• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I know what's missing: All the thread crapping and friendly banter and sales bumps
3 3

224 posts in this topic

Things do seem to be very disjointed right now.  You have the people who went over to CBCS during the new slab issue period and some have not come back no matter how bad their message boards are.  I'm assuming some of the old timers have moved on to other ways to spend their time and money.  Then you factor in Facebook getting more popular it all seems to be spread very thin.  Of course I think with all the money being made in comics over the last 5 - 7 years a bunch of people are just busy setting up at Cons or maintaining e-bay stores.

Edited by 1Cool

Between the decline of the boards, and the AV Club's imminent switch to Kinja, these are said days for message boarders!

12 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Between the decline of the boards, and the AV Club's imminent switch to Kinja, these are said days for message boarders!

Indeed. They're sad days too. :frown:

18 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Does Greggy get a pop up when you post something so he can quickly go give a like?

Actually, he does. It's one of the additional benefits that are bestowed on all our 'Forumites of the Year'. Marwood thinks it sets a bad example - with great responsibility and all that. He complained to Archibald but found that he didn't give a rats backside, preferring to wash his hands of the whole grubby affair rather than uphold any principles of fairness.

I myself of course try to rise above it all :grin:

7 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

Indeed. They're sad days too. :frown:

Oops, sad day for my spelling as well, apparently. That's what I get for day drinking!

Just now, F For Fake said:

Oops, sad day for my spelling as well, apparently. That's what I get for day drinking!

I'm only kiddin with ya.

Now, help me out here as my eyes are terrible. What is that on your cat avatars head? I've always wondered. 

1 minute ago, jsilverjanet said:

If I had a $1 for every like and follow up by Marwood etc

You'd have $3. $4 with this post.

Come on, spill the beans. What is the point you and greggy are trying to make with all this bulk liking nonsense? 

28 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

I'm only kiddin with ya.

Now, help me out here as my eyes are terrible. What is that on your cat avatars head? I've always wondered. 

I believe it is a marker or a highlighter of some sort. It's not a terrifically composed photograph, but his dumb mug always makes me laugh. 

7 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

To see how much it would bug you

I told you I'd like any good posts :smile:

What does greggy do when he's liked all 22,990 posts? Take a holiday? Or will he have RSI by then?

1 minute ago, F For Fake said:

I believe it is a marker or a highlighter of some sort. It's not a terrifically composed photograph, but his dumb mug always makes me laugh. 

:headbang:

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 0:30 PM, The Resurrection said:
On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 0:26 PM, oakman29 said:

Yes the old boards were awesome,but the new boards are pretty cool too!

Pressing is most definately restoration, although minor resto.

I agree Canada is not a real country.:insane:

No its not, No its not, and No, it really isn't :devil:

What about the Great War for Canadian Independence that was fought?? Canuk blood spilled so that they could slough off the crown of oppression??

WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT?

:insane:

2 hours ago, mrwoogieman said:
On 8/7/2017 at 9:30 AM, The Resurrection said:
On 8/7/2017 at 9:26 AM, oakman29 said:

Yes the old boards were awesome,but the new boards are pretty cool too!

Pressing is most definately restoration, although minor resto.

I agree Canada is not a real country.:insane:

No its not, No its not, and No, it really isn't :devil:

What about the Great War for Canadian Independence that was fought?? Canuk blood spilled so that they could slough off the crown of oppression??

WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT?

:insane:

They gave up their freedom for doughnuts, beer and back bacon...., :sorry: