• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED Junk Sale! Lots of Weird old Funny Books!
3 3

110 posts in this topic

Racket Squad in Action #4 Dec 1952 Charlton Publications

Cool Charlton violent crime book.

A bright, clean complete copy. Has some edge and corner creasing. Some little overall cover dents. No tears or missing pieces. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Nice white interior pages.

$25.00

racketsquad4a_zpsv8gicn0s.jpg

racketsquad4b_zpssuen5auo.jpg

Canteen Kate #3 November 1952 St. John Publications

Classic short run Matt Baker title. Basically all Baker art. Used in Parade of Pleasure on page 75. Listed as scarce in guide but I don't really think so.

A real rough, complete reader/filler. A real mess but all here. Lots of tears, splits, creases and a chunk gone from bottom of right corner. Cover is amazingly still attached as is centerfold. Interior paper is yellowed but supple. Need a reader?

WAS $45.00.  NOW $40.00

canteenkate3a_zpsuwxod57k.jpg

canteenkate3b_zpsxfipycuq.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

2 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Howdy Jim! What are you begging for?

something to keep that Popeye figure from getting lonely :luhv: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

SOLD!

Tip Top #225 July 1961 Dell Comics

Nice early Peanuts appearance including a cover cameo. Hard to find these.

Very nice, bright, tight copy. Has a slight spine bend and some minor spine crimps. No tears or creases. Just minor wear. Book and centerfold are tight to covers. Off white, fresh pages.

$45.00

tiptop1_zpsvxkssqqp.jpg

tiptop2_zpsnbc2n3te.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Teena #12 A1 Comics 1948

Unusual and fun teenage title.

A nice, clean, complete copy. Small spine tear as well as a couple tiny edge tears. No creases or missing pieces. Light general wear. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. White interior pages.

$25.00

teena12a_zps6qqnhw49.jpg

teena12b_zpsfafdoeht.jpg

OK, back in the saddle for a while. First up is a cool one!

Spirit #4 1953 Friction House Pubs.

An incredible short run series. This is #4, in my opinion the best cover in the run. Great horror cover with a pretty lady all tied up. Has 4 great Spirit stories by Eisner with just beautiful art. Recently got a nice one so this one is up for grabs.

A bright, very glossy complete copy. Top and bottom of spine are neatly split to the corresponding staple. There is a small piece out at top of spine. Back cover is bound off slightly and has a small piece out of corner. Cover is just hanging on to staples but centerfold is secure. A couple tiny edge tears. No creases or wrinkles. Interior paper is yellowed but supple with no tears or creases. Nothing missing.

WAS $125.00.  NOW $100.00

spirit4a_zpskl8dmndz.jpg

spirit4b_zps2efpigpw.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Film Funnies #2 February 1950 Timely/Marvel

Oddball Marvel funny book with Wonder Duck with cool old Marvel logo on cover.

Clean, bright and complete. Has some minor spine wear. Top staple torn loose. Book and centerfold still bound well to cover. Some light bends, wrinkling and creases. Small tear at bottom of spine. Interior pages are yellowing but supple. Cool funny book!

WAS $20.00.  NOW $15.00

filmfunnies2a_zpsxckuxxai.jpg

filmfunnies2b_zpsdnlzbtyh.jpg

Edited by Robot Man
edit

Jeanie Comics #23 Jan 1949 Marvel Pubs.

Nice cover! Great girl art with her friends, Cindy and Willie. Cool, later issue.

Bright, complete copy with nice paper. Has a large tear 3" in from edge through sweating guy. Cover at staples are still fairly well attached but are pulling from the staples. Numerous tiny edge tears and wrinkling. A few small, light stains. General several readings wear. Interior paper is yellowed and off white but fresh and no interior damage.

WAS $30.00.  NOW $25.00

jeanie23a_zpsjnkgemps.jpg

jeanie23b_zpswirrpkyo.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Gunsmoke #6 March 1950 Youthful Pubs.

Classic Graham Ingels good girl art cover. Masked Marvel, skull head horror story. Interior is full of girl art, violence and mehem. A great short run title!

Extremely bright, colorful cover, glossy, tight and complete. Book has seen some light water damage. Cover is wavy, there are some very light stains. Other wise, tight with cover and centerfold well bound to covers. No tears or major creases. Interior paper has light water staining but is yellowed, supple and complete with no tears or creases.

WAS $45.00.  NOW $40.00

gunsmoke6a_zpsjgexfi1j.jpg

gunsmoke6b_zpsfqhwa9nh.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Manhunt #4 Jan 1948 ME Publications

Love this under rated title. Mix of crime and horror with a lot of great covers. This one is no exception. Nice Daliesque surrealistic cover with death's head and bony finger. LB Cole story. Wild contents including a skinny dipping girl, hanging and good girl art.

Bright, complete copy. Has a tear at top of spine about 3" long. Cover is essentially detached from book. A few chips on edge and bottom of spine. Bound a little askew. A few creases. General wear. Centerfold is tight to book. Interior paper is yellowed but supple. Scarce issue.

$45.00

manhunt4a_zpsz4cdecyn.jpg

manhunt4b_zpssolwajim.jpg

I'll take it! :takeit:

6 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I've looked for a copy of Willie 15 for two years. This is the first one I've come across, thus the willingness to accept the missing cf. 

Thanks for putting it out there anyway.  (thumbsu

Glad you snagged this beater Rick. It is one of my favorite of these Marvel teen age books. Very hard book to come up with. I was happy to have it until I scored a much better one out of the Terry O'Neil collection. I might have some more stuff up your alley so keep tuned in.