• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

cracking a Pedigree slab, press it or not but resub it without the old label for whatever reason is ok

This is not okay, and frankly, quite foolish as a pedigree copy of a book is likely to receive a higher grade than it's non-pedigree counterpart in the same condition.

If you were to re-submit the book with the old CGC label showing the pedigree status, that information wouldn't be known to the grader, right? From what I understand, the graders get the books for grading in a mylar with a bar code on the mylar. The graders don't know the history or previous grade of the book, correct?

So, if all of that's correct, then if you've got a pedigree book going to CGC for re-submitting, then you may as well include the old label to keep the pedigree status, no? (shrug) That makes sense if you want to conserve the provenance of that book.

I suppose the ones that wouldn't want to include the old label are trying to purposely lose the history of the book so the prospective buyers don't know that the book had a grade bump. hm

It probably is just coincidence. Either that or your prices on the items you currently have for sale are too high for the CGC boards.

This is the bottom line here.

If you have it priced well enough, it'll sell, no problem. Doesn't matter what the old grade was and such. If it's cheap, it'll fly.

FWIW, I don't think any less of you after reading all of this. If I were in your shoes, I would have done things differently, as Bob would have also. He and I would like to know the prior grade, if known. It's not mandatory, but it would be nice if it were passed along.

I think posting it in the Forum Sales Discussion Thread is alright. Some would take offense to having the prior history pointed out in their own thread. I side with Richard, as I wouldn't mind if it were done in my thread.

Andy 2c

Just for everyone's information, every book I have and will sell on these boards was in 9.8 condition when they were printed. If it is slabbed, there's a number at the top left that tells what the grade is. That's what it's in the slab for. If you object with the grade, please dial 877-NM-COMIC and speak to my personal customer service team.

I just wanted to get all that off my chest as not to hide any information from prospective customers.

You all need to get laid.

That is all.

xoxo,

Dice

Just for everyone's information, every book I have and will sell on these boards was in 9.8 condition when they were printed. If it is slabbed, there's a number at the top left that tells what the grade is. That's what it's in the slab for. If you object with the grade, please dial 877-NM-COMIC and speak to my personal customer service team.

I just wanted to get all that off my chest as not to hide any information from prospective customers.

You all need to get laid.

That is all.

xoxo,

Dice

:signfunny:

Just for everyone's information, every book I have and will sell on these boards was in 9.8 condition when they were printed.

xoxo,

Dice

I miss Greggy, so I will post this in his honor...

PROVE IT! :sumo:

I'll send you the printer's address and you can ask for written correspondence that will validate the grade off the production line.

I'm just a middle man in this transaction.

Just for everyone's information, every book I have and will sell on these boards was in 9.8 condition when they were printed.

xoxo,

Dice

Wait...where is greggy? :o

xoxo,

Dice

Wait...where is greggy? :o

Just the thought of me sending him nasty PMs scared him off.

Sort of related to some this discussion. What if books are subbed as a pre-screen and don't pass then are resubmitted (without any sort of manipulation/pressing) and pass on a subsequent submission?

I've had this happen. I've only done two modern 9.8 pre-screens. On my second, I resubbed some of the books (because I really felt they were 9.8s) and some of them did make the cut and came back as 9.8s.

What's the feeling - should that be disclosed?

Sort of related to some this discussion. What if books are subbed as a pre-screen and don't pass then are resubmitted (without any sort of manipulation/pressing) and pass on a subsequent submission?

I've had this happen. I've only done two modern 9.8 pre-screens. On my second, I resubbed some of the books (because I really felt they were 9.8s) and some of them did make the cut and came back as 9.8s.

Why not? Let's just keep adding to the ridiculousness. Some of my slabs have seen me naked. I should probably disclose that if I sell them. Such trauma could encourage them to become bad seeds. They might grow up to dabble in Registry sets and experiment with pressing. Before you know it, they will be getting signatures and hanging out with PGX slabs in Oregon.

Why not? Let's just keep adding to the ridiculousness. Some of my slabs have seen me naked. I should probably disclose that if I sell them. Such trauma could encourage them to become bad seeds. They might grow up to dabble in Registry sets and experiment with pressing. Before you know it, they will be getting signatures and hanging out with PGX slabs in Oregon.

:o

You know what would also be helpful? It would be great if sellers also disclosed how much they paid for a book they're selling. I, for one, would like to know how much they are making on the sale as that would influence my decision on whether or not I want to buy.