• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How many million dollar books exist now?

23 posts in this topic

Obviously the better copies of Tec 27 and Action 1 qualify, with the very best few copies of each now worth multi-millions. There have been sales of AF 15 exceeding $1 million. What about the very top copies of Bat 1, Supes 1? How many legit million dollar individual items are out there now? Maybe fifty books total?

You can go to Rob React's page where he lists down books in the $100,000 club or go to the Heritage archives and can find out which books now are worth a mil or more, and that's only the tip of it.  There are some more out there in private collections.  Some have never seen the light of day in so many years. 

55 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Any idea what Jon Berk's copy of Detective 27 would grade out at and that might determine if we have another addition to the Million Dollar Club?  hm

I guess we'll be finding out any day now.  :taptaptap:

My popcorn is out for the big reveal :popcorn:

9 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Any idea what Jon Berk's copy of Detective 27 would grade out at and that might determine if we have another addition to the Million Dollar Club?  hm

I believe it got a 6.5 sp

quite a few notes (ct, piece added, cleaned, etc)  as well as notation of it being signed (don't recall by whom)

IMG_4440.PNG

Edited by G.A.tor
Image of book added

3 hours ago, G.A.tor said:
13 hours ago, lou_fine said:

quite a few notes (ct, piece added, cleaned, etc)  as well as notation of it being signed (don't recall by whom)

IMG_4440.PNG

Edited 3 hours ago by G.A.tor
Image of book added

Well, I guess this answers our question though. 

Hopefully, he brought it with prior knowledge of the restoration work done on the book.  Probably the case since Jon was always happy to get the book and restoration was not the main concern when it came to these rare books.  (thumbsu

Nice to see that CGC has given a designation of "From The Collection Of Jon Berk" to this set of books.  If Nicholas Cage managed to get one, then Jon more than deserved to get his own designation. 

The one I could never fully understand was why CGC never gave Bob Overstreet's books a designation.  I guess the fact that the collection was sold in '95 before CGC was in place is the main reason.  But really should not be that hard to trace the lineage of those books.  hm  (shrug)

Edited by lou_fine

5 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

IMG_4440.PNG

Oh man. Some people gonna take a looong hard look at this : no pieces added, must be many many moons Ago since a slight* tec27 last surfaced?

remove resto

flip'n retire ....

This  book could  go High...

2 minutes ago, Mr bla bla said:
5 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

IMG_4440.PNG

Oh man. Some people gonna take a looong hard look at this : no pieces added, must be many many moons Ago since a slight* tec27 last surfaced?

remove resto

flip'n retire ....

Welcome to the Boards as it's always good to have new members join us here!  (thumbsu

Looks like a copy of Detective 27 on the market was enough to entice you to join the Boards.

Well, it's all yours for the right price.  :gossip:  :takeit:

29 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Welcome to the Boards as it's always good to have new members join us here!  (thumbsu

Looks like a copy of Detective 27 on the market was enough to entice you to join the Boards.

Well, it's all yours for the right price.  :gossip:  :takeit:

Yeaah a complete newb.

been lurkin in the shadow though for a while... Reading threads....

much wisdom buried here ... if You know where to look.

Ie. the tec: Well its out of My league. But hey... a guy Can Dream .

1 hour ago, Mr bla bla said:

remove resto

flip'n retire ....

You can't unclean the cover, so I don't think the resto can be removed on this one.

1 minute ago, Sqeggs said:

You can't unclean the cover, so I don't think the resto can be removed on this one.

1 minute ago, Sqeggs said:

It would go into 'conserved' holder right??

1 minute ago, Mr bla bla said:
4 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

It would go into 'conserved' holder right??

Not sure.  Per CGC's site:

Specific repairs done to improve the structural integrity and long-term preservation of a comic book will now be classified as “conservation” and designated with a blue / purple label. These repairs include tear seals, support, staple replacement, piece reattachment and certain kinds of cleaning.

I guess the other point is that if Metro thought there was anything that could be done that would get the book into a blue or conserved holder, they would presumably have done it.

Edited by Sqeggs
Typo