• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker's Best Covers (Top 10)
6 6

338 posts in this topic

Always felt this one was underappreciated (lack of a MB 'babe'?) (shrug). Anyway, the cover is an interesting specimen if only as a 'brother' cover to Seven Seas #4's 'sister'. Man/Woman in underwater duel with beast. At least the South Seas girl had a knife. Wild Boy will have to try and pull a Kong and break it's jaws.

Tony, your Baker romance run is PHENOMENAL!! (worship)

Wild%20Boy%20of%20the%20Congo%2015_zpszh

43 minutes ago, Sagii said:

Always felt this one was underappreciated (lack of a MB 'babe'?) (shrug). Anyway, the cover is an interesting specimen if only as a 'brother' cover to Seven Seas #4's 'sister'. Man/Woman in underwater duel with beast. At least the South Seas girl had a knife. Wild Boy will have to try and pull a Kong and break it's jaws.

Tony, your Baker romance run is PHENOMENAL!! (worship)

Wild%20Boy%20of%20the%20Congo%2015_zpszh

This one isn't underappreciated by me- I love it... and have a very pretty copy of my own.

9 hours ago, comicjack said:
11 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Sold for $14,340

Jimbo 747 should be happy with that price and his 9.0

There's a CGC 9.2 on the census which is the highest graded copy for the Seven Seas 4.

Does anybody have any idea if this would be the Church copy or the possible whereabouts of the Church copy for this book?  hm

Chuck had the MH Seven Seas 4 listed as a NM+ in his catalogue, but then what does he know since he had Seven Seas 1 and 3 both priced way higher than issue #4.  :takeit:

5 hours ago, lou_fine said:

There's a CGC 9.2 on the census which is the highest graded copy for the Seven Seas 4.

Does anybody have any idea if this would be the Church copy or the possible whereabouts of the Church copy for this book?  hm

Chuck had the MH Seven Seas 4 listed as a NM+ in his catalogue, but then what does he know since he had Seven Seas 1 and 3 both priced way higher than issue #4.  :takeit:

I have this copy, which is the only 9.8 on the census.  Not indicated as the Church copy on the label and it lacks the usual Church markings.  There's a 9.6 on the census.  Perhaps that's the Church copy or maybe it has yet to be graded.

lf_zpsjg7d9xxf.jpg

7 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I have this copy, which is the only 9.8 on the census.  Not indicated as the Church copy on the label and it lacks the usual Church markings.  There's a 9.6 on the census.  Perhaps that's the Church copy or maybe it has yet to be graded.

lf_zpsjg7d9xxf.jpg

Let's see if this scan is larger.

lf_zps7f9ziwaj.jpg

45 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Let's see if this scan is larger.

lf_zps7f9ziwaj.jpg

My favorite page from Seven Seas #1.

"Above a volcano floor, shrouded by whispering mists, and hemmed in with deep waters treacherously studded by reefs, lies the vanishing isles... where the pounding surf sweeps adventure against lush shores, demanding a challenge from the young beautiful ruler and protector, Alani... known simply as the South Sea Girl!"  

SevenSeasSplash_zpsmeh8ejrw.jpg

11 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Probably not a Top 10 cover for me, but another one with a lot going on in the background.

7d3a14fb-e18e-43d5-bc53-b4db5bea069b_zps

Speaking of Canteen Kate... Overstreet calls #3 "scarce"... but I've seen SO many copies of that issue! 

5 minutes ago, 29dukedog said:

Speaking of Canteen Kate... Overstreet calls #3 "scarce"... but I've seen SO many copies of that issue! 

Yeah, I think that's a holdover from pre-Internet days.  Fourteen copies on the census.  Looks like my 8.0 is, surprisingly, the highest. 

Edited by Sqeggs