• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

:o we have one of those too? This place is getting too complicated....... :sorry:

Take it to the "shocked that this place is so complicated" threa.....aww never mind. :eek:

So now folks are using stock photos in their listings when selling raw books on the board? And, when they list the same book on eBay, it was noted as a 9.6 condition, but on here they list it as a 9.8 condition?!

Are some sellers losing their mind with all the things going on lately?

Stock photo AND higher condition listing

So now folks are using stock photos in their listings when selling raw books on the board? And, when they list the same book on eBay, it was noted as a 9.6 condition, but on here they list it as a 9.8 condition?!

I saw this and I will say one thing I'm going to be extra careful when I pull the :takeit: trigger looks like a lot of people here are out for money and not the love of the hobby.

I saw this and I will say one thing I'm going to be extra careful when I pull the :takeit: trigger looks like a lot of people here are out for money and not the love of the hobby.

It is sad as there is no reason for some of this garbage going around lately.

Wow, I'm starting to lose track of what's going on around here lately.

I do have a small suggestion though relevant to the recent goings on. How about adding this to the Sales Forum Guidelines: bulk sales must be accompanied by a complete list of inventory with grades and any discerning defects such as water damage, impact damage, tears, foxing etc. Maybe even group photos of inventory for future reference if there are any disputes over what was actually received.

If people want to sell a bulk lot then why not put the effort in? Then any bulk listings without the pertinent information provided get pulled thus avoiding the situation that's currently going on in the Probation thread.

A long winded guideline to add I know, but it could save a lot af trouble in the long run.

I do have a small suggestion though relevant to the recent goings on. How about adding this to the Sales Forum Guidelines: bulk sales must be accompanied by a complete list of inventory with grades and any discerning defects such as water damage, impact damage, tears, foxing etc. Maybe even group photos of inventory for future reference if there are any disputes over what was actually received.

If people want to sell a bulk lot then why not put the effort in? Then any bulk listings without the pertinent information provided get pulled thus avoiding the situation that's currently going on in the Probation thread.

A long winded guideline to add I know, but it could save a lot af trouble in the long run.

Boozad, the only thing I would say is that it's already listed so there's nothing new to add:

6. It must list specific books with purchase prices. It is acceptable to bulk price, and/or to note that package discounts may be available, but you must list a starting price that you WILL sell for.

7. List scans or information about the grade of the offered books.

The Marketplace Guidelines already account for this sort of transaction. It probably was overlooked that there wasn't a specific list provided by the seller, otherwise it would've/should've/could've been yanked for non-compliance. I'd be surprised if a similar listing lasted long after this cluster junker. :eek:

Boozad, the only thing I would say is that it's already listed so there's nothing new to add:

6. It must list specific books with purchase prices. It is acceptable to bulk price, and/or to note that package discounts may be available, but you must list a starting price that you WILL sell for.

7. List scans or information about the grade of the offered books.

The Marketplace Guidelines already account for this sort of transaction. It probably was overlooked that there wasn't a specific list provided by the seller, otherwise it would've/should've/could've been yanked for non-compliance. I'd be surprised if a similar listing lasted long after this cluster junker. :eek:

Thanks for pointing that out Mac Man (thumbs u

I only read the guidelines once and they pretty much stuck in my mind for the useless sales threads I'd be running :grin: