• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I don't want to mention specific names and start an argument, but if someone is nice enough to mention that you should NOT be selling books that are listed on Ebay, or you should NOT be listing PGX books, (even though you hide the label and just say "hehe") or you should NOT be listing stuff with just an ask for price...there are invariably people who jump the person making the statement...and say..."well, that rule spoons, or that rule is dumb, or that rule should be changed, or HEY, this guy is giving us WONDERFUL deals, so hush...

:applause::applause::applause:

And jerks always play this "Oh, boo hoo hoo, these bad people telling me about the multiple rules I broke are the reason there aren't more great books on here! Boo hoo hoo!" angle.

Just FOLLOW THE :censored: RULES :makepoint: and STOP WHINING LIKE A BUNCH OF OLD LADIES. :makepoint:

Looks like Arch has taken action!

good grief that "Forum only selling notice" is

IN YUR FACE!

but I guess that is what is needed for the Ignoramuses

that have been trying to sell here lately...

:P

I put a poll about it in the poll forum. (shrug)

[Which is probably why you don't have guys like me listing stuff on here. It is really more trouble than it is worth, especially when you have to deal with people like Joe.

I find it quite hilarious that Jocko here keeps dragging me out as the big bad guy, when SEVERAL PEOPLE helped point out his OBVIOUS RULE-BREAKING, and by the time I came along, they had ALREADY CHASED HIS SORRY HASS off the forums.

But instead of highlighting the FACT that he was LAMBASTED by a GROUP of forum members for his transgressions, it's far safer to keep TROLLING and NAMING me alone.

I guess that makes it seem safer, portraying me as the lone gunman, rather than the reality of a group effort long before I even saw the thread.

I was clearly in the wrong, even tho that was not my intent.

And you really changed your tune since Arch totally deleted your thread. Where are the complaints about the "stupid rules" and how you "didn't do anything wrong"? lollol

Looks like it happens at the top of every page in the sales thread. It is a bit strong but I'm sure Arch will tweak it...it's a start. It should get EVERY seller's attention which is a good thing.

R.

Thanks Doc. I appreciate the support. I hope you know that JC will probably now label you in some way...

Yeah, probably... doh!

For Sale: This is Annoying SOTI CGC 6.5 $100

Arch, any way you can post this at the bottom of the screen or something. Truly bothersome, almost like Quality Comix flashing banner at the top.

Hi! Note that the members of this board are encouraged to point out posts that violate the posting guidelines, and to notify the moderators. Of course, all thread-starters have read those guidelines... or else they wouldn't have posted a thread... right?

If this post IS in violation of the guidelines it will be removed. If a thread author does it repeatedly, they will receive strikes and be suspended from the boards.

Thread starters: Do not complain about having your guideline violations pointed out. If you disagree and have reasons, then take it to the discussion thread and hash it out there.

Ed, If you look at the Selling Forum discussion thread we've been talking about a new way to notify sellers of guidline violations. I guess this is the first step...I'm sure Arch will tweak it but I didn't realize itwas showing up in everyforum.

R.

The best police are the self police. Arch needs to give some trustworthy folks access to either freeze threads (and allow them to simply fall off) or delete threads. He can't monitor everything so why not give a few people hall monitor badges and so they will respect his AU-THOR-I-TAY.

Well, that was aprt of the discussion. We should come to a consesus, maybe take a poll for choosing board members etc and then go to arch with it when it's all said and done.

R.

Well, that was aprt of the discussion. We should come to a consesus, maybe take a poll for choosing board members etc and then go to arch with it when it's all said and done.

R.

You posting more books today?

R.

Thats all well and good but some of these changes are so retarded that its clear they aren't fleshed out by anybody but Arch and his belly button lint. Remember the Cluster Foxtrot changes to the overall format of the boards??? He needs to get out more. THIS IS THE INTERNET PEOPLE. The days of top down management in an online setting have been over since Windows 95.

1. Try a beta site

2. Ask people to visit and offer opinions.

3. Implement best usage.

4. Adjust as necessary.