• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Gus is another respected guy around here. Wasnt there a HUGE thread about him in the GA forum. From what I have read here, he is not to be dealt with.

I don't know Gus, but he was and perhaps still is, partners with Greg Joytner, someone that Mark Zaid had to go after. That was what the thread you are referring to had been about.

I make it a practice to avoid doing business with anyone Mark Zaid needs to go after.

Therefore, I did not want to do business with Gus.

I don't trust joytner either. I bought 1 book from him, cause I was dying to have it. And I wasnervous as h.ell. associations with him have broken off for some time for obvious reasons. But it didn't stop some of the guys on the boards to still try and contact him.

I don't trust joytner either. I bought 1 book from him, cause I was dying to have it. And I wasnervous as h.ell. associations with him have broken off for some time for obvious reasons. But it didn't stop some of the guys on the boards to still try and contact him.

So ing what?

Just because there are arseholes on the boards doesn't mean we all need to be arseholes.

Oh, and Gus was also heavily involved in Bluechip's 'unrestored' heavily restored Action #1, if memory serves.

I didn't say "all" anywhere on my post. I actually like many of the board members and get along with quite a few. Anyway, I guess there is not much more to be said here. Going back to the regular thread to see what's going on in the world.

Just because there are arseholes on the boards doesn't mean we all need to be arseholes.

But that doesn't stop us.

BTW, calling someone "Lady" is a little old fashioned, you are too young for that. If .

The broad has a point.

:kidaround:

Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I'll shoot anyway and ask if anyone might have any interest in Western comics round here?

All early 50s Dell stuff including Gene Autry, Red Ryder, Roy Rogers (30 of each) amongst others, as well as annuals.

Also got a bunch of Dell funny stuff too. Can send a detailed list if anyone's interested. Cheers guys

Opinions required...

Got a few books up on the Comicana site that I'm going to reduce in price. Taking them off the site is a right pain in the arse and I'd prefer to simply post them here at the new reduced prices before I reduce the prices on the site (if they don't sell here, obviously) to allow boarders first opportunity.

I'm pretty certain that this is a no-go, though. (shrug)

Not sure how your site may work, but could you edit them as sold on your sight or somehow otherwise mark them NFS? Think that would comply with the letter of the law.

Also, I think you would be OK for a PM sales thread...have folks indicate an interest or not and start a small private sale under a large group PM with those that wish to be included?

Either way, thanks for thinking of us (thumbs u

Not sure how your site may work, but could you edit them as sold on your sight or somehow otherwise mark them NFS? Think that would comply with the letter of the law.

Also, I think you would be OK for a PM sales thread...have folks indicate an interest or not and start a small private sale under a large group PM with those that wish to be included?

Either way, thanks for thinking of us (thumbs u

Interesting. I was thinking of something else-

Advertise the link to that website and have boardies indicate which books they're interested in and you give them a better price via PM or other forms of communication? Or if you're comfortable, you can just give a certain % off the listed price for boardies. :)

It is, indeed - the rules are pretty clear on this; the books have to be exclusively listed on these boards.

Yeah, that's how I've understood things. Bit of a pisser that. :(

Run an official Comicana news thread in here and announce the new prices with links to the books. You can also state your stance on disclosure wherever you're selling books!