• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

So I broke down and read everything. Real classy stuff. So it goes from a discussion about excessive graemlin use to telling Grinder he is a bum, always looking for handouts, and basically a POS. This just really disgusts me.

If you dont like someone ignore them. If you dont like what someone is doing in YOUR thread PM them. If the guy who started the thread said nothing, dont assume position of the police and start a fight.

Seriously. You dont like the graemlins, dont use them. But 90% of the time it makes as much sense as posting some random words of BS.

How about we just allow posting of :takeit: and PM sent from now on. Why bother speaking in the threads. Have a question PM them. Not buying anything? Move along.

WTF! You guys have crossed some lines here.

Look at it this way. You own a brick and mortar store. You have people in your store who are browsing and buying. In comes a guy who asks you a question about having item X. You say no. He frowns and (maybe he has bought in the past) walks around the store interrupting your customers by yelling out doh! at the top of his lungs every 5 minutes. The every 2 hours yells out again you are having a sale. Maybe he waits in line with nothing to buy just to say high ocassionally. The first time it's amusing, after the 5th or 35th time it gets annoying

your over exaggerating in this case....check the time stamps on my posts before you guys started bad mouthing me. I replied to a couple of posts and made obvious friendly bumps when his thread hit the bottom of the page. BIG DEAL!

If you dont like me ignore me, if you want to bad mouth me thats fine to, but get your facts straight .

Now picture this with every store on the block.

give me a break....a lot of people post in everyones threads, but I am the only one you see I guess. Such a crock.

So I broke down and read everything. Real classy stuff. So it goes from a discussion about excessive graemlin use to telling Grinder he is a bum, always looking for handouts, and basically a POS. This just really disgusts me.

If you dont like someone ignore them. If you dont like what someone is doing in YOUR thread PM them. If the guy who started the thread said nothing, dont assume position of the police and start a fight.

Seriously. You dont like the graemlins, dont use them. But 90% of the time it makes as much sense as posting some random words of BS.

How about we just allow posting of :takeit: and PM sent from now on. Why bother speaking in the threads. Have a question PM them. Not buying anything? Move along.

Look at it this way. You own a brick and mortar store. You have people in your store who are browsing and buying. In comes a guy who asks you a question about having item X. You say no. He frowns and (maybe he has bought in the past) walks around the store interrupting your customers by yelling out doh! at the top of his lungs every 5 minutes. The every 2 hours yells out again you are having a sale. Maybe he waits in line with nothing to buy just to say high ocassionally. The first time it's amusing, after the 5th or 35th time it gets annoying

I am going to respond to this and try to remain even on it. IF you owned a brick and mortar store, you would likely ask this person to leave. I stated in my initial post that if the SELLER does not like this activity in his thread HE should PM the offending party, and have it resolved. There is NO DOUBT in my mind that the ComicGrinder would stop if asked nicely. Now with that being said we will move into a whole new discussion.

The forum sales are a good place for the members here to buy and sell books. I think it is great that a number of members do this. What I dont like is the LEACHING. Too many find this as a great flipping grounds and the equal of setting up an Ebay store. If you honestly believe this to be a way to bring in income, then I do not approve. You have opted for fish in a barrel..

While it is as I stated a gret place for collectors. The people who realistically only post here to sell books are just taking advantage. To come in here with every new tack of submissions, and quote GPA is really not cool IMO. IF you wanted to offer forum members a decent deal, or unload some extras thats one thing. But too many treat this place like their own personal site. This is a generally light-hearted site, and people are very friendly IF you want to be strictly business by all means take your books to Ebay and post in the other forum offering a link. But to come here and demand that people treat this forum like your own personal store is more BS that many of us just deal with. Do you honestly think people havent caught on to this stuff?? You basically equate to the childhood term of USER by this action. And I think that many who have taken this stance have seen the drop in activity in their threads.

This is and will hopefully remain a fun place. So stop the bytching and moaning like a bunch of brats and deal with it. I deal with people who just come here to make money, you guys can learn to deal with us poking fun at you and having some laughs.

This whole conversation should never have taken place. But people who abuse the selling forum IMO by just coming here to post books, and have no ACTUAL input in the other forums are just not my kind of folks. You guys wanna Krap where you eat, thats fine. Just realise people will start to understand your whole motivation to be here.

This post is not directed towards anyone in particular as I consider both Grinder and Arex to be good people.

You completely missed the point of the post. Completely.

Nosie can hurt as much as help. CGC allows people to post books for sale. Mama has decided thats good for us. If someone wants to bump a thread or comment on a book I thinks that great and admirable. Just know when enough is enough. It's not just blue's thread we are talking about here. If it was JUST blue's thread this would have been a non-issue.

I am going to respond to this and try to remain even on it. IF you owned a brick and mortar store, you would likely ask this person to leave. I stated in my initial post that if the SELLER does not like this activity in his thread HE should PM the offending party, and have it resolved. There is NO DOUBT in my mind that the ComicGrinder would stop if asked nicely. Now with that being said we will move into a whole new discussion.

The forum sales are a good place for the members here to buy and sell books. I think it is great that a number of members do this. What I dont like is the LEACHING. Too many find this as a great flipping grounds and the equal of setting up an Ebay store. If you honestly believe this to be a way to bring in income, then I do not approve. You have opted for fish in a barrel..

While it is as I stated a gret place for collectors. The people who realistically only post here to sell books are just taking advantage. To come in here with every new tack of submissions, and quote GPA is really not cool IMO. IF you wanted to offer forum members a decent deal, or unload some extras thats one thing. But too many treat this place like their own personal site. This is a generally light-hearted site, and people are very friendly IF you want to be strictly business by all means take your books to Ebay and post in the other forum offering a link. But to come here and demand that people treat this forum like your own personal store is more BS that many of us just deal with. Do you honestly think people havent caught on to this stuff?? You basically equate to the childhood term of USER by this action. And I think that many who have taken this stance have seen the drop in activity in their threads.

This is and will hopefully remain a fun place. So stop the bytching and moaning like a bunch of brats and deal with it. I deal with people who just come here to make money, you guys can learn to deal with us poking fun at you and having some laughs.

This whole conversation should never have taken place. But people who abuse the selling forum IMO by just coming here to post books, and have no ACTUAL input in the other forums are just not my kind of folks. You guys wanna Krap where you eat, thats fine. Just realise people will start to understand your whole motivation to be here.

This post is not directed towards anyone in particular as I consider both Grinder and Arex to be good people.

Nosie can hurt as much as help. CGC allows people to post books for sale. Mama has decided thats good for us. If someone wants to bump a thread or comment on a book I thinks that great and admirable. Just know when enough is enough. It's not just blue's thread we are talking about here. If it was JUST blue's thread this would have been a non-issue.

and i have had quite a few PM from sellers on these boards expressing to me in the last 24 hours not to take what you guys are complaining about to heart as they dont mind me chatting or bumping their threads in the least bit. I stay out of your sales threads and always have.

people who abuse the selling forum IMO by just coming here to post books, and have no ACTUAL input in the other forums are just not my kind of folks. You guys wanna Krap where you eat, thats fine. Just realise people will start to understand your whole motivation to be here.

I agree with this but remember that some of these people that no longer post in any other forums used to a lot at one time...

I do disagree with people JUST using these forums for revenue and not offering anything else substantial.

R.

And THAT was the point of everything I said.

And just because you used to post and now just sell doesnt make things that much better. I feel better when knowing someone is genuinely trying to offer books t help complete sets, maybe need money urgently, wanna unload old books that dont fit a focus. Its is really never ending. But when anything you have posted is in the FS forum, its kind of insulting.

No I didnt. you are mising the point of it being the sellers decision if he wants the activity stopped. Not anyone elses.

people who abuse the selling forum IMO by just coming here to post books, and have no ACTUAL input in the other forums are just not my kind of folks. You guys wanna Krap where you eat, thats fine. Just realise people will start to understand your whole motivation to be here.

I agree with this but remember that some of these people that no longer post in any other forums used to a lot at one time...

I do disagree with people JUST using these forums for revenue and not offering anything else substantial.

R.

And just because you used to post and now just sell doesnt make things that much better. I feel better when knowing someone is genuinely trying to offer books t help complete sets, maybe need money urgently, wanna unload old books that dont fit a focus. Its is really never ending. But when anything you have posted is in the FS forum, its kind of insulting.

I certainly prefer to buy from a member who wants to contribute more than just books for sale. I have often bought a cheap book just because I like the guy and know he is trying to raise $$ for another book. Tit for tat. I don't think we should tell people that are just here to sell that we don't want them, not that it is our call. There are some quality guys who are here to sell and I appreciate the quality books they bring to the board. Respect the wishes of the OP/seller and things should go smooth.

