• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I've got both a 9-year old daughter and a wife who don't need to be looking over my shoulder at pics of scantily-clad women . . . I've had to block signatures, because many of you adolescent boys can't keep your pants on :grin:

We need an 18+ subforum... :insane:

It's making a lot of sense to go this route. And I didn't even think of some of the more racey underground covers - those can go a little too far for the younger members on here.

Thar's a tough one Nick. I shouldn't ask but how much roughly was the book? Irrelevant really but higher prices always make these things seem worse.

Thar's a tough one Nick. I shouldn't ask but how much roughly was the book? Irrelevant really but higher prices always make these things seem worse.

$65 shipped, Gav, which was a deal, although an amazing sale took place recently where another 9.6 sold for only $56. Very uncommon for this book.

I have seen several slabs that look like they glue on them. It's not glue. It's the result of poor QC and CGC's haste to get slabs out the door. I could go through a box of a hundred slabs and find probably ten that look the same way.

If we have this sort material to be sold here, I still think it goes without saying (even though I'm saying it! ;) ) that covers still need to be censored appropriately (black bars as needed, etc).

Personally, I'm ok with that stuff being sold elsewhere but considering CGC is open to slabbing it, then I'm not sure it's out of line for those CGC items to be sold here. But it does need to be done tastefully.

And yeah, separate sub forum as I've only recently gotten my wife to be cool with my continuous browsing of this place. The LAST thing I need is for her to see my scanning For Sale threads to see me looking through a bunch of Playboys. And I considering the current format, I don't think it'd be out of line to to have a subforum for Adult Material ONLY. I'm here for comics... not for Playboys.

2c

+1

Well said and I COMPLETELY agree especially with the "I'm here for comics... not for Playboys."

I have seen several slabs that look like they glue on them. It's not glue. It's the result of poor QC and CGC's haste to get slabs out the door. I could go through a box of a hundred slabs and find probably ten that look the same way.

I thought the same exact thing, but then when I looked closely with a flashlight it appears to be a thick bead of glue. I've never seen that before.

Could they be doing this at shows if the cases are not sealing correctly and the home office isn't aware?

I thought the same exact thing, but then when I looked closely with a flashlight it appears to be a thick bead of glue. I've never seen that before.

Could they be doing this at shows if the cases are not sealing correctly and the home office isn't aware?

Regardless, the seller has accepted the return, he has the book, you should have your money by now :sumo:

I've got both a 9-year old daughter and a wife who don't need to be looking over my shoulder at pics of scantily-clad women . . . I've had to block signatures, because many of you adolescent boys can't keep your pants on :grin:

:eek: I have no trouble keeping my pants on. :sumo:

:eek: I have trouble getting my pants on. :sumo:

Don't worry mate, you'll be able to dress yourself someday (thumbs u

:eek: I have trouble getting my pants on. :sumo:

Don't worry mate, you'll be able to dress yourself someday (thumbs u

meh

:roflmao:

Well said and I COMPLETELY agree especially with the "I'm here for comics... not for Playboys."

Agreed, and remember folks, this is the "COMICS MARKET" forum, and even if you decide to sell Playboy or SI mags, I would imagine these should go in a hypothetical "MAGAZINE Marketplace" to start.

Here is a link to the test thread for the auctions starting Tuesday night for Nik's wife and family. Auctions for Nik's family

All proceeds go to them.

We have about 114 books so far (I'm expecting one more)

The auctions will start at 7pm tonight (it's Tuesday here) , and Wednesday, in the VCC thread and will end Sunday and Monday night.

I know it's a lot to ask, but I was hoping out of respect for a much loved member, we as a community would not post new sales threads at least for the first 2 and last 2 nights of the auctions. We really need bidders and there is some wonderful stuff donated, much more than I ever expected... : (worship)

I'm going to post this in the discussion thread. Feel free to cut and paste it where appropriate.

Thank you!...you have all been wonderful...now don't forget to bid!

Sharon

If we have this sort material to be sold here, I still think it goes without saying (even though I'm saying it! ;) ) that covers still need to be censored appropriately (black bars as needed, etc).

Personally, I'm ok with that stuff being sold elsewhere but considering CGC is open to slabbing it, then I'm not sure it's out of line for those CGC items to be sold here. But it does need to be done tastefully.

And yeah, separate sub forum as I've only recently gotten my wife to be cool with my continuous browsing of this place. The LAST thing I need is for her to see my scanning For Sale threads to see me looking through a bunch of Playboys. And I considering the current format, I don't think it'd be out of line to to have a subforum for Adult Material ONLY. I'm here for comics... not for Playboys.

2c

I just finally read these post and never knew that Playboy thread was such a big deal. I don't mind them being sold here at all but it does make sense for them to be in a sub form that is labeled adult content. I am sure that there are members here that do find this type of material offensive or don't want to expose their kids to it.

Here is a link to the test thread for the auctions starting Tuesday night for Nik's wife and family. Auctions for Nik's family

All proceeds go to them.

We have about 114 books so far (I'm expecting one more)

The auctions will start at 7pm tonight (it's Tuesday here) , and Wednesday, in the VCC thread and will end Sunday and Monday night.

I know it's a lot to ask, but I was hoping out of respect for a much loved member, we as a community would not post new sales threads at least for the first 2 and last 2 nights of the auctions. We really need bidders and there is some wonderful stuff donated, much more than I ever expected... : (worship)

I'm going to post this in the discussion thread. Feel free to cut and paste it where appropriate.

Thank you!...you have all been wonderful...now don't forget to bid!

Sharon

:bump: