• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Try this one here.

Saw that from the other day.

I don't see anything wrong with quoting GPA.

My area of buying (Mid-Grade and lower end High-Grade SA) is helped out by GPA since those books normally go for a fraction of guide slabbed.

However for sellers that want to use GPA please remember the book is raw and there would be a grading fee involved to get it slabbed.

:whistle:

Try this one here.

Saw that from the other day.

I don't see anything wrong with quoting GPA.

My area of buying (Mid-Grade and lower end High-Grade SA) is helped out by GPA since those books normally go for a fraction of guide slabbed.

However for sellers that want to use GPA please remember the book is raw and there would be a grading fee involved to get it slabbed.

:whistle:

Aces and his lowballs...

Raw and GPA are apples and oranges. By selling a book using GPA pricing you are pretty much giving a guarantee that the books selling WILL DEFINATELY grade out to what it was quoted at, and that no RESTORATION is done to the book. Basically making you a walking liability.

Huh? (shrug)

Shouldn't that be precisely what you're doing? Guaranteeing the grade and that the book is not restored?

Or have I logged onto eBay by mistake? meh

Nothing in life is guaranteed.

And if it were E-bay you wouldnt be seeing me.

These last few pages are among the most inane I've read in the discussion thread. doh! What an incredible amount of fussing over nothing. Though maybe I shouldn't say that before heading over to General.

I hope I am posting this in the right Thread.

This CGC Forum Sales Thread has turned out to be my favorite thread.

Even though I miss out on a lot of good deals, the trust and diligence of the participants should be copied and presented to every Board of Directors Rooms worldwide; they could learn a lot by how the CGCers conduct themselves when it gets doen to the nitty-gritty of business.

Sure there is some comic relief by some of the posters, but the ones who trade on that great Thread are making the comics hobby a much safer, greater place.

Every now and then it is alright to feel good about something and thankful for the items that we have.

Hope some of you are enjoying the experience of the CGC Forum in a similar manner.

Gotta run for now,

CAL greatful for what he has... :acclaim:

Even though I miss out on a lot of good deals, the trust and diligence of the participants should be copied and presented to every Board of Directors Rooms worldwide; they could learn a lot by how the CGCers conduct themselves when it gets doen to the nitty-gritty of business.

Sure there is some comic relief by some of the posters, but the ones who trade on that great Thread are making the comics hobby a much safer, greater place.

Every now and then it is alright to feel good about something and thankful for the items that we have.

Hope some of you are enjoying the experience of the CGC Forum in a similar manner.

Gotta run for now,

I sure am, and me too! What a wonderful group of guys and gals that understand the collector mentality:thumbsup:

I try to cut the collectors slack in their pursuit of putting together a collection, and I've met many, many folks here that are more concerned with the welfare of their fellow collectors, rather than the bottom line flipping value of what they are selling - this is a greeeeaaaaat place!!! (imagine Tony the Tiger there...., ) :headbang:

Gotta run for now,

I sure am, and me too! What a wonderful group of guys and gals that understand the collector mentality:thumbsup:

I try to cut the collectors slack in their pursuit of putting together a collection, and I've met many, many folks here that are more concerned with the welfare of their fellow collectors, rather than the bottom line flipping value of what they are selling - this is a greeeeaaaaat place!!! (imagine Tony the Tiger there...., ) :headbang:

Frosted Flakes. :cloud9:

There has been a lot of very nice books going up over the past week that I need for my collections. Seems to come in waves. Only this week wave has bad timing. BUT it will be worth the wait once I get back from vacation thanks to Nick. Plus I'm in the beginnings of a future deal I hope come to fruition else. I just need to stay focused.

\

Great books but PLEASE don't blot out or not post the PM'ed final prices.

There is nothing worse than being away from the PC and coming late to a great auction and there are not even final sale prices :frustrated:

VCC sales and this type of data should be available for future reference. 2c

I'll be looking to buy from you based on your previous sales data but not if it doesn't exist.

I think Subliminal brings up an EXCELLENT point here. Many times I'll be looking at books here, and eventually, they'll end up selling but the final price is deleted. Sometimes this is just good info to know in the event I'm looking to move into the market for a book in similar grade.

What do the rest of you think--is this info that should be made more public than it often is, or do you think there is a certain level of discretion that sellers should use in disclosing this info?

\

Great books but PLEASE don't blot out or not post the PM'ed final prices.

There is nothing worse than being away from the PC and coming late to a great auction and there are not even final sale prices :frustrated:

VCC sales and this type of data should be available for future reference. 2c

I'll be looking to buy from you based on your previous sales data but not if it doesn't exist.

I think Subliminal brings up an EXCELLENT point here. Many times I'll be looking at books here, and eventually, they'll end up selling but the final price is deleted. Sometimes this is just good info to know in the event I'm looking to move into the market for a book in similar grade.

What do the rest of you think--is this info that should be made more public than it often is, or do you think there is a certain level of discretion that sellers should use in disclosing this info?

When a book is sold through PM it's nobodys business. If asked about the selling price, I consult the buyer before sharing that information. When someone posts :takeit: I think the price should remain in the thread for all to see. Removing the price when :takeit: was used is not fair to others who might not know what the BIN was.

Just my 2c

Edited by mjacobs8

When a book is sold, it's nobody's business but the buyer's and seller's what that book sold for. (thumbs u

Yep. Not that I remove the sold price...I don't. I'm too lazy.

But if a seller chooses to, he absolutely can and is under no obligation to keep it there. .

When a book is sold, it's nobody's business but the buyer's and seller's what that book sold for. (thumbs u

I agree completely. When someone requests anonymity, I honor their request.

I can understand keeping the buyers identity confidential,not the price.

I don't see why it's a big deal. I'm ok with it either way.

R.