• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Hey kids, is there a chance that maybe some of you could stop replying to a seller's thread with icons and phrasing like "nice pick-up" and such..?? It's getting really hard to go through a selling thread without seeing this nonsense posted and it also makes it difficult to get through a thread itself. If you're not asking about a book, why post at all..?? (shrug)

Maybe we can just post big pictures instead? (shrug)

trd.jpg

Hey kids, is there a chance that maybe some of you could stop replying to a seller's thread with icons and phrasing like "nice pick-up" and such..?? It's getting really hard to go through a selling thread without seeing this nonsense posted and it also makes it difficult to get through a thread itself. If you're not asking about a book, why post at all..?? (shrug)

Maybe we can just post big pictures instead? (shrug)

Jeebus :roflmao:

:golfclap: Nice pickup! ..errr I mean post!
Well done. :headbang:

Yuch. When I buy a book and don't get a few 'nice pick up' comments I figure I got robbed. :tonofbricks:

lol

Yuch. When I buy a book and don't get a few 'nice pick up' comments I figure I got robbed. :tonofbricks:

lol

The graemlins and the kudos in sales threads are fine with me. There are times when it becomes too much, and I have been guilty of this myself. But if you carry with extremes, I would much rather having people post graemlins or talk about sweet books then have silence. When your sales threads are silent, it just makes for a boring time. When there is action and life, a good time is had.

CD4ever sales threads are the final say IMO. And now that I have the baby and cant sleep at 2A.M. I can start checking them out while they are happening instead of the next day. Its like hearing about a party vs. going to it. :sumo:

:applause:

not surprised meh

*** You are ignoring this user ***

:cloud9:

Ever since i put you and count on ignore, the boards have been a lot more fun and nowhere near as aggravating:banana:

:gossip: the question is how do you put up with other people posting in sales threads? Must be hard hm Or do you just have a problem with Nelson and I?

And if you're ignoring me, what the sam H. are you responding for? :sumo:

Ever since i put you and count on ignore, the boards have been a lot more fun and nowhere near as aggravating:banana:

I have to agree, but you still see endless noise in the threads. Pat does have a point that a little banter is good and does help a thread but the inane graemlin post after graemlin post, after gaemlin post after graemlin post does nothing but pad individuals post count that ordinarily have nothing substantial to add.

Some have always added to society and then there are the select few that do nothing but suck it dry without ever giving anything back.

If I were selling, I would love to have comicgrinder or anyone else put down a cool graemlin on my sale thead. It would show me that at least someone is looking at my thread.

Brian

Yeah, but not 5 pages worth.

I have to agree, but you still see endless noise in the threads. Pat does have a point that a little banter is good and does help a thread but the inane graemlin post after graemlin post, after gaemlin post after graemlin post does nothing but pad individuals post count that ordinarily have nothing substantial to add.

Some have always added to society and then there are the select few that do nothing but suck it dry without ever giving anything back.

My posts are less graemlin filled lately, but I still dont get involved with all the arguments you guys contribute to. I still refuse to insult other people by calling them names and so on. You two absolutely amaze me sometimes with your short tempers, completely predictable. First you get upset, then get insulting, then start calling people "D" bags. I get it, you guys dont like me. Woop tee doo.

If I were selling, I would love to have comicgrinder or anyone else put down a cool graemlin on my sale thead. It would show me that at least someone is looking at my thread.

Brian

But it is usually multiple people. But I agree, sometimes I will just quit browsing a thread because it is too cluttered.

But pointing fingers isnt right either. There are many, many people who post graemlins constantly. No point in calling out, or holding grudges...

I have been trying the forgive and forget thing. It's new for me personally, as one of my favorite sayings were "I dont forgive, and I dont forget". But honestly, its just not worth it for me to hold grudges. I have no beef with anyone, and enjoy them much more. And if somebody does not like me, thats on them. But on my end, it's all good.

For good measure (:

Brian

So true.

predictable :sumo: whats next, name calling?

Wow, these comments seem harsh. Pointless graemlin posting with no purpose pads a persons post count and grinder and count have certainly done their share but they are 2 of the friendliest guys here. I certainly think that they help add to the sense of community and have contributed their share.

My posts are less graemlin filled lately, but I still dont get involved with all the arguments you guys contribute to. I still refuse to insult other people by calling them names and so on. You two absolutely amaze me sometimes with your short tempers, completely predictable. First you get upset, then get insulting, then start calling people "D" bags. I get it, you guys dont like me. Woop tee doo.

This has absolutely nothing to do with like or dislike. I have very good friends on the boards who I think post way too many graemlins and I have expressed that to them. My last statement (not really directed to anyone in general) reflects how I personally feel, I say things with no malice attached, but I do speak my mind.

Talk about taking things too seriously