• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Does anyone have a problem with me starting a second thread with all raw books from GA to BA?

I already have a high grade CGC thread running.

I know my own feelings on this but don't remember where we left it as far as if it is cool or not with y'all.

Should I combine the two or is it ok to start another thread?

Feel free to voice your opinions.

Thoughts?

R.

Does anyone have a problem with me starting a second thread with all raw books from GA to BA?

I already have a high grade CGC thread running.

I know my own feelings on this but don't remember where we left it as far as if it is cool or not with y'all.

Should I combine the two or is it ok to start another thread?

Feel free to voice your opinions.

Thoughts?

R.

wow...WOW...What a jerk :slapfight:

I guess this is the proper place to post this...Since everyone really doesn't know and seems to think they know.

When I first started my account, right away I purchased a few items, but one of the sellers (Comicgrinder) was nasty and mean with his responses, so I decided not to purchase anything from him or the other seller (foolkiller) then over time I realized this place isn't so bad and made a few purchases regardless of being on the probation list. I even went out of my way to e-mail the previous sellers and ask if I owned them anything in case of a loss. Never heard back from Comicgrinder and Foolkiller said to leave him alone. So there you haven't.

Oh and this Filter81, I just think this guy is bad news. Anyone who lists a comic for sale and doesn't want to tell you the grade, is shady in my opinion. Also never mentioned the book was trimmed, of course he tried to cover this up. Plus he buys a book on CL and 2 months later trys to sell it to board members for $600 above what he paid? I don't think we need sellers who are trying to take advantage of follow board members. Board members come here for great deals, not to insulted and over charged.

Well, that pretty much sums it up.

PS: I don't personally know anyone here and could be wrong in my analysis, after all this is the internet.

You really need to leave Adam (Filter81) out of the discussion.

Adam is a top notch person in every regard and there is no harm in him buying for resale. It's what he does for a living. If you feel he misrepresented something, that is a discussion for another day, but it has nothing to do with the probation thread and you personally.

I'd just focus on your personal dealings as that is what everyone is upset about.

Roy,

As much as I appreciate your concerns, we all have the right to do what we feel is right. I don't want to beat a dead horse, but feel there are several members who come to this site in search of a good deal and shouldn't be mislead.

This topic of making a profit has been discussed at length in other threads. You have a right to say whatever you feel is right, but I don't think it'll help your case regarding the probation thread.

As much as I appreciate your concerns, we all have the right to do what we feel is right. I don't want to beat a dead horse, but feel there are several members who come to this site in search of a good deal and shouldn't be mislead.

By "mislead" (it's "misled", btw) I'm assuming you mean "try to sell books here and have the buyer flake on them"? Because, yeah, that's kinda the purpose of the probation list - to warn members about the people who do this sort of thing (thumbs u