• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

And then I will stop talking about comics and talk about your constructive post. Until then there is nothing worth talking about with you.

Wait a minute. We talk about comics here? When did that happen?

Also offer a 100% money back guarantee in your selling thread. I've done that for every sale I've ever conducted on the boards and have never had a book sent back. If someone is getting a bunch of returns they'll tighten up their grading or stop selling, either way the problem is solved.

I agree completely.

Arex

I should have added that IMO, no one should do business with anyone that doesn't offer a money back guarantee, I don't care who they are.

The only reason I would hesitate to give back a money back guarantee is if someone has buyer's remorse, and we are all big people here. You have to own up to your decisons. I have committed to some big books and wished I hadn't afterward. I still own up to it as agreed cause it was my bad.

If the book is without question as described and graded (ie it comes back from CGC as or better than graded), has no hidden defects or a PQ problem then the buyer shouldn't have the right to return the book. Having said that, it is very difficult to differentiate between a difference in grading and a wonky buyer so it would be on a case by case basis as someone that is not rumored to be a Twinky on these boards will get more favor than someone who is.

:sumo:

R.

Some really solid points also. If the buyer decides they just dont want the book, not that there were defects, then what ?

Then give them their money back and sell the book to someone else.

Also offer a 100% money back guarantee in your selling thread. I've done that for every sale I've ever conducted on the boards and have never had a book sent back. If someone is getting a bunch of returns they'll tighten up their grading or stop selling, either way the problem is solved.

I agree completely.

Arex

I should have added that IMO, no one should do business with anyone that doesn't offer a money back guarantee, I don't care who they are.

The only reason I would hesitate to give back a money back guarantee is if someone has buyer's remorse, and we are all big people here. You have to own up to your decisons. I have committed to some big books and wished I hadn't afterward. I still own up to it as agreed cause it was my bad.

If the book is without question as described and graded (ie it comes back from CGC as or better than graded), has no hidden defects or a PQ problem then the buyer shouldn't have the right to return the book. Having said that, it is very difficult to differentiate between a difference in grading and a wonky buyer so it would be on a case by case basis as someone that is not rumored to be a Twinky on these boards will get more favor than someone who is.

:sumo:

R.

Some really solid points also. If the buyer decides they just dont want the book, not that there were defects, then what ?

Then give them their money back and sell the book to someone else.

Thats kinda what I figured. I also think what SKYPINKBLUE had to say was good points. I dont know why I typed the whole thing in caps..

If someone has a ridiculous Ask Price for a book...oh, let's see, for example $1949 for a restored AF 15 CGC 1.0...is it cool to take them to task here on the boards? :o Or should that be conducted only at the PM level? (shrug)

Depends.

Did they PM you the offer, then keep it there.

Did they post it in a public for sale thread, then there is the discussion thread. :whistle:

This thread belongs in general but it'll get moved so I'll answer it.

If it was $19,000 maybe a strong but polite :screwy: would be acceptable as he may have had a typo, or is trying to use a loop hole in the guidlines to field offers.

But $1900?

Seller is free to ask what he/she wants and it is a super hot book. That's the way I see it.

R

I would make an offer. As for my self I tend to price on the High side at first. Gives me room to work and cover my costs for the books. (I buy at collector prices not dealer). As an ocassional seller it is easier to lower the price and work out a deal than go up. Sadly no one seems to like to deal on the boards it seems they mainly want the best deal up front.

What about calling someone out of the closet?

Could you do it on suspicion? Or would you need proof?

hm