• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED Junk Sale! Lots of Weird old Funny Books!
3 3

110 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Robot Man said:

The Texan #15 Oct 1951 St. John Pubs.

Colorful Matt Baker cover as well as the lead story. Nice cowboy and Indian "shoot 'em up" stories.

Flat, clean, bright, glossy and complete.  Has some minor edge chipping on right side of cover. Has a light bend at top about 1/2 way down through book. Does not break color. Pencil name "Rex" at top of both front and back cover. Small corner off bottom of back cover. Covers are lightly tanning inside. Spine is tight and smooth. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Interior paper yellowed with just light tanning. They are supple and very turnable. No tears or creases inside.

$25.00

texan1_zpswgkinaz1.jpg

texan2_zpshkj0jycw.jpg

:takeit:

SOLD!

Peanuts Four Color 1015 Aug-Oct 1959 Dell Pubs.

Great Charlie Brown artist cover. Early tales of the Peanuts gang.

A beautiful copy! Tight, clean, smooth spine, bright complete copy. Has a tiny upper right corner chip 1/8". A few tiny spine stress creases. Back cover is very slightly tanned. No tears, creases or missing pieces. Book and centerfold are bound tight to covers. Interior paper is yellowed but supple and clean with no tears or creases.

Very nice copy priced at vg Overstreet $45.00

peanuts2a_zpsrnydymzf.jpg

peanuts2b_zpsd7omxo63.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Planet Comics #59 March 1949 Friction House Pubs.

Awsome cover! (aren't they all?)  Hot babe in an alien invasion. Great art and good girl stuff throughout. This one has a Matt Baker feature. Only one of a few of his works in Planet.

A real nice copy! Tight, clean, smooth spine, bright complete copy. Has a very slight, flat spine roll with a few tiny stress marks. VERY light "subscription bend" in center that does not break color. A couple small writing marks. Has a very tiny bit of bottom paper missing from back cover. No tears, major creases or missing pieces. Book and centerfold are bound tight to covers. Interior paper is yellowed but supple and clean with no tears or creases.

I can't believe I have to lower the price on this killer Planet but...  WAS $175.00. NOW $165.00

planet59a_zpseqxdhfso.jpg

planet59b_zps2wzptohb.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Archie's Girls Betty & Veronica #41 March 1959 Archie Pubs.

Classic cover alert! This is a great one that everybody seems to want. Nice gag and art!

A clean, bright complete copy. Spine is a little rough at top. Has a couple light creases. Neat, 1" upper spine split. Small name and address sticker at top of first page. No tears or missing pieces. Book and centerfold are bound tight to covers. Interior paper is yellowed but supple and clean with no tears or creases.

$50.00 No lower here, I'll keep it!

bettyveronica41a_zpsuarlzf2u.jpg

bettyveronica41b_zpsh72nbkpk.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Down with Crime #7 Nov 1952 Fawcett Pubs.

Here's another truly classic cover for you. A hot dame in her nitey reaching for a rod as a creepy DC Sandman rip-off character bursts through the window! Beautiful moody colors. Best cover in the run and one of the best crime covers out there!

A very nice hole filler. Clean, bright and looks very nice in a mylar. Sadly, the centerfold is missing. Spine shows wear. It is neatly split to bottom staple. Barely attached to book. A few tiny chips and small light creases. Interior paper is yellowed but supple with no tears or creases. A hard issue to find!

OK, the cf is out, big deal. Look at this classic cover!  WAS $75.00.  NOW $65.00

downwithcrime7a.jpg_zpsvapwenym.jpg

downwithcrime7b_zpseuzqkqiu.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

JoJo #7 Sept 1947 Fox Publishers

Early issue. Nice good girl art cover. Bondage and hot good girl art. Looks like some Jack Kamen inside.

Clean, bright, complete. Book is neatly detached from covers. Spine split about 1/2 of book with a couple of tears. A few minor creases. Has a piece 1/2" x 3" off top back cover. No other major tears and cover has no other pieces missing. Centerfold is bound well to book. Interior paper is slightly yellowed but supple. Looks great in a mylar.