No I didnt. you are mising the point of it being the sellers decision if he wants the activity stopped. Not anyone elses.

I guess being courteous no longer counts.

I guess being courteous no longer counts.

You and I are not really on opposite sides here. I get annoyed also when trying to read a thread and it is just pages of yapping and graemlins and I cant find books. But I am just trying to say if it is not my thread its not my call. That make more sense?

R.

I certainly prefer to buy from a member who wants to contribute more than just books for sale. I have often bought a cheap book just because I like the guy and know he is trying to raise $$ for another book. Tit for tat. I don't think we should tell people that are just here to sell that we don't want them, not that it is our call. There are some quality guys who are here to sell and I appreciate the quality books they bring to the board. Respect the wishes of the OP/seller and things should go smooth.

I agree and I dont. I just think some people take advantage. And can just be downright jerks about it.

and i have had quite a few PM from sellers on these boards expressing to me in the last 24 hours not to take what you guys are complaining about to heart as they dont mind me chatting or bumping their threads in the least bit. I stay out of your sales threads and always have.

Know what, life is too short to argue about stuff like this. I don't know whats going on in your life, and if this is what is keeping you sane more power to you.

Just do me a favor and shrink the image in your sig line so I can turn sigs back on.

I think it's time for "JC example time" where I bump selling threads non-stop to prove a point that should be obvious to anyone smarter than a snail.

I think it's time for "JC example time" where I bump selling threads non-stop to prove a point that should be obvious to anyone smarter than a snail.

:signfunny:

and i have had quite a few PM from sellers on these boards expressing to me in the last 24 hours not to take what you guys are complaining about to heart as they dont mind me chatting or bumping their threads in the least bit.

Of course they have. To a seller, you're the best thing to come along since sliced bread since you, and others, continually bump their threads to the top. I'd be encouraging you also...

To everyone else, except that seller, trying to find things to buy? You, and others who post the same inane nonsence in selling threads, come off looking like tools...

Jim

Let's not underestimate the snail.

Mucus Followers

The majority of the chatter I get is from the same people buying so it's all good. And non-chatterers frequently pop in to buy what they want. Perhaps some are put off by it and stay away but that's fine. Overall it seems to work out and I enjoy it. I have no desire to keep it 'professional'. Of course, I'm not selling very expensive books either.

But even your threads can go overboard at times. I've just stopped keeping up with your threads a couple times when the chaff was too much of a hassle to keep looking. When you have to go through two pages of a thread without a single comic being offered, it's just not worth it in my opinion...

Jim

Let's not underestimate the snail.

Mucus Followers

I am afraid to follow that link . . . lol

The majority of the chatter I get is from the same people buying so it's all good. And non-chatterers frequently pop in to buy what they want. Perhaps some are put off by it and stay away but that's fine. Overall it seems to work out and I enjoy it. I have no desire to keep it 'professional'. Of course, I'm not selling very expensive books either.

But even your threads can go overboard at times. I've just stopped keeping up with your threads a couple times when the chaff was too much of a hassle to keep looking. When you have to go through two pages of a thread without a single comic being offered, it's just not worth it in my opinion...

Jim

Only 2?? :o I was having a productive night! :headbang:

Jim

As mostly a forum member who contributes to discussion threads and an occasional seller in the marketplace, I don't know what is more ackward. Telling people to stop bumping a sales thread (you might as well wave the "no-tire kickers allowed" banner at the top of thread), or to just ignore it and hope it goes away. Awhile back, I posted a book which recieved some pretty harsh (and uncalled) commentary. Truth be told, I just wanted to find a rock to hide under, and let the thread get buried because it quickly became petulant, and if I said something about it, I might have come across as defensive, or worse, a target for future thread derailment.

It was a no-win situation, and my original thinking was to offer it to the boards (no denying that the no commission sale was the most attractive part of the decision), but to also allow someone here who was really interested in the book to avoid a buyers premium on an auction/consignment site. I've forgotten about the whole experience, but I don't think most members here have a choice when you get someone who believes they can use the markeplace to vent for no explicable reason other than to get on people's nerves.

If the point is going to be to pizz people off and get a strike you are more then an example. You are the standard (worship)

Seriously just think about it. Because I havent had a thread in quite some time because the derailment was too much. I am beginning one tomorrow and will be quite clear about anything that pizzes me off.

Via PM of course. (thumbs u