• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Lloyd and I have had a back-and-forth and he has offered a gracious and genuine apology.

This was never a Probation List matter, IMHO, but we all need to hold to certain standards when doing business here. Lloyd understands that and I'm happy to say we are 100% cool. (thumbs u

These Boards are an amazing smorgasbord of comic buying opportunities. We owe it to one another to not let our eyes get bigger than our stomachs, or our wallets, as the case may be.

If my wallet was bigger than my stomach you suckers could kiss my olive skinned goodbye.

I'd take my talents to my own private island cuz i'd be Rich Biatch!!!!

Wait, what were we talking about?

Lloyd and I have had a back-and-forth and he has offered a gracious and genuine apology.

This was never a Probation List matter, IMHO, but we all need to hold to certain standards when doing business here. Lloyd understands that and I'm happy to say we are 100% cool. (thumbs u

Nick,can you send me some scans of your run of Fantastic Four?

Front and back scans pretty please :devil:

Cool, could we add shoes...and maybe glassware? hm

My wife is looking for a Coach Purse. hm

I have the misfortune of having a Coach outlet about 90 minutes from my house and on the way to the bay area. My wife loves to go to cons now as we always have to stop at Coach and get her a purse.

Who wants to buy my cgc hulk collection so i can get the hulk 6 pc copy?

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Is it just me or has it now suddenly become acceptable to post:

:takeit: pending PM

(or something similar)

before the seller has even had a chance to respond to said PM?

As a seller, I'd be rather miffed over a post like that - it makes the book seem like it has been sold, even though I haven't yet agreed to whatever the buyer is asking :shrug:

Is it just me or has it now suddenly become acceptable to post:

:takeit: pending PM

(or something similar)

before the seller has even had a chance to respond to said PM?

As a seller, I'd be rather miffed over a post like that - it makes the book seem like it has been sold, even though I haven't yet agreed to whatever the buyer is asking :shrug:

Yep, it's total b.s., kinda like hitting the quick reply and then editing it after to put in the :takeit: (but before anyone notices)

Never saw that before . . . :whistle:

Well, I guess it depends.

Some sellers are very slow to respond to any PM's, and yet a potential buyer may have a reasonable request before a purchase. And with our pack of bidding sharks circling around each sales thread, it can be tough waiting for a response before taking a bite.

(shrug)

I did it one time with a brand new seller that had some Copper Age books for sale that hardly ever come up. He never specified shipping costs, and I wanted to check what it would be. Wait - thinking back now, he hadn't even specified prices on his books either.

:insane:

Well, I guess it depends.

Some sellers are very slow to respond to any PM's, and yet a potential buyer may have a reasonable request before a purchase. And with our pack of bidding sharks circling around each sales thread, it can be tough waiting for a response before taking a bite.

(shrug)

I did it one time with a brand new seller that had some Copper Age books for sale that hardly ever come up. He never specified shipping costs, and I wanted to check what it would be. Wait - thinking back now, he hadn't even specified prices on his books either.

:insane:

I see your point, but this could lead to some significant problems in the future (especially with similarly rare or high demand books). Let's say you offered the :takeit: pending PM on a book that someone else has a big need for who then posts :takeit: without any provisions. My guess is we would quickly have a battle on our hands. I simply base this on big disagreements you will occasionally see on the public versus PM :takeit: situations.

I always looked at it as you assume a time risk by sending a PM. Sure some sellers are slow to respond, but you have determined that waiting for a reply/discount/additional pics is worth not taking the book immediately. For example, in one of Frank's sales threads he posted an Avengers 5 for $20 or so but had a picture of #6. Great deal either way :) so I hit the :takeit: In that case, I am assuming the opposite risk...committed to buy either way and assuming his description of the grade was accurate without a visual to go on (although he gracefully offered to let me take it off the table due to the error)

The :takeit: pending PM just seems a little like cheating to me :juggle: Have to fall in the camp of folks who do not like this (and in my own sales threads I would not honor this if a :takeit: came in the meantime.

Just my two cents,

Heath