• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

:news:

Update on the FF 26 in question!

A few Boardies felt I wasnt disclosing enough information about this comic.

So, after contacting Comic Link to find out where THEY got the book, I spent all weekend making phone calls, sending emails, and some internet research, tracing the history of it.

As it turns out, it all started right here

Photobucket

They couldnt tell me when it was planted (sorry), but apperantly is was harvested sometime in 1963.

I hope this clears things up (thumbs u

Photobucket

My guess is that this DC fan was caught smoking. The beat down is probably for the gel watch & the man-purse though.

(shrug) I have no sympathy for this guy (shrug)

For a second I thought it was greggy. lol He was at some overseas con and took a wrong turn trying to find a shop sheep someone recommended.

Fixed!

Seriously, the idea that someone needs to disclose what a book graded on a previous submission is just crazy. As long as the book has not been messed with, it's totally irrelelevant.

Seriously, the idea that someone needs to disclose what a book graded on a previous submission is just crazy. As long as the book has not been messed with, it's totally irrelelevant.

respectfully disagree. this is a "buy the label" not the book mentality. unless you've got Heritage like scans buying a book that was graded this year was akin to begging for disappointment. i bought a lot of slabs this year and, in my estimation, maybe 1/3 of them looked overgraded in hand.

respectfully disagree. this is a "buy the label" not the book mentality. unless you've got Heritage like scans buying a book that was graded this year was akin to begging for disappointment. i bought a lot of slabs this year and, in my estimation, maybe 1/3 of them looked overgraded in hand.

:idea:

Everything graded this year (or any other perceived 'soft time') should show the CGC grade with an asterix along with any other prior grades received; I'm not sure about prior grade disclosure though as it would appear only a 2 increment bump warrants action by others unless the book is sold in person. :baiting:

Seriously though, if we're not focusing a marketplace disclosure discussion on restoration, improvements or in the opinion of many, lost pedigrees. Extending proactive disclosure to a rejection of 3rd party opinions by our hosts isn't a good precedent for the forum.

If you are buying the book not the label, why not reject both past & present labels equally?

If you have an over-graded book is it your intention to re-submit these so that the correct grades can be assigned?

Edit: that last paragraph is a general question - I personally don't recall anyone selling on here other than Flaming Telepath and offering their lower grade opinion of a CGC'd book. I think it was "CGC gave this a 9.0 but I feel it's only an 8,5"

Edited by bababooey

So, after contacting Comic Link to find out where THEY got the book, I spent all weekend making phone calls, sending emails, and some internet research, tracing the history of it.

Photobucket

They couldnt tell me when it was planted (sorry), but apperantly is was harvested sometime in 1963.

I really wish you had disclosed this earlier.

However, I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest, that most times when a book goes up two grades "something" has been done to it.

That's your assumption.

OK, I'll bow to your greater knowledge, or experience. Educate me if I'm misguided.

Am I wrong, do MOST books that get a 2 grade bump, have nothing done to them? Are MOST not pressed?

I don't think there is an accurate way to answer this. Intuitively I would think the assumption is that for a book to get a significant grade bump something must have been done. But there is anecdotal evidence supporting both instances. I had a couple of books get bumped two grade levels on straight re-subs a few years back when CGC was supposedly grading more strictly than they are now. I presented one of those books (a Marvel Mystery 40 that went from 5.5 to 6.5 on a resub with no pressing) when I first started posting here and folks called me a liar.

Photobucket

Oddly enough...I can see that his comics and your ahem "paper products" all came from the same place. :o

bedrockstart.jpg

your ahem "paper products"

I'm sorry, did you say "grading tools"?

Two-Ply,and quilted, grading tools.

The only way to go (thumbs u

Photobucket

Oddly enough...I can see that his comics and your ahem "paper products" all came from the same place. :o

bedrockstart.jpg

Upon closer examination, it appears Mr. Bedrock prefers al fresco to underoos.

(:

Photobucket

bedrockstart.jpg

(:

Not for nothing, but I'm looking at the gap in the shirt, and I'm not seeing anything hanging.

He must have the anatomical structure of a Ken doll. hm

Photobucket

bedrockstart.jpg

(:

Not for nothing, but I'm looking at the gap in the shirt, and I'm not seeing anything hanging.

:roflmao:

I didn't want to look there in the first place and now I can't stop.

Photobucket

bedrockstart.jpg

(:

:roflmao:

I didn't want to look there in the first place and now I can't stop.

115286.jpg