very dynamic cover!

23 minutes ago, 29dukedog said:
27 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

Vl1tJ01.jpg

I myself requested that someone post this cover, and had it granted, a few days back.  Agreed, a very dynamic cover!

Again, great cover but probably not Baker.

22 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

I must have missed it.....and I thought I'd seen every post. One must have slipped past. Why oh why didn't we get just a few Sci Fi covers by Baker ? GOD BLESS...

Why, indeed.  Though, I've always felt this one is reminiscent of Creature from the Black Lagoon, which is generally considered a sci-fi film... isn't it?   ags13_zpsc91ded38.jpg