$60.00

jojo1_zpscb1gmxv2.jpg

jojo2_zpsigpc0o7h.jpg

Here is the last premium I am offering today.

Bobby Benson Rangers Club Metal Badge and Pinback Button.

These are 1930's cereal premiums from the radio show. Hard to find the pair. Badge is foiled tin and nice with original pin on back. Pinback is a cello version and excellent condition. Nice premium items. These "book" for about $150. in the latest Ted Hake toy and premium guide.

My price was $40.00.  Now $35.00 + $2.00 postage

bobbybenson_zpsxeh6lgfd.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Peanuts #4 Feb 1964 Gold Key Pubs.

Annother nice early Peanuts book. Cool photo cover and the usual gang inside.

Another beautiful copy! Tight, clean, smooth spine, bright complete copy. A few tiny spine stress creases. A few minor bends. Back cover has a couple very tiny chips out of bottom corner and side. No tears, creases or missing pieces. Book and centerfold are bound tight to covers. Interior paper is yellowed but supple and clean with no tears or creases.

$30.00

peanuts1a_zpsfy7gqkpk.jpg

peanuts1b_zpsl6mc8trq.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Archie's Pal Jughead #25 Aug 1954 Archie Pubs.

Wow, what a cover! Betty sure knows how to come on to guys. But, poor old misguided Jughead just doesn't seem to get it!

This copy is complete but a hot mess. Tears, splits, creases, back cover barely attached with a large chunk out of the bottom. Front cover is actually still pretty well attached. Interior paper is yellow but real supple. Too bad, it's a great book.

$10.00

jughead25a_zps8mfncbfn.jpg

jughead25b_zpsl9vtj3fc.jpg

SOLD!

Authentic Police Cases #8 Aug 1950 St. John Pubs.

Annother outstanding classic cover. I think the best of the run and one of my top 10 Baker covers. Hot braless girl is promently featured running from tear gas. Deep, rich reds, blues and greens on this issue. Hot girls and violence inside. Under appreciated issue.

A very bright, clean complete copy. Staples are popped and cover is very neatly detached from book. Numerous small spine creases. No tears or missing pieces. No major creases or folds. Centerfold is bound well to book. Interior paper is white ot off white and fresh.

$100.00

authpolicecases8a_zpspsgfu7h3.jpg

authpolicecases8ab_zpswaxt1fbq.jpg

Edited by Robot Man
sold

All Picture Comedy Carnival One shot 100 page Giant 1952 St. John Pubs.

Don't let this wimpy cover fool you. This fat squarebound issues features the complete third issue of Canteen Kate by Matt Baker.

A sturdy, complete copy. Has a dark purple stain at top of cover that goes through to the back cover. Has near complete square paper spine but has a few tears. Long, thin crease runs from top to bottom on front cover. 1-1/2" lower spine split. And "Mary" wrote her name all small and neat on cover. Covers still attached to book. No pieces missing. Interior paper is white to off white despite the stain at top of book. Harder to find with the Canteen Kate #3 inside.

WAS $45.00.  NOW $40.00

comedy1_zpsj1ce0ztu.jpg

comedy2_zps5rqmxepw.jpg

comedy3_zpsagldtc1w.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Wilbur #8 Spring 1946 MLJ Publications

Still annother outstanding cover on this early issue. Sexual ennuendo cover to the max. Best cover I've seen in this run and I've seen a lot of them. Also has a nice Katy Keene in lingerie story. A very under appreciated issue that is taking off due to the cover.

A real nice copy. Tight, clean with nice color and paper. Complete copy. Has minor spine wear. Tint 1/4" lower spine split. No creases, tears or missing pieces. Book and centerfold still bound secure to covers. Interior paper is yellowed but clean with no tears or creases. Buy it while you still can for a good price.

$100.00

wilbur8a_zpsooqomstx.jpg

wilbur8b_zpsunjiftvc.jpg

OK, it's slow in here today... How about a FREEBEE to the next person who buys something and claims it?

Battle Action #11 April 1953 Atlas Publication

Great snow fall cover by Syd Shores. Cool Sid Check story as well.

This is a recent "burn" from eBay. A seller proclaimed he knew how to grade and had been doing so for over 40 years who ranted about CGC being a rip off and waste sold this to me. When I got it, it looked fine until I saw a panel ripped out of one story. I wanted to have some fun with him but decided to take the high road... He told me to keep it and refunded my money saying he only opens books for grading if they are worth $100. or more! He listed it as vg and other than the obvious, I would have agreed with him. I got it free and so can you.

battleaction11a_zpsp9ycqb56.jpg

battleaction11b_zpsbnancftr.jpg

Famous Crimes 12 Sept 1949 Fox Publishers.

Violent, sleezy crime book with a dope story!

Clean, bright, glossy and complete. Main problem is the small 1/2" x 1" piece missing from upper right corner. Small, neat tear in bottom right corner. Very light spine wear. No creases, other major tears and cover has no other pieces missing. Cover and centerfold are bound well to book. Interior paper is white to off white and fresh with no interior problems.

$25.00

famouscrimes1_zpspsknxofh.jpg

famouscrimes2_zpsno9hixxw.jpg

Last of the giveaways...

The Mighty Atom Starring Reddy Killowatt 1964 Power and Electric Giveaway.

Had one in a past thread and just found this one in a box. I had a few long ago but thought they were all sold. This is the last one I have. Awsome book with the classic electric man. Even has the Reddy Killowatt sheet music to his song inside back cover. It is 7" x 10". Full color glossy covers with full color newsprint inside. 32 pages + covers.

A beautiful, un-read file copy. Was found in a stack with about 4 or 5 others. Just the most minute storage wear. You won't be disapointed with this one.

$45.00

reddykillowatt1_zpsmoogwst4.jpg

reddykillowatt2_zpsl27wyny9.jpg

Ginger #4 1952 MLJ Publishers

This is the poor man's Archie #50 folks. Such an awsome cover. Gingers are getting real hot and this one is at the top of the list. I got "lucky" and had to pay Terry O'Neil a kings ransome for a better copy a couple of months ago. I had two guys ask me if I was getting it. I bought this one a while back before I really knew how cool it was. I had PM's to buy it before I even paid for it. Ok, I know, get off your horse Robot Man...

A real nice looking, bright, clean complete copy. Staples are rusty and migrate a bit into the detached centerfold. Has a very neat 1" upper spine split. Cover is barely holding on. A tiny 1/4" back cover edge tear. A few very minor small cover creases. No other tears or missing pieces. Interior paper is white and fresh with no damage or wear. If it doesn't sell, I don't mind having a nice reader...

$125.00

ginger4a_zpshgj9wwmh.jpg

ginger4b_zpssighwf7n.jpg

Bet you never thought you'd see Robot Man with a slabbed Edgar Church / Mile High copy for sale?

Bob Colt #2 Jan 1951 Fawcett Publications.

CGC 6.0 nice clean un-cracked holder. Wow that was easy to grade!

$100.00 + $13.00 postage packed well.

If you have ever wanted to own one of Edgar's fabled books from that awsome basement, now is your chance to join the club. As cheap as you are likely to ever buy an authentic Church copy. Again, I don't mind keeping it. You can never have too many of Edgar's books...

bobcoltmilehigh1_zps5rvceyur.jpg

bobcoltmilehigh2_zpsunjiapxn.jpg

OK, gang, that's it for this thread. I have no more cards up my sleeve today. Thanks to all who have bought, might buy or just plain lurked here. Now that hey are all up, you are free to PM if you want. No guarantees, but I'll consider reasonable offers. I'll leave this up tomorrow. I might and I might not lower some prices then. I'll send out invoices on Tuesday night.

I'm gonna go take a nap, I've been up since 3:00 am junking...

Robot Man over and out!