• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Hi Andy,

Didn't you use that avatar last year too? lol

2671.jpg

Happy New Year!

-d

Might as well have, but at least they beat the Pack twice last year. doh!

Kinda funny, the only bag head picture I could find for my little photoshop job was of a Cubs fan. Figures.

No I didnt. you are mising the point of it being the sellers decision if he wants the activity stopped. Not anyone elses.

I think it's time for "JC example time" where I bump selling threads non-stop to prove a point that should be obvious to anyone smarter than a snail.

:signfunny:

I hope he bumps my FF thread from 2-3 weeks ago since I have them for sale still.

lol

No I didnt. you are mising the point of it being the sellers decision if he wants the activity stopped. Not anyone elses.

I think it's time for "JC example time" where I bump selling threads non-stop to prove a point that should be obvious to anyone smarter than a snail.

I hope he bumps my FF thread from 2-3 weeks ago since I have them for sale still.

lol

hm

lol

hm

^^

(worship)

I don't have an answer, if I did, I would probably be making tons of cash as a consultant or a psychiatrist.

I just know that both sides are right, and wrong at the same time. lol

It is a grey area that is going to be tough to change, aside from removing the icons totally, and that would be boring. Not to mention losing the "I'll take it" icon which would result in no sales.

The people posting the icons probably need to ease up on them a bit, and the others need to lighten up a bit and enjoy life, it's way to short to worry about little smiley faces.

I am probably guilty to a degree of posting too much stuff, but it was only Cloudofwit's sales thread, so who cares. :roflmao:

:frown:

I don't have an answer, if I did, I would probably be making tons of cash as a consultant or a psychiatrist.

It is a grey area that is going to be tough to change, aside from removing the icons totally, and that would be boring. Not to mention losing the "I'll take it" icon which would result in no sales.

The people posting the icons probably need to ease up on them a bit, and the others need to lighten up a bit and enjoy life, it's way to short to worry about little smiley faces.

I am probably guilty to a degree of posting too much stuff, but it was only Cloudofwit's sales thread, so who cares. :roflmao:

:foryou:

lol

hm

Well, I went back and read Blu's thread because I really respect Arex...and I don't think I did really understand Mike's intent until after seeing that thread.

It's early, but just some random thoughts here:)

Yes, there can be too much of anything,

Yes, seller's do have to police their own threads. Even I have had someone post something nasty (and it was a nice person, he just had PMS)

I think what the gremlin posters have to remember is to be considerate, gremlins are fine, but everything, can be excessive....even chocolate (I'm baking for tonight, so it's on my mind;)

I don't read every forum, so I rarely know that someone has not posted anywhere but the selling forum. I think I get annoyed when it's a new person who ONLY posts there, but they might not understand that there is a "code" I know *I* had no idea, not that I posted there first, I didn't, but I had a friend warn me....some people might not have friends with common sense.

I think Andy's sales threads are works of art in themselves:)

Of course people get busy, distracted...even depressed sometimes, you can expect more of that in this economy. Some of the posting might be just frustration (or wine) but ...it's nice to have this place for people to unwind...just be considerate.

I missed JC:) I don't sell or own any $10,000 books, but I can see his point, someone selling a book like that, might be more apt to want things at a different level.

However, it is up to them to indicate that...a simple "enough guys/girls" in the thread, should indicate that the gremlins should end.

It can be lonely posting a thread with no activity, but I can see where a thread like Blu's would turn some potential customer's off....so, I suppose, as in everything (including chocolate;) self moderation is key.

Happy New Year, be kind to people:)

The books all sold didn't they? :baiting::acclaim:

As mostly a forum member who contributes to discussion threads and an occasional seller in the marketplace, I don't know what is more ackward. Telling people to stop bumping a sales thread (you might as well wave the "no-tire kickers allowed" banner at the top of thread), or to just ignore it and hope it goes away

Excellent point, and all these "it's the sellers responsibility to stop the yahoos" statements totally ignore that most forum sellers are very polite and courteous individuals who do not want to come off as rude by telling people to stop talking.

The books all sold didn't they? :baiting::acclaim:

:think:

:banana:

Well, I went back and read Blu's thread because I really respect Arex...and I don't think I did really understand Mike's intent until after seeing that thread.

It's early, but just some random thoughts here:)

Yes, there can be too much of anything,

Yes, seller's do have to police their own threads. Even I have had someone post something nasty (and it was a nice person, he just had PMS)

I think what the gremlin posters have to remember is to be considerate, gremlins are fine, but everything, can be excessive....even chocolate (I'm baking for tonight, so it's on my mind;)

I don't read every forum, so I rarely know that someone has not posted anywhere but the selling forum. I think I get annoyed when it's a new person who ONLY posts there, but they might not understand that there is a "code" I know *I* had no idea, not that I posted there first, I didn't, but I had a friend warn me....some people might not have friends with common sense.

I think Andy's sales threads are works of art in themselves:)

Of course people get busy, distracted...even depressed sometimes, you can expect more of that in this economy. Some of the posting might be just frustration (or wine) but ...it's nice to have this place for people to unwind...just be considerate.

I missed JC:) I don't sell or own any $10,000 books, but I can see his point, someone selling a book like that, might be more apt to want things at a different level.

However, it is up to them to indicate that...a simple "enough guys/girls" in the thread, should indicate that the gremlins should end.

It can be lonely posting a thread with no activity, but I can see where a thread like Blu's would turn some potential customer's off....so, I suppose, as in everything (including chocolate;) self moderation is key.

Happy New Year, be kind to people:)

Well said Shar, and my sentiments exactly (except not in lavender) :grin:

Perhaps it's time for the Architect to remove the graemlins.

Then he would have to remove the image-posting capacity as well, so easy to hotlink to off-site graemlins... :(

Great idea. Then we don't have to scroll through countless posts of people quoting the same image.

No graemlins, no images....hell let's just stop posting so we can be sure no one is offended or bothered by anything. (thumbs u

Then he would have to remove the image-posting capacity as well, so easy to hotlink to off-site graemlins... :(

Great idea. Then we don't have to scroll through countless posts of people quoting the same image.

No graemlins, no images....hell let's just stop posting so we can be sure no one is offended or bothered by anything. (thumbs u

Go fist yourself. :foryou:

:o

Pretty much. May as well just throw a swastika up too and say that no free speech is permitted.

This thread and topic are just so ridiculous. Stop crying, use the ignore feature, everyone is happy.

Grinder shrink that stinkin spidey picture though!

:acclaim:

Grinder shrink that stinkin spidey picture though!

:acclaim: