• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Reading your comments, I have to agree that there's been alot of lameness of late, but I still get great books here from great sellers.

Besides just not buying from overgrading, rule-breaking, thread-bumping sellers, what else can I do to help make sure this forum stays a great place to find cool books, accurately graded?

HERE'S A RADICAL IDEA, DONALD BLAKE STYLE.

WHEN SOME JACKASS MAKES A SALES THREAD THAT DOESN'T FOLLOW BOARD GUIDELINES, AFTER HE'S BEEN TOLD THAT IT DOES NOT FOLLOW BOARD GUIDELNES, how about STFU AND STOP BUMPING THE INNAPPROPRIATE THREAD AND THEREBY FORCING APPROPRIATE THREADS OFF THE PAGE?

WHEN SOME JACKASS MAKES A SALES THREAD THAT DOESN'T FOLLOW BOARD GUIDELINES, AFTER HE'S BEEN TOLD THAT IT DOES NOT FOLLOW BOARD GUIDELNES, how about STFU AND STOP BUMPING THE INNAPPROPRIATE THREAD AND THEREBY FORCING APPROPRIATE THREADS OFF THE PAGE?

You mean generally, or me in particular? Because I haven't done this.

Some people seem to be incapable of this. SingTFU that is.

STFU has no meaning to the yammering tards. :shrug:

I'm surprised by some of the comments made. It's one thing to point out the rules...it's another thing entirely to just start insulting a new member.

I'm surprised by some of the comments made. It's one thing to point out the rules...it's another thing entirely to just start insulting a new member.

Sorry - I'm off on my personal tangent again, but it is related. People who can't STFU, and add nothing to the conversation or the thread but their oral diarrhea. I agree with you that we've reached a new level of newby beatdown syndrome here.

I wasn't trying to trash Zach or anybody who made a goof when posting a for sale thread. I meant all the insufficiently_thoughtful_persons who keep chattering and blathering oral diarrhea, as lizards put it, and keep threads on the first page that should have and would have withered and died and if not for the nonsense BS spouted after any so-called "forum police" made a corrective comment.

There's a dozen other forums and hundreds of other threads for stupidity and personal quips that belong in a PM. The sales forum is becoming more difficult than ebay to navigate around all the turd postings, and at least half of those turd postings are the result of insufficiently_thoughtful_person's who have to post their every brain fart, and not just the result of bozos posting overpriced common low-grade garbage that could be picked up at the LCS, local show or Craig's list for a song.

I wasn't trying to trash Zach or anybody who made a goof when posting a for sale thread. I meant all the insufficiently_thoughtful_persons who keep chattering and blathering oral diarrhea, as lizards put it, and keep threads on the first page that should have and would have withered and died and if not for the nonsense BS spouted after any so-called "forum police" made a corrective comment.

There's a dozen other forums and hundreds of other threads for stupidity and personal quips that belong in a PM. The sales forum is becoming more difficult than ebay to navigate around all the turd postings, and at least half of those turd postings are the result of insufficiently_thoughtful_person's who have to post their every brain fart, and not just the result of bozos posting overpriced common low-grade garbage that could be picked up at the LCS, local show or Craig's list for a song.

:(

And to clarify, I don't mean good-natured banter within a sales thread with a seller you know. I mean carrying on like a 5th grade girl yammering nonsense and keeping threads that shouldn't have even been posted in the first place on the first page.

For the record, I PMed him about the post, and after reading it he did edit the original post, however beyond the one post in his thread pointing out the mis-location the other comments had already started.

I hope I'm not one of those bozos that you are talking about.... :P

Brian

Please try not to overgeneralize, guys. There are good sellers and good buyers. If there's something bothering you, point it out in a less vague way.

Plus has anyone ever contacted these sellers to ask them any questions or is this just being lazy... (shrug)

A few weeks ago I asked a new seller for references. But I've seen a bunch in the past couple of weeks that I decided to let other people ask instead. I don't really want the reputation of being the first to ask every single new/unknown seller for those.

Reading your comments, I have to agree that there's been alot of lameness of late, but I still get great books here from great sellers.

Besides just not buying from overgrading, rule-breaking, thread-bumping sellers, what else can I do to help make sure this forum stays a great place to find cool books, accurately graded?

That's easy. Keep buying from the good/great sellers and if you get burned, well, speak up. Wouldn't be a bad idea to see constructive criticism now and then. (thumbs u

So I was looking through the probation list and know there's a great deal of anger and disappointment. So which one of the boardies/ex-boardies are you most disappointed in?

For me it was 2 - Comics Supply and Gilberto Torres. I dealt with Comics Supply for a while and gradually their service degraded to a point where it was unbearable (as evidenced in many threads here, I'm not alone). Gilberto Torres, although I made only a few transactions with him, it's too bad that he just high tailed it out of town after establishing himself here as a bona fide member of the brood.

Here's the rest of the rogue's gallery.

aaron568

(added 11/6/08)

bronzejunkie

(added 3/26/07)

clobberintime

(added 11/7/07)

comicmankev

(added 3/27/07)

ComicSupply

(added 10/28/08 - 3rd "Hall of Shame" Member)

DarkKnight2K4

(added 4/24/08)

Dbostejano

(added 10/12/08)

donavan74

(added 3/27/07)

Ghastly

(added by majority vote 12/3/07)

gilbertotorres

(added 11/5/08 - 2nd "Hall of Shame" Member)

Henchman

(added 4/25/08)

Herald2Galactus

(Inaugural Member & 1st "Hall of Shame" Member)

Jmarch51

(added 2/14/08)

Lighthouse

(added 6/13/07)

Marc Wolfe

(added 9/15/08)

Markweb

(added 3/24/09)

matewan1990

(added 3/3/08)

mjacobs8

(added 1/24/09)