• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Sort of related to some this discussion. What if books are subbed as a pre-screen and don't pass then are resubmitted (without any sort of manipulation/pressing) and pass on a subsequent submission?

I've had this happen. I've only done two modern 9.8 pre-screens. On my second, I resubbed some of the books (because I really felt they were 9.8s) and some of them did make the cut and came back as 9.8s.

What's the feeling - should that be disclosed?

Why not? Let's just keep adding to the ridiculousness. Some of my slabs have seen me naked. I should probably disclose that if I sell them. Such trauma could encourage them to become bad seeds. They might grow up to dabble in Registry sets and experiment with pressing. Before you know it, they will be getting signatures and hanging out with PGX slabs in Oregon.

See,I could tell....you and Joey miss Greggy, too!

He'll be back next weekend:) He's in a mall. :foryou:

You can also add: Was it read in the bathroom? Was it stored in the trunk of your car? Do you practice animal sacrifices? How many of the ten commandments did you break with the book watching?

And was it in a smoker's house...cigars? Honduran? Ecuadorian? cigarettes? filter? no filter? roll your own?

Oddly though, I am not very concerned at the possibility that some of my collection may have seen (or touched :o ) a nekkid Watson...and is now in a comic box..touching my other comics. :eek:

EDIT: I am not VERY concerned...I am EXTREMELY concerned. :ohnoez:

You obviously don't own a lot of old raw comics that lived with a smoker, lol...

They can reek;)

even years later.

and it's good you are not worried about Watson being naked with your comics, it shows a healthy...

hm never mind..;)

:ohnoez::ohnoez: Additional Addendum Added in Addition :ohnoez::ohnoez:

Was it read in the bathroom?

I hate to break it to you after the sale, but you know that copy of Godzilla that was signed by Richard Evans and Eric Powell? Well, it did come from Bedrock City Comics...

bedrockstart.jpg

Blanket disclosure - All books sold by Bedrock City Comic Co. pass through the Bedrock City grading process where they are thoroughly inspected and thus are fully guaranteed.

Was it read in the bathroom?

I hate to break it to you after the sale, but you know that copy of Godzilla that was signed by Richard Evans and Eric Powell? Well, it did come from Bedrock City Comics...

bedrockstart.jpg

Blanket disclosure - All books sold by Bedrock City Comic Co. pass through the Bedrock City grading process where they are thoroughly inspected and thus are fully guaranteed.

That's an awfully, big roll of TP behind you - you really do - do things bigger in Texas.

You know what would also be helpful? It would be great if sellers also disclosed how much they paid for a book they're selling. I, for one, would like to know how much they are making on the sale as that would influence my decision on whether or not I want to buy.

I'd also like to know who they bought it from so I can query the prior owner of any oddities that might change my mind at the sale.

I will only need this information for books that have changed more than two grades in either direction on odd days of the month. I don't deal with people that grade comics on even days in the month.

You know what would also be helpful? It would be great if sellers also disclosed how much they paid for a book they're selling. I, for one, would like to know how much they are making on the sale as that would influence my decision on whether or not I want to buy.

And I want to know as much as I can about the condition of a comic when I can't see it in person. Period.

And I want to know as much as I can about the condition of a comic when I can't see it in person. Period.

Knowing if a book was previously graded two grades higher or lower by CGC says nothing about a books current condition.

I could be wrong here (speaking from my own perspective which is obviously a bit different). However, I think it is not you seeking the information so much as the attitudinal component...subjecting every seller's threads to YOUR personal views just seems a bit rude for lack of a better term. It seems to me that you would be welcome to ask whatever you want of the seller via PM as well as post concerns you have in what has been identified as the appropriate place (by consensus not unanimity I realize :juggle: ) ...i.e. starting theads in CG, discussing concerns here, etc.

I really think you risk alienating some folks here...as well as proposing a pattern of behavior that could easily become destructive in the marketplace (good intentioned as you may be, but you have to realize some of the grudges folks have here, and the acceptance of disrupting sales threads in the way you did could lead to a free for all :eek: ).

I could be wrong here (speaking from my own perspective which is obviously a bit different). But I think it is not you seeking the information so much as the attitudinal component.,.subjecting every seller's threads to YOUR personal views just seems a bit rude for lack of a better term. It seems to me that you would be welcome to ask whatever you want of the seller via PM as well as post concerns you have in what has been identified as the appropriate place (by consensus not unanimity I realize :juggle: )

I really think you are risking alienating some folks here...as well as proposing a pattern of behavior that could easily become destructive in the marketplace (good intentioned as you may be, but you have to realize some of the grudges folks have here, and the acceptance of disrupting sales threads in the way you did could lead to a free for all :eek: ).

Well put :golfclap:

For me, I'd rather know what if anything was done to the book in its history. Given that grading is subjective, knowing what previous grades were (higher or lower) is not of great value to me.

In the end, I buy the book not the label if I have options; however, much of what I buy are GA books in which there are few (sometimes no) census copies so I often take what I can get.

For those books, I do have my own taboos - prefer unrestored but will take it as long as there is no trimming, married pages, incompletes and try to stay away from slightly brittle and brittle pages.

I could be wrong here (speaking from my own perspective which is obviously a bit different). But I think it is not you seeking the information so much as the attitudinal component.,.subjecting every seller's threads to YOUR personal views just seems a bit rude for lack of a better term. It seems to me that you would be welcome to ask whatever you want of the seller via PM as well as post concerns you have in what has been identified as the appropriate place (by consensus not unanimity I realize :juggle: )

I really think you are risking alienating some folks here...as well as proposing a pattern of behavior that could easily become destructive in the marketplace (good intentioned as you may be, but you have to realize some of the grudges folks have here, and the acceptance of disrupting sales threads in the way you did could lead to a free for all :eek: ).

He's a shrink.

He's a shrink.

So is that an endorsement or condemnation? :baiting:

I could be wrong here (speaking from my own perspective which is obviously a bit different). However, I think it is not you seeking the information so much as the attitudinal component...subjecting every seller's threads to YOUR personal views just seems a bit rude for lack of a better term. It seems to me that you would be welcome to ask whatever you want of the seller via PM as well as post concerns you have in what has been identified as the appropriate place (by consensus not unanimity I realize :juggle: ) ...i.e. starting theads in CG, discussing concerns here, etc.

I really think you risk alienating some folks here...as well as proposing a pattern of behavior that could easily become destructive in the marketplace (good intentioned as you may be, but you have to realize some of the grudges folks have here, and the acceptance of disrupting sales threads in the way you did could lead to a free for all :eek: ).

:o

I actually agree with you on something. WTFudge?!

:ohnoez:

:baiting:

:o

I actually agree with you on something. WTFudge?!

:ohnoez:

:baiting:

Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!

Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes... the dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Ye Gods...the Bosco and SE on the same side of the fence...truly the end times are upon this board :eek: