• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED Junk Sale! Lots of Weird old Funny Books!
3 3

110 posts in this topic

SOLD!

Crime Suspenstories #16 April-May 1953 EC Pubs.

Seminal EC crime title. Other issues like #22 and #20 get all the love but I think is is even more terrifying. Just look at the glazed look in the killer's eyes. One of my favorite ECs. A friend of mine loves this one so much he had it tatooed on his leg! Great art and stories including a nice Al Williamson tale.

The colors just pop on this copy. Flat, clean, bright and complete. Covers have some light general wear. Wrinkles, a couple light creases and a small 1/2" tear on right edge in middle. There is a light stain in upper right corner and on inside of front cover. Back cover has some light discoloration and a few small bends.  Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Interior paper is yellowed but supple with no tears, creases or anything missing. Pretty solid and nice display copy. This issue seems to be heating up a little...

$75.00

crimesuspenstories1_zpscv8vfvzb.jpg

crimesuspenstories2_zpsfbjnkwyw.jpg

Edited by Robot Man
sold

Suzie #64 Aug 1948 MLJ Pubs

Classic good girl art title! Sexy gag cover plus great interior good girl art sexy stories.

A solid, complete reader. Spine is a bit ragged and torn. Cover is detached from book. Numerous edge tears, small folds and creases. Centerfold bound well to book. Interior pages are yellowed and slightly tanning. Supple and clean with nothing missing.

$20.00

suzie64a_zpse3zi887f.jpg

suzie64b_zpsnwb0o9wf.jpg

Movie Comics #4 1947 Friction House Pubs.

Awsome small run issue. This issue features one of Matt Baker's best stories. "Mitzi of the Movies in Hollywood". Whole story is full of sexy poses. Also included is a great "Slave Girl" story that also looks like Baker. Best issue in the run.

A nice incomplete reader. The centerfold is sadly missing this does not include the stories above. They are complete as well, all but the middle one.  Book has seen some water damage. Spine is rolled with slightly rusty staples that migrate to centerfold. Small tears, folds, creases and other minor wear. Interior paper is yellowed but supple. Has a few folds and small creases. A rough but very readable filler copy 'till you can find a nicer one.

$35.00

movie4a_zps5hwrg9hw.jpg

movie4b_zpstnss3ics.jpg

movie4c_zpsvpudjw3f.jpg

movie4d_zpsonv5ciy7.jpg

25 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Crime Suspenstories #16 April-May 1953 EC Pubs.

Seminal EC crime title. Other issues like #22 and #20 get all the love but I think is is even more terrifying. Just look at the glazed look in the killer's eyes. One of my favorite ECs. A friend of mine loves this one so much he had it tatooed on his leg! Great art and stories including a nice Al Williamson tale.

The colors just pop on this copy. Flat, clean, bright and complete. Covers have some light general wear. Wrinkles, a couple light creases and a small 1/2" tear on right edge in middle. There is a light stain in upper right corner and on inside of front cover. Back cover has some light discoloration and a few small bends.  Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Interior paper is yellowed but supple with no tears, creases or anything missing. Pretty solid and nice display copy. This issue seems to be heating up a little...

$75.00

crimesuspenstories1_zpscv8vfvzb.jpg

:takeit::takeit:

Crud, I'll take it

SOLD!

OK, last one for today and it is an obscure one!

The Funnies Annual 1959 Avon Pubs.

Big fat, 7" x 10" square bound, stiff cover book. Features best comic strips of the year including Archie by Montana, Steve Canyon by Caniff, Blondie by Chick Young, Felix the Cat, Popeye and others Even some sexy girls in lingerie. Chronological history of the comics. Listed as Rare in Overstreet and I believe it. I've seen very few copies of this one. No Avon collection is complete without this one.

Beautiful copy! Flat, tight, square complete copy. Has full, un-torn paper spine. No tears, chipping or missing pieces. One long top to bottom right side crease that does not break color. Book is bound tight to covers. Interior paper is yellowed but fresh and no tears, creases or anything missing. One of the better and rarest books in this thread!

$225.

funniesannual1_zpsnlqy1s4j.jpg

funniesannual2_zpsjnt8wi8x.jpg

funniesannual3_zpswjvhpofc.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

That's it for today Gang. I've got another big pile for tomorrow. It looks a rain possibility tomorrow. If so, I will sadly miss the flea market and get started earlier. If not, I will finish these up when I get home. I'm doing the "no rain" dance...

OK gang, I just got back from the junk show and just in time. It's raining again... Perfect day to throw up some cool funny books. I just noticed that Sharon is on her last legs so now's the time. So if you have any spare change left over 'ole Robot Man will be happy to help you part with it. First one up in a few minutes...

Back again, this time for a while. Been up since 3:00 AM "junking" and have a few things to take care of...

Another interesting (I hope) load of funny books with a couple other things thrown in (because I like 'em). A lot of books that my friends & fellow boardies have asked about.

PM's...I don't usually look at them while I am listing. Just trying to get these up for everybody in a timely fashion. Gotta question? Just post it and I will do my best to answer. I almost never take a lower offer on a book that I just posted. Why would I if no one else has even seen it?  If you want to send me a PM with a lower offer, I'm open but only after I'm done posting.

First one coming up!

Crime Smashers #6 Sept 1951 Trojan Pubs.

Excellent crime title! Full of sleezy girls and pretty girls in trouble. Always violent. In this one is a guy that smacks his moll girlfriend then sticks her in the back with a knife. Also other wild tales.

A solid, bright, complete copy. A solid copy with lots of spotty wear. Covers have small bug holes in bottom sides on both covers. It is a little "chippy" on edges. Has a 1/4" upper spine tear. Spine shows wear. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Interior pages are yellowed but supple and clean with nothing missing.

$25.00

crimesmashers6a_zpsira8mvuz.jpg

crimesmashers6b_zps56m8wmfw.jpg

Georgie #28 Dec 1950 Marvel Pubs.

I think the best cover in the run. Full of great teenage girly art. Hard to get issue that has come into demand. Bought this from a boardie as a filler and recently upgraded.

A solid, clean, bright, complete copy. Spine is a bit ragged and torn. Cover is detached from book. Numerous edge tears, small folds and creases. Centerfold bound well to book. Interior pages are white to off white. There is a small piece 1/2" x 1-1/2" off the right side. Book is detached from covers. Small 3/8" upper spine tear/split. Light stain at bottom of cover. Slight spine roll. Centerfold is tight. Interior pages are supple and clean with nothing missing.

WAS $45.00.  NOW $40.00

georgie28a_zpstdmrotkg.jpg

georgie28b_zpsgzwy4ssm.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

How about a cool giveaway?

Tim and Sally's Adventures at Marineland. 1957 5" x 7" 16 pages full color and printed on newsprint. Marineland was an "aquarium" theme park in the 1950's. I went there as a kid. It is long gone now but replaced by one of our current president's golf courses... Funny, talking Penguin guiding you through the park. FREE as an added bonus, I'll throw in 4 '50's vintage  postcards from the park!

Book is excellent shape. Flat, bright, clean and complete. Back is a little wrinkled, small 1/4" tear at bottom of front cover. A couple minor bends. Paper is bright and white. Nice copy of an obscure giveaway!

WAS $30.00.  NOW $25.00

marineland1_zpsycnarrgw.jpg

marineland2_zpsavo6lccm.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Diary Secrets #24 July 1954 St. John Pubs.

A great issue with a steller cover by Matt Baker! Two hussies fighting it out in a diner. Other great girl art and some lingerie. Has my favorite backcover comic book ad. The dog in the tea cup asking for a home...

A solid, bright, tight complete copy. Has a small piece 1/2" x 2" piece missing from bottom of cover. A couple thin long top to bottom creases on right side. Upper spine is discolored about 1/4". No tears. Solid and clean. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Interior pages are white to off white, supple and clean with nothing missing.

WAS $90.00.  NOW $85.00

diarysecrets24a_zpsikftczxo.jpg

diarysecrets24b_zpsk4cbajp1.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

This Magazine is Haunted #13 Oct 1953 Fawcett Pubs.

Classic bloody decapitation victim looking for his head! Classic, twisted horror stories with some great art in this one.

A solid, bright, tight, flat, complete copy. Has a small piece 1" x 1" piece missing from bottom of corner. Numerous small spine wrinkles. Back cover is a little wavy on left side. There is also a 1/2" x 1" piece off top left corner. No othe major tears or creases. Solid and clean. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Interior pages are white to off white, supple and clean with nothing missing.

$70.00

thismaghaunted1_zpskg9eiaiw.jpg

thismaghaunted2_zpswyldguh7.jpg

OK, last toy for the thread. I promise. Sorry, I just love this stuff and hopefully some of you will too.

The Game of Alley Oop. 1937 small game in a can. Beautiful full color paper litho of Alley and all his prehistoric friends. Great colors and graphics on this! Game is a version of tiddly winks with colorful wooden pieces. Game is complete. Can is in excellent shape with full color paper label in excellent shape.

WAS $40.00.  NOW $35.00 + $6.00 postage

alleyoopgame1_zpspwjqapbn.jpg

alleyoopgame2_zpswqrphf76.jpg

alleyoopgame3_zpsjoz3olil.jpg

alleyoopgame4_zpsqnr53oms.jpg

Edited by Robot Man
typo