• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone have dealings with Popscomicbooks on ebay?

20 posts in this topic

I bought a raw Star Wars #1 that they advertised as 9.4.  The pictures were good and detailed.  I sent it to CGC and it came back as a 9.6.  I paid less than the GPA 9.4 average at the time. That has been a few years so my only transaction I can't complain about.

Thank you for the replies, everyone. 

I have been negotiating for a slabbed book, but they want paypal personal for a down payment.  Since I haven't purchased a book from them before, I'm a bit weary. 

24 minutes ago, scooter99 said:

I have been negotiating for a slabbed book, but they want paypal personal for a down payment.  Since I haven't purchased a book from them before, I'm a bit weary. 

Even though my experience was good, it was a very routine Ebay transaction. I would never do PayPal personal there, here, or with any other dealer. I personally think it violates PP usage and you are also circumventing Ebay in this instance. Regardless though, even if i did trust the seller, you lose protection of PP and your CC as well I believe. Also, unless you have other hands touching the merchandise in shipment and if it does get lost in shipment, screwed you are. 

If you do PP personal you cannot file a claim with PP.  The money is gone.

1 hour ago, scooter99 said:

You should be wary as well.

On 3/8/2017 at 4:48 PM, scooter99 said:

Your money is up in smoke if you want to return the book.  I would confront them about it and ask why they can't invoice you and offer to pay the 3% transaction fee.  Outside of the fees the only reason to request F&F is because they can't be held accountable. 

7 hours ago, scooter99 said:

If they'd have just taken regular paypal, they'd have their money yesterday.  It's amazing that people will kill a deal for 3%.  Heck, I would have even covered the 3%. 

Just buy the book on eBay at their asking price. The fact that you want to negotiate led you to seeking a lower price and they then suggest ppp as a means to accommodate you doesn't mean they don't accept pp. majority of their books are consignor books, so I was told when I spoke to them. Ebay makes it safe and easy for buyers to shop. If you are unhappy just open a case and return it regardless of what their return policy states. 

I've never had so much trouble trying to buy a book after a price had been agreed to.  There is no deal now that the book was increased in price.  Any dealer I've ever dealt with would bust their tail to make a deal happen.  I know I would.  It's all good and Tina was very polite.  Too many conditions for me. 

Thanks for all of the input, folks. 

Avoid these guys!

They sent me a nice book but taped the top edge of the open mylar.  In transit, the comic got stuck to the tape. I told them about this & they told me to open a dispute with the post office. It was not the post office's fault that they taped the comic.  Then they halted all communication & banned me from buying from them!

Learn from my experience!

On 2/1/2022 at 11:06 AM, Timely said:

Avoid these guys!

They sent me a nice book but taped the top edge of the open mylar.  In transit, the comic got stuck to the tape. I told them about this & they told me to open a dispute with the post office. It was not the post office's fault that they taped the comic.  Then they halted all communication & banned me from buying from them!

Learn from my experience!

Ive been blocked by MANY sellers.  They did you a favor by blocking you. Plenty of honest sellers out there.