• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

And what he's doing is just that, creating that image of me. This is the 2nd time he's stuck his nose where it didnt belong.

Oh, please. You posted a Green River pedigree comic that was missing the pedigree designation, and I pointed out in your thread that you had an unattributed Green River comic. Rather than "creating an image" of you, I posted information that increased the market value of your offering. I knew with certainty that your comic was from this pedigree, since I formerly owned it, and so posted an old scan to remove any doubt about its provenance.

When we discussed this comic via the private message route, you pointed out that you had resubmitted it yourself (thereby losing the designation), and that you didn't think it was important to maintain the provenance of pedigreed comics.

Your choices for your image.

Why would someone destroy a books Pedigree provenance? I do not understand.

Isn't the book worth more as a Pedigree?

I cracked an Old Label ASM #29 for re-subbing in hopes a grade bump. I did not realize it was the Green River Pedigree and I didnt add the Pedigree to the sub form. I screwed up. When I posted it for sale it took all of 5 minutes before Bob the Board Cop posted what it WAS. And even went as far as posting a scan of it. In MY sales thread.

Bob the Board Cop?

Why are you so mad at Bob for catching your mistake? Seems that he is all

about disclosure and honest selling practices and you're upset that you've

been caught losing pedigree status at the minimum.

An honest seller should welcome scuitiny of their sales thread as they have

nothing to hide

It probably is just coincidence. Either that or your prices on the items you currently have for sale are too high for the CGC boards.

Thanks for the input. I thought I was good being a little below GPA on Hi Grade Silver. Maybe just a bad time for higher dollar books.

Oh.. And keep up the good work Officer Bob (thumbs u

Either that or your prices on the items you currently have for sale are too high for the CGC boards.

I think you should post that in his sales thread :popcorn:

Why would someone destroy a books Pedigree provenance? I do not understand.

Isn't the book worth more as a Pedigree?

I cracked an Old Label ASM #29 for re-subbing in hopes a grade bump. I did not realize it was the Green River Pedigree and I didnt add the Pedigree to the sub form. I screwed up. When I posted it for sale it took all of 5 minutes before Bob the Board Cop posted what it WAS. And even went as far as posting a scan of it. In MY sales thread.

Bob the Board Cop?

Why are you so mad at Bob for catching your mistake? Seems that he is all

about disclosure and honest selling practices and you're upset that you've

been caught losing pedigree status at the minimum.

An honest seller should welcome scuitiny of their sales thread as they have

nothing to hide

I amitted to my mistake on the GR ped. I wasnt upset about that. It was an oversight. Thats just where the ill-will started with him. He was pretty ticked about it. (I may still have the PM's). Im upset about the way he went about my upgrades. I dont feel that it needs to be disclosed. And since its not a Board rule, I dont feel I made a mistake. They are in a CGC case stating the grade. I feel its irrelavent what they were.

It probably is just coincidence. Either that or your prices on the items you currently have for sale are too high for the CGC boards.

Thanks for the input. I thought I was good being a little below GPA on Hi Grade Silver. Maybe just a bad time for higher dollar books.

The boards can be notoriously cheap. You know you've priced something at least 50% off if g-man buys it.

The boards can be notoriously cheap. You know you've priced something at least 50% off if g-man buys it.

+1

eBay is my best friend for higher grade slabbed books.

I've set twp GPA highs there.

You'll never set one here I guarantee it. :gossip:

+1

eBay is my best friend for higher grade slabbed books.

I've set twp GPA highs there.

You'll never set one here I guarantee it. :gossip:

. I'm curious what was the record?

seriously

a) there are a hell of a lot of people on this board that care nothing but the upper left number on the label.

b) there are a hell of a lot of people that don't care where the books came from. Old label CPR, newly discovered books from someone's basement, etc..

c) there are some good detectives on this board that will research a book before they buy or interested in for whatever reasons.

d) You have a very good eyes for upgradeable books as well as having the balls to role the dice on resub them pressed or not.

If a buyer that bought your books before and don't care about the history, none of this matter because the all mighty top left number is all that matter.

We have seen countless people over the years got chastise for trying to flip a book for a quick profit when prior sale record just weeks if not days existed on Heritage or CL so it is the reality of flipping and the potential headaches selling here.

Hulk 158 from 2008

At the time only 1 9.4 and 5 9.6s (Mine being the 5th) existed

So only half a dozen in high grade, rare for a BA Hulk.

I asked $330 on the boards when it came back (only recent GPA sale was $227).

Nothing... crickets... not even G-man low ball offer.

Threw on the 'Bay for 10 cent BIN listing at $349.99 (GPA shows it at $350)

Sold on like the second or Third day of the seven day listing.

I see one 9.6 sold since for $550

Too bad someone here didn't invest in it. :whistle:

118916.jpg.52aa55ad0ddcc2a0364855837fafd304.jpg

118917.jpg.23cfaa70bb38a898aeb1f5ca50579eeb.jpg

Edited by Aces

Oh - I thought you meant highest sale like 100K or something like that.

You set records for price over GPA. Still very nice :applause:

Mine will be going there tomorrow night :wishluck:

Was that an Old Label... and if it was.. Did you disclose what the old grade was :banana:

Edited by Spider-Dan

Hulk 158 from 2008

I think i bought every other book in that thread. At the time it wasnt on my radar....my run is still without one :cry: Have probably sold all the rest at losses by now :baiting:

Hulk 158 from 2008

I think i bought every other book in that thread. At the time it wasnt on my radar....my run is still without one :cry: Have probably sold all the rest at losses by now :baiting:

(worship)

Yes you did! :foryou:

You got all those 9.0/9.2 Hulks for a discount. <3

I do recall getting the feeling I was trying to rip people off asking $100 over gpa but I knew that issue was rare in HG in the BA Hulk run and time has proven me right.

:P

Dan, for the record, I like your methodology of resubmitting old label books. It is an honest endeavor, taking advantage of nothing more than CGC's evolving grading opinions and your good eye. By not pressing you are keeping the purity of the comic and saving yourself a lot of money. Kudos.

However, when it comes to pricing these big upgrades, personally I would see a win/win price for both buyer and seller. Knowing the book was upgraded would not bother me at all if I knew I got it for a significant discount. Though I don't believe I have made a purchase with you yet, I enjoy your selling threads and hope you keep them coming. (thumbs u

Dan, for the record, I like your methodology of resubmitting old label books. It is an honest endeavor, taking advantage of nothing more than CGC's evolving grading opinions and your good eye. By not pressing you are keeping the purity of the comic and saving yourself a lot of money. Kudos.

However, when it comes to pricing these big upgrades, personally I would see a win/win price for both buyer and seller. Knowing the book was upgraded would not bother me at all if I knew I got it for a significant discount. Though I don't believe I have made a purchase with you yet, I enjoy your selling threads and hope you keep them coming. (thumbs u

Thanks for the kind words! I hope to do buisness soon!

Edit: Because of you Bomber Bob.. I am going to offer anyone (well almost) who reads this 15% off asking price of any book in my sales thread until its closed tonight!

Edited by Spider-Dan

So, now everyone has to post what a book was previous to the current grade?

I thought this book would come back a CGC 9.4 when I subbed it raw. However, here it is graded a CGC 9.8.

Or

This book used to be a CGC 9.2, but it came back a CGC 9.6 on a straight resub.

I'm all for voluntarily disclosed pressing and the like, but the above is ridiculousness and all over someone's sales thread in the name of community is nothing short of rudeness.

If you people really want to be saviors, why don't you start calling out sellers who can't grade worth a damn. That might actually be constructive.

I've wanted to many times, but held back because there's no easy way to break this news. It's obviously not news to folks that can see from the scan that the guy's grades are wayyyyyy off, but some are more trusting than others or just don't know better.

Dunno. (shrug)