• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I'm ONLY arguing for disclosure of as much information as a seller has available So, if I press a book, or color on it, or if I CRACK it, I'm going to just write that in my description

If you were only arguing for disclosure I would not be involved in the discussion. By condoning Bob's actions you are insisting or demanding what you feel is disclosure. That is what should not be tolerated.

Well, I'm sorry if either of you are disappointed in me, but frankly, it's a two way street. I'm disappointed in the vehement defense against disclosure.

I apologize if my example was dramatic,, but sometimes, it needs to be..

I see NO reason for hiding or not disclosing ANY information unless you think that information will stop a buyer from buying something and if that is the rationale for not disclosing, then I'm against it.

I don't believe that Caveat Emptor is a principal we should adhere to on this forum...I really don't follow that guideline in any part of my life personally, but I hate the idea of even the possibility of following it here. I view this forum as an extension of my family.

While I probably would not have made the post that Bob made, I do believe that an informed consumer can make a better decision.

As I told you in the PM, I've learned a lot here. Before I came to this forum, I made a lot of less informed buying decisions, because I DID NOT KNOW what to ask. People were kind enough to teach me quite a bit about restoration, rarity, all kinds of things, and I believe in paying forward kindnesses.

We have lots of people here, who are not experts, information is not harmful, unless you as a seller are trying to hide something that you think will affect your bottom line.

I am not defending disclosure.

You don't know the reason for not mentioning a prior grade. The majority that posted here do not care to know the prior grade.

You are assuming that the prior grade has an effect on price or that the new grade is less accurate than the old grade. Buyer beware of what?

Most that have taken Bob's position follow it up with saying they likely would not have done it Bob's way. That is the problem. Bob did it that way. Bob also did not inform the consumer of anything. He simply confused the situation. He did nothing to explain the situation, his view, the majority view, how it affects the value or resale, the CGC notes, the old CGC notes, his opinion of the grade.....what was clarified to inform the buyer?

You are once again assuming the seller is hiding something and also that he is hiding it because of the bottom line. It is just as likely that he is selling a CGC 9.4 book and that the past grade is irrelevant to him.

Most that have taken Bob's position follow it up with saying they likely would not have done it Bob's way. That is the problem. Bob did it that way. Bob also did not inform the consumer of anything. He simply confused the situation. He did nothing to explain the situation, his view, the majority view, how it affects the value or resale, the CGC notes, the old CGC notes, his opinion of the grade.....what was clarified to inform the buyer?

That's the real issue here. Those jumping on the bandwagon trying to defend "disclosure" are losing sight of proper forum etiquette. Talk about missing the point completely just to back a buddy.

doh!

And Sharon could have at least used Christmas Red to match the holidays.

:(

I've been trying to keep the discussion on track but I'm not having much luck. lol

Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming,swimming,swimming. I love that movie. :)

Just to alert any prospective buyers who want more information on comics they're considering from the Marketplace:

Spider Dan just listed an FF #26 cgc 9.4 that was formerly graded by CGC as a 9.0. I do not know if the comic has been pressed, as Dan provides no mention. Ironically, after earlier in the week disclosing that another comic he was selling was a resubmission that garnered the same grade the second go-round, he has chosen to not mention the prior CGC grading on the FF #26 or the other comics in the sales thread that also sport different CGC grades than they used to.

Just to alert the community:

Spider Dan just listed an FF #26 cgc 9.4 that was formerly graded by CGC as a 9.0. I do not know if the comic has been pressed, as Dan provides no mention on this. Ironically, after earlier in the week disclosing that another comic he was selling was a resubmission that garnered the same grade the second go-round, he has chosen to not mention the prior CGC grading on the FF #26 or the other comics in the sales thread that also sport different CGC grades than they used to.

You forgot to use bold, pardner. Maybe a little extra large text.

howdy_pardner_cowboy_pug_photosculpture-p153178985239228463zvgay_400.jpg

:foryou:

Spider Dan just listed an FF #26 cgc 9.4 that was formerly graded by CGC as a 9.0. I do not know if the comic has been pressed, as Dan provides no mention on this. Ironically, after earlier in the week disclosing that another comic he was selling was a resubmission that garnered the same grade the second go-round, he has chosen to not mention the prior CGC grading on the FF #26 or the other comics in the sales thread that also sport different CGC grades than they used to.[/

You forgot to use bold, partner. Maybe a little extra large text.

Why the sarcastic response to posting information the way some have argued it should be posted? (shrug)

Spider Dan just listed an FF #26 cgc 9.4 that was formerly graded by CGC as a 9.0. I do not know if the comic has been pressed, as Dan provides no mention on this. Ironically, after earlier in the week disclosing that another comic he was selling was a resubmission that garnered the same grade the second go-round, he has chosen to not mention the prior CGC grading on the FF #26 or the other comics in the sales thread that also sport different CGC grades than they used to.[/

Why the sarcastic response to posting information the way some have argued it should be posted? (shrug)

Because now you are just being vindictive versus attempting to do right by the community. But come on - you knew that, rather than me having to tell you this.

:gossip: You did know that, right?

Because now you are just being vindictive versus attempting to do right by the community. But come on - you knew that, rather than me having to tell you this.

I'm starting to wonder. All he had to do was post this in his own thread and we're all good.

I'm starting to wonder. All he had to do was post this in his own thread and we're all good.

yes, i don't seem to follow the logic. on the Strange Tales #135 he mentioned that it was a 9.2 and then upon regrading was still a 9.2 (w/ the caveat that a press might help) and then no mention of the regrades when the books came back higher on the FF #26, etc. to suggest this disclosure or lack thereof isn't about the $ seems naive.

Edited by paperheart

yes, i don't seem to follow the logic. on the Strange Tales #135 he mentioned that it was a 9.2 and then upon regrading was still a 9.2 (w/ the caveat that a press might help) and then no mention of the regrades when the books came back higher on the FF #26, etc. to suggest this disclosure or lack thereof isn't about the $ seems naive.

Actually I meant if Bob posted that information in his own thread then we're all good but the seller posting it would also have made everyone happy.

Just to alert any prospective buyers who want more information on comics they're considering from the Marketplace:

Spider Dan just listed an FF #26 cgc 9.4 that was formerly graded by CGC as a 9.0. I do not know if the comic has been pressed, as Dan provides no mention. Ironically, after earlier in the week disclosing that another comic he was selling was a resubmission that garnered the same grade the second go-round, he has chosen to not mention the prior CGC grading on the FF #26 or the other comics in the sales thread that also sport different CGC grades than they used to.

This was all that I was asking...it really seems more in line with generally accepted forum etiquette in my opinion. :gossip: And honestly I think more people read these discussion threads than you think. :foryou:

Thank you for the additional information....is it prying too much to ask how you are figuring this out (to increase my own detective skills ;) )

And Bosco!!! :hi:

Long time no talk buddy...hope the move went well :)

Thanks Heath.

Virginia is gorgeous, and the family loves the area. Now to get my books out of storage soon.

Happy Holidays!

:cloud9:

hm Weighing job offers and Hampton, VA is one of the three...anywhere near your new digs?

Good to know, thanks Bob.

And Bosco!!! :hi:

Long time no talk buddy...hope the move went well :)

Thanks Heath.

Virginia is gorgeous, and the family loves the area. Now to get my books out of storage soon.

Happy Holidays!

:cloud9:

hm Weighing job offers and Hampton, VA is one of the three...anywhere near your new digs?

PM sent, my good man.

Huh? THIS is the forum sales discussion thread.

I meant initially instead of posting in the seller's thread. If you are conceding it should have been posted in a place other then his sales thread so you posted it here then (thumbs u