• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

That's what I was walking about ALL along.

What did you think I was talking about?

R.

I thought you were talking about a submittal form where you would have to individually enter data for every book you want to list (and all the details, most notably price), and fulfill all the "requirements". Didn't you compare it to CGC's submittal form? What I got from Jim's post was that it would be a one page click-through where you simply acknowledge having read the guidelines before being allowed to proceed. (shrug)

I initially thought the submittal form idea was a good thing and thought it should be mandatory...then evolved to the "I accept use agreements form) because some thought it was too much work.

In either case it needs to be a step to posting that one cannot get around and we all are in agreement with that.

That's what I was walking about ALL along.

What did you think I was talking about?

R.

I thought you were talking about a submittal form where you would have to individually enter data for every book you want to list (and all the details, most notably price), and fulfill all the "requirements". Didn't you compare it to CGC's submittal form? What I got from Jim's post was that it would be a one page click-through where you simply acknowledge having read the guidelines before being allowed to proceed. (shrug)

That's what I thought too.

Sharon, you balanced Libra, you.

I amone of those people that pushes the bounderies and rules. I always have. I don't mean to annoy people by it.

1) I've posted a sales announcement with the intention to convert it into a for sale thread and it got deleted.

2) I've had multiple sales threads (and do now actually)

3) I've put a book up on the forums for a few days and then listed them somewhere else

Guilty.

For the most part though my intentions for #1 and #2 where in the forum's best intentions. My "announcement" problem is not a problem any longer now that we have a pinned thread for that.

My multiple sales threads are also to divide postings to make it easier for members to find books and not wade through lots of stuff theydon't want to see.

as for #3? Well it was just desparation for money at the time.

Anyhow, I think we are on to a great idea here...

:foryou:

R.

Sharon, you balanced Libra, you.

I amone of those people that pushes the bounderies and rules. I always have. I don't mean to annoy people by it.

2) I've had multiple sales threads (and do now actually)

Guilty.

Mods notified. :whistle:

...azzkissing, inbred, dealer-loving, kow-towing, knucklehead...

doh!

Hey, I think that accurately describes what went on in the Dale Roberts thread. If a newbie tried the same thing, he'd be run out of town on a rail, and his thread deleted in a NY minute, but because it's a dealer that some on here are friends with... meh

This is a complete misrepresentation of the situation. I basically am a newbie, at least as far as for sale threads. I have run 3 or 4 ever, and never had any problem until this time. Has nothing to do with being a dealer. I simply was unaware of the strictness of guidelines. I was selling duplicate CGC graded books, exactly the same grade and page quality of the books for sale in my store. And offering a discount to forumites. If a book sold, I was going to sell the book which was scanned, remove the scan from my item in my ebay store, and scan the duplicate, replacing the book in my store. Figured it was a short cut, and I did NOT realize it was any violation of rules, regardless of what JC says.

Has anyone clicked on any sales threads? They all have forum selling notices in BOLD letters under the first post.

(worship)

Hi! Note that the members of this board are encouraged to point out posts that violate the posting guidelines, and to notify the moderators. Of course, all thread-starters have read those guidelines... or else they wouldn't have posted a thread... right?

If this post IS in violation of the guidelines it will be removed. If a thread author does it repeatedly, they will receive strikes and be suspended from the boards.

Thread starters: Do not complain about having your guideline violations pointed out. If you disagree and have reasons, then take it to the discussion thread and hash it out there.

I thought this was part of someone's post at first!

(not reprinted in original size, I couldn't quote it!)

Hi! Note that the members of this board are encouraged to point out posts that violate the posting guidelines, and to notify the moderators. Of course, all thread-starters have read those guidelines... or else they wouldn't have posted a thread... right?

If this post IS in violation of the guidelines it will be removed. If a thread author does it repeatedly, they will receive strikes and be suspended from the boards.

Thread starters: Do not complain about having your guideline violations pointed out. If you disagree and have reasons, then take it to the discussion thread and hash it out there.

Beat ya.

Has anyone clicked on any sales threads? They all have forum selling notices in BOLD letters under the first post.

(worship)

:screwy: Kind of sad when adults need to be led by the hand in order to follow simple guidelines

That's what jails and Texas are for.

lol

I could live without it. Seems like it's shouting at me.

Me....a guy that wouldn't hurt a fly. :sorry:

(worship)

:screwy: Kind of sad when adults need to be led by the hand in order to follow simple guidelines

No different than real life. :P

...azzkissing, inbred, dealer-loving, kow-towing, knucklehead...

doh!

Hey, I think that accurately describes what went on in the Dale Roberts thread.

Actually, the thread was closed by the seller in a more or less mature fashion when the rules were pointed out, and the thread was dead. Then, you lumbered in... :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah: ...and it went downhill. Sorry if that doesn't agree with your version of what happened, but that's exactly how that thread evolved. (thumbs u

Thanks Doc. I appreciate the support. I hope you know that JC will probably now label you in some way, but I can't imagine it bothers you anymore than it does me.

I was clearly in the wrong, even tho that was not my intent. I was trying to use a short cut to get some items listed, and pass some deals along to forum members. It obviously came back to bite me in the butt. But honestly, you really don't sell enough on the forums to waste a day scanning 100 books. Which is probably why you don't have guys like me listing stuff on here. It is really more trouble than it is worth, especially when you have to deal with people like Joe.

(worship)

No different than real life. :P

(worship) (worship)