• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I'll admit I'm lazy. BC scans available by request. :foryou:

Ditto...figure folks will ask if they would like to see something (back cover, centerfold, etc.) and the books are fully refundable in either case. Just too time intensive to get pics uploaded of both sides of all books, so I do it on an as needed basis. So nothing to hide (I think that was his concern) and will happily answer any questions that people have...tend to enjoy the discussion aspect of it anyway (thumbs u

SE

Why is it that some sellers (who've been doing this here for a while) can't seem to get a decent size scan up, and never bother with a BC scan? hm

Could it be they have something to hide? hm hm

Or are they just lazy? hm hm hm

Or do they just not give a rip? hm hm hm hm

Some of them have even made their scans smaller over time . . . :grin:

:popcorn:

Sheesh! Can't even rouse any rabble around here . . . :popcorn:

Is giving a rip considered restoration? hm

Why is it that some sellers (who've been doing this here for a while) can't seem to get a decent size scan up, and never bother with a BC scan? hm

WTF have you been? hm (not that I give a rip . . . ) :baiting:

:cry:

This whole job, family, kids thing.....takes up your whole day!!

:cry:

This whole job, family, kids thing.....takes up your whole day!!

lol You need to lower their expectations . . . :gossip:

I don't put up back scans unless there is a flaw...tanning, writing etc If the book is well centered and no flaws I don't bother unless asked.

It seems the shills get discovered within 30-60 days after signing up,so I was thinking of having a new rule.

The new rule would be any new board member that has only been a member for 90-days or less can only :takeit: any of my books if they pay via check/money order only.

Anyone think that would cut down on the shill fraud behavior?

It seems the shills get discovered within 30-60 days after signing up,so I was thinking of having a new rule.

The new rule would be any new board member that has only been a member for 90-days or less can only :takeit: any of my books if they pay via check/money order only.

what would truly cut down on the behavior is if they got a life. nah, ain't gonna happen. as it's your sales thread, i don't see why you wouldn't be allowed to put this stipulation in but i may be wrong. many have blackballed probation listees (obvious) and members they have on ignore (understandable).

Edited by paperheart

what would truly cut down on the behavior is if they got a life. nah, ain't gonna happen. as it's your sales thread, i don't see why you wouldn't be allowed to put this stipulation in but i may be wrong. many have blackballed probation listees (obvious) and members they have on ignore (understandable).

Mike,

I am just seeing if that would work, meaning I haven't done it yet. Just curious if anyone would thing it would help cut the shill :takeit: down a bit.

Can't see why I wouldn't be able to do that cause it my sales thread. I could be wrong but the only thing I know we really can't say is PP Personal.

John

Mike,

I am just seeing if that would work, meaning I haven't done it yet. Just curious if anyone would thing it would help cut the shill :takeit: down a bit.

Can't see why I wouldn't be able to do that cause it my sales thread. I could be wrong but the only thing I know we really can't say is PP Personal.

John

Don't know if it would cut down on the behavior or not. They could still post the "take it" and never send the check or money order... which puts you in the same place with a lost sale and time wasted.

Plus you might lose legit sales. When I signed up in Feb (I think) after just reading the board for years, I went on a buying spree and spent waaaay too much. Sure would hate to lose some of that legitimate newbie cash by denying them a way to pay with a credit card. 2c

Edited by Bio-Rupp

So when sellers are laying out their sales rules, and they show buyers having to add 3% if sending payment via PayPal (non-personal), isn't this just like stating "I require PayPal Personal or it is your cost to bear?"

So when sellers are laying out their sales rules, and they show buyers having to add 3% if sending payment via PayPal (non-personal), isn't this just like stating "I require PayPal Personal or it is your cost to bear?"

Yes.

When they put it like that, yes, but it should be OK for them to make the 3% part of the purchase price as long as they do it up front, IMHO.

Given the guidelines:

- First takeit.gif gets it and trumps any and all PM's.

Would you consider the following to be a sale? It is a PM but the rules dont specify where the :takeit: has to be.

188c90c5.jpg

i did not go back and place the :takeit:s in all the different threads but i certainly had considered it a sale.

Just for arguments sake who would consider this a sale?

BEFORE VOTING, READ THE NEXT FEW PAGES PLEASE

Lets give everyone the whole story Green.

Green lowballs me an offer for the remainders of the Marvel 3.69 sale. I counter and we agree on a price. He had the books... all he had to do was post the "take it" in the threads for everything he wanted. Not a big deal since it is clearly posted in my thread rules that "Take it" trumps any and all PM's which Green quoted for me above.

After accepting Green's terms and I did accept them I asked him to throw up the "take it" signs which you can also see above right under where I accepted his terms.

So Green shoots back with this...

:ohnoez:

Having to make 3 more posts wasnt part of the deal :baiting:

... and I come back with...

Sorry...are you sure?

... which Green doesn't answer. In the 15 minutes all this is happening, Kawfeadikt steps in with the "take it" on the remainders.

Now Green is mad on top of being rude that he lost out.

I can't get him to understand that "take it" trumps PMs. He states that since he put the "take it" up in the PM, he did what I asked. ?????

How would anyone know you won the stuff by putting up a "take it" in a PM? If you don't put it in the thread, then its still up for grabs, as per my thread rules. And grabbed it was.

Since you are mad (for no reason) I have offered you a complete refusal of everything you won with no hard feelings and you won't answer.

If you can't understand what "take its trump PM's" means which was stated in the rules section of each of my threads, then I can't help you.

Now it appears that Green is going to drag payment out with polls and discussion which really isn't helping me at all since I need the funds and know those books will sell. But if I have to wait 30 days for Green to understand the English language and pay, then these books will be right here waiting for him.

Edited by Bio-Rupp

I see what Bio-Rupp is referring to as when I checked the $3.69 thread, the sales thread rules are right at the top of the page.

- First takeit.gif gets it and trumps any and all PM's.

Green, I know it's a bummer missing out on books, and especially if it happened while you were having a PM exchange with the seller. I'm sure many of us have had this happen.

But he really did outline it accurately in his sales thread what was expected to close the deal. I think many sellers are wanting this now because of people backing out of deals they agreed to in a PM, but then later on disappear. It's nothing personal.

Hopefully you both can work this out, and continue to deal with each other going forward. Nobody likes missing out on books, but you can't blame the seller if he is doing the right thing and listing books for the entire forum to take a shot at.

:foryou::foryou:

Gotta go with Bio-Rupp on this one Green... he stated up front that he wanted the stake posted in the sales thread, and until it was posted, PMs could be trumped (or at least that's how I read his rule)...

Sucks you missed out on those books over a technicality, though.

I'll post anything you want, just ask (page 6, panel 2... sure, give me a minute!)... Most of the books I have, the front cover is indicative of the condition of the book as a whole, so I don't bother with the BC... Just a waste of effort, unless requested. hm But, now that you mention it, I think maybe I should post something to that effect in my next sales thread...