• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

What days and times do you guys think is the best time to sell on the boards?

I usually post sales threads on the weekend because I figure everyone is not home.

I usually post sales threads on the weekend because I figure everyone is not home.

I don't understand the mentality of some sellers that if nobody's on the boards, the books won't sell. Or if 4-8 hours pass, the books won't sell. Or if people eat too much popcorn, the books won't sell.

It's just WEIRD how impatient I see some guys get when they put up their books, although it's kind of funny to see how many discounts get thrown up before the day is done. Do sellers expect their customers to remain online 24/7 or what?

I don't understand the mentality of some sellers that if nobody's on the boards, the books won't sell. Or if 4-8 hours pass, the books won't sell. Or if people eat too much popcorn, the books won't sell.

It's just WEIRD how impatient I see some guys get when they put up their books, although it's kind of funny to see how many discounts get thrown up before the day is done. Do sellers expect their customers to remain online 24/7 or what?

I think sometimes they are trying to generate instant cash for some shiny bauble that has caught their eye. Trouble is, comics (in my opinion) are a very illiquid commodity. One thing I've learned is that if you're patient, and don't need money right now, almost everything eventually sells for a pretty fair price.

I did some of my best sales over the Christmas holiday when the boards were pretty dead - there was a dearth of product and people, but those that were here had Christmas bucks to spend.

That was exactly the point I made (albeit with sarcasm) in an earlier sales thread that only lasted 4 hours before the seller took them to eBay. I pointed out that they had been on eBay for a whole hour already lol and no one had bought them! Seller didn't get it at all :grin: What's the rush? hm He had to wait at least 6 weeks to get the book slabbed, never mind the 30 years of "aging" the book, and he can't wait 5 hours to sell it??? :makepoint: