• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I suppose if you made it a rule to disclose all prices paid that might curtail some of the lowball'ing that goes on these days.

Is there some problem with lowballing? All the Seller has to say is "No." It's not that hard.

No more a problem than some of the "highballing" that goes on here on the seller's side . . . :whistle:

Highballs. :cloud9: I'll have a Stinger, please.

Well I am going to start selling a lot of my book books (as opposed to comic books). I have many books dealing with comics and media but my hands are still in fairly bad shape for heavy stuff like packaging. So I want to put them up to the forum folk for local pickup only. So - is this acceptable for the Forum Only Selling thread?

WILL BE SELLING MY UNCLE'S DETECTIVE #33 FOR HIM!

Pics??? :popcorn:

No, not of the book.

I want to see your uncle. hm

Well I am going to start selling a lot of my book books (as opposed to comic books). I have many books dealing with comics and media but my hands are still in fairly bad shape for heavy stuff like packaging. So I want to put them up to the forum folk for local pickup only. So - is this acceptable for the Forum Only Selling thread?

As long as it's stated in the beginning of your thread, go for it.

Only a suggestion, but I would see it there are any forum members in your area that might assist in helping you pack and ship your books.

Maybe for a free book, a couple of bucks, or some ice cold beer.

Only a suggestion, but I would see it there are any forum members in your area that might assist in helping you pack and ship your books.

Ice cold beer. :cloud9: Speaking of which, where the heck is cd4ever's sales thread? Is he pilfering around his record collection? Taking one of those long smoke breaks in the Kansas evening air? :shrug:

Ice cold beer. :cloud9: Speaking of which, where the heck is cd4ever's sales thread? Is he pilfering around his record collection? Taking one of those long smoke breaks in the Kansas evening air? :shrug:

He's passed out on his deck listening to "dancing queen" by Abba

lol

lol

Hope he manages to dance back to his sales thread (:gossip: Because you mentioned Abba, he might try to backdoor some obscure Abba lyrics).

lol

Hope he manages to dance back to his sales thread (:gossip: Because you mentioned Abba, he might try to backdoor some obscure Abba lyrics).

I know them all; my folks have all the LP's from when we lived in spain when I was a child.

:sick:

lol

Again?

That's not a bad idea but I have a slew, ton, multitude, host or more than several books and logistically it would be difficult, thorny and complex. :insane:

That's not a bad idea but I have a slew, ton, multitude, host or more than several books and logistically it would be difficult, thorny and complex. :insane:

Timmay would walk across 15 states to package books for beer.

Thanks for offering, Timmay!

:headbang:

Visit your old stomping grounds in Cambridge. Bring the books your selling and I would be more than happy to ship them out for you once you are paid ;)

Visit your old stomping grounds in Cambridge. Bring the books your selling and I would be more than happy to ship them out for you once you are paid ;)

How is the Big Dig going? Is it history? And how does Harvard Square look nowadays?