• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Totally on a different topic....I really wish people would stop listing their modern drek for unreasonable prices.

Why?

Because it absolutely breaks my heart to see someone ask a totally ridiculous price, then keep lowering their price over and over again, getting more desperate about it. Usually, it's a crickets chirping to their repeated calls of "anyone"...?

Like, you know, listing about $3 worth of drek for $25 or so....

It really....truly...makes me want to buy this stuff just to help the poor person out.

It doesn't actually make me, but it makes me WANT to....which, of course, is what it's designed to do...but still....

It makes me feel bad. :(

Trust me, I wish all comics were worth cover price, but the harsh reality is, they're not. :cry:

You sound like you really have a heart. There are limits to the logic/rationality of the Enlightenment. Cue Rolling Stones' "Emotional Rescue."

:baiting:

Edited by cloudofwit

This is way OT here but there are alot of people that sell a lot of slabs here that either do not have a legal size scanner or scanner at all.Recently there have been some listings of really nice books with no pics at all.

I am here to help.

I recently bought this scanner from seller norsystems on ebay for a best offer of $75.

I also know 3 other pelple that have purchased the exact same scanner from that seller with great satisfaction.

I am in no way affiliated with the seller but i just thought I would share a good deal with you guys.

The way I see it if you are consistently selling $100 plus slabs the legal scanner is a must.

Just ordered it..Hope its nice as you say.

Totally on a different topic....I really wish people would stop listing their modern drek for unreasonable prices.

Why?

Because it absolutely breaks my heart to see someone ask a totally ridiculous price, then keep lowering their price over and over again, getting more desperate about it. Usually, it's a crickets chirping to their repeated calls of "anyone"...?

Like, you know, listing about $3 worth of drek for $25 or so....

It really....truly...makes me want to buy this stuff just to help the poor person out.

It doesn't actually make me, but it makes me WANT to....which, of course, is what it's designed to do...but still....

It makes me feel bad. :(

Trust me, I wish all comics were worth cover price, but the harsh reality is, they're not. :cry:

You sound like you really have a heart. There are limits to the logic/rationality of the Enlightenment. Cue Rolling Stones' "Emotional Rescue."

:baiting:

lol

This is way OT here but there are alot of people that sell a lot of slabs here that either do not have a legal size scanner or scanner at all.Recently there have been some listings of really nice books with no pics at all.

I am here to help.

I recently bought this scanner from seller norsystems on ebay for a best offer of $75.

I also know 3 other pelple that have purchased the exact same scanner from that seller with great satisfaction.

I am in no way affiliated with the seller but i just thought I would share a good deal with you guys.

The way I see it if you are consistently selling $100 plus slabs the legal scanner is a must.

How nice are the scans? Do you have an example? I am in the market for one.

So I know CGC now grades Playboys...are there any no-no's as to posting adult material for sale? I have some Penthouse comix that I will post eventually...all the covers are fine so no issue there.

I certainly wouldn't sell to any underage boardies...would paypal only be enough to allay that concern? I'd hope to not have to ask for a photo copy of a driver's license. :grin:

And to head off the 'perv' comments I bought these LONG ago when I was still in the military and unmarried. :P;)

So I know CGC now grades Playboys...are there any no-no's as to posting adult material for sale? I have some Penthouse comix that I will post eventually...all the covers are fine so no issue there.

I certainly wouldn't sell to any underage boardies...would paypal only be enough to allay that concern? I'd hope to not have to ask for a photo copy of a driver's license. :grin:

And to head off the 'perv' comments I bought these LONG ago when I was still in the military and unmarried. :P;)

perv :baiting:

I am here to help.

How nice are the scans? Do you have an example? I am in the market for one.

Heres one.

Supergirl-1-Slater.jpg

I used to use Photoshop but now for my quick scans I am using Picasa which is free and super easy.

I just crop them,straighten them and use the "I'm feeling lucky" auto adjust all in Picasa and they look great.

Edited by str8rcn

perv :baiting:

doh!

Should we create a separate Chew sales forum?

It seems there cannot be a sales thread without a Chew book in it.

Chew is the hot fad at the moment.... give it a few more weeks and we'll have a new "flavor of the month" book to have in every sales thread :insane:

Warning: rantrant dead ahead ......

I've always thought of the Board Only Selling Forum as a place where one goes to get/give a "good" deal from/to another member of this community. Frankly, I'm getting pretty tired of folks listing books here for considerably more than these exact same books sold for just a few months ago at one of the major auction houses. Why would anyone pay 30~40% more for the same specimen they passed on just a few short weeks/months ago? I have nothing against capitalism and/or flipping per se, but I would never try beat my own family out of a few bucks. Note to prospective buyers: Heritage's Permanent Auction Archives is your friend.

And now, we return to our regularly scheduled programming.

Warning: rantrant dead ahead ......

I've always thought of the Board Only Selling Forum as a place where one goes to get/give a "good" deal from/to another member of this community. Frankly, I'm getting pretty tired of folks listing books here for considerably more than these exact same books sold for just a few months ago at one of the major auction houses. Why would anyone pay 30~40% more for the same specimen they passed on just a few short weeks/months ago? I have nothing against capitalism and/or flipping per se, but I would never try beat my own family out of a few bucks. Note the prospective buyers: Heritage's Permanent Auction Archives is your friend.

And now, we return to our regularly scheduled programming.

I tend to agree with you, though obviously it's not a rule by any means.

Almost all of my threads are 50% off OSPG. Of course nobody ever wants my drek, but that's another story lol

Actually, I do pretty well with my threads. I'm happy the books are going to boardies at a deep discount. I have gotten plenty of deals here on the boards and love to return the favor any time I can. I just got a screamin' deal from Angelo (TheWatcher) on a run of Goon that I can't wait to get and peruse. That being said, I have seen some books that have left my possession and appear here on the boards drastically marked up under a month later. That's a little annoying, but what can you do?