• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

You know what would also be helpful? It would be great if sellers also disclosed how much they paid for a book they're selling. I, for one, would like to know how much they are making on the sale as that would influence my decision on whether or not I want to buy.

And I want to know as much as I can about the condition of a comic when I can't see it in person. Period.

I could be wrong here (speaking from my own perspective which is obviously a bit different). But I think it is not you seeking the information so much as the attitudinal component.,.subjecting every seller's threads to YOUR personal views just seems a bit rude for lack of a better term. It seems to me that you would be welcome to ask whatever you want of the seller via PM as well as post concerns you have in what has been identified as the appropriate place (by consensus not unanimity I realize :juggle: )

I really think you are risking alienating some folks here...as well as proposing a pattern of behavior that could easily become destructive in the marketplace (good intentioned as you may be, but you have to realize some of the grudges folks have here, and the acceptance of disrupting sales threads in the way you did could lead to a free for all :eek: ).

Well put :golfclap:

He's a shrink.

So is that an endorsement or condemnation? :baiting:

More like an inoculation.

Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!

Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes... the dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

:ohnoez:

Love me some Ghost Busters...technically a Christmas movie to boot hm

And Watson, you well know that you can't vaccinate from the Snake Eyes...I'm totally insecure...wait...insincere...no...isidious...yeah, that's the ticket...insidious :insane:

Interestingly, I have seen many a case of parental incest (even moreso down to the aunt/uncle level...and quite creepily a number of grandparent cases). However, in seven years of practice down here, only one sister/brother case...of course I am in a University town hm Maybe I need to get out to those rural counties where they keep hiding bodies in coal mines :juggle:

Of course, if I remember correctly you are also residing in the former confederacy...how they comin' with the flushable toilets in your neck of the woods? :)

Edited by Snake Eyes

However, I think it is not you seeking the information so much as the attitudinal component...subjecting every seller's threads to YOUR personal views just seems a bit rude for lack of a better term.

Thank you for my new word of the day :grin:

Attitudinal : relating to, based on, or expressive of personal attitudes or feelings

However, I think it is not you seeking the information so much as the attitudinal component...subjecting every seller's threads to YOUR personal views just seems a bit rude for lack of a better term.

Thank you for my new word of the day :grin:

Attitudinal : relating to, based on, or expressive of personal attitudes or feelings

:applause:

Interestingly, I have seen many a case of parental incest (even moreso down to the aunt/uncle level...and quite creepily a number of grandparent cases). However, in seven years of practice down here, only one sister/brother case...of course I am in a University town hm Maybe I need to get out to those rural counties where they keep hiding bodies in coal mines :juggle:

Of course, if I remember correctly you are also residing in the former confederacy...how they comin' with the flushable toilets in your neck of the woods? :)

They'd have to see it as a problem before you'd hear about it. :gossip:

For me, I'd rather know what if anything was done to the book in its history. Given that grading is subjective, knowing what previous grades were (higher or lower) is not of great value to me.

In the end, I buy the book not the label if I have options; however, much of what I buy are GA books in which there are few (sometimes no) census copies so I often take what I can get.

For those books, I do have my own taboos - prefer unrestored but will take it as long as there is no trimming, married pages, incompletes and try to stay away from slightly brittle and brittle pages.

I agree,Jeff....well said!

However,I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest, that most times when a book goes up two grades "something" has been done to it.

I agree with Heath, about the possibility of disruption by people with other axes to grind, I don't think that was the case with Bob, but I understand it could happen.

I think what bothered me, was the jumping on someone who was giving information, after reading more posts, I can see there are points on each side .

Other than that, I am only interested in actual "History" ...like it was from the "Sally" collection. I think it's a shame to erase a provence if a book has one, but it's up to the owner of course.

As someone who has purchased two books recently from Dan, I can say that I was pleased with both transactions. I didn't ask if the books were cracked and resubmitted

because I wasn't purchasing their former grades, I was purchasing the books in their current condition with the grades that CGC gave them when Dan submitted them.

I looked at the scans he provided on both books and I was confident that both books fit my eye according to the grade and I would be happy once I received them.

They may have been former 1.8's for all I care. What's important to me is that I received exactly what I paid for and what was advertised. Both books were packaged

well and shipped fast, I couldn't ask for more 2c

However, I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest, that most times when a book goes up two grades "something" has been done to it.

That's your assumption.

OK, I'll bow to your greater knowledge, or experience. Educate me if I'm misguided.

Am I wrong, do MOST books that get a 2 grade bump, have nothing done to them? Are MOST not pressed?

However, I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest, that most times when a book goes up two grades "something" has been done to it.

That's your assumption.

OK, I'll bow to your greater knowledge, or experience. Educate me if I'm misguided.

Am I wrong, do MOST books that get a 2 grade bump, have nothing done to them? Are MOST not pressed?

A few people keep saying "2 grade bump". A 2 grade bump would be from a 6.0 to an 8.0. Ive had books go from 9.0 to 9.4.. that's 2/5 of a point. I dont know why they are different, but obviously CGC doesnt bang higher grade books as hard as they used to

Also, Ive had just as many books go down in grade. Ive even had Blue Label books come back with PLOD. So to "assume" I'm minipulating them.. your wrong. Ive sold books to Boardies that have had them pressed themselves and recieved grade bumps.

As someone who has purchased two books recently from Dan, I can say that I was pleased with both transactions. I didn't ask if the books were cracked and resubmitted

because I wasn't purchasing their former grades, I was purchasing the books in their current condition with the grades that CGC gave them when Dan submitted them.

I looked at the scans he provided on both books and I was confident that both books fit my eye according to the grade and I would be happy once I received them.

They may have been former 1.8's for all I care. What's important to me is that I received exactly what I paid for and what was advertised. Both books were packaged

well and shipped fast, I couldn't ask for more 2c

:acclaim:

That's your assumption.

A few people keep saying "2 grade bump". A 2 grade bump would be from a 6.0 to an 8.0. Ive had books go from 9.0 to 9.4.. that's 2/5 of a point. I dont know why they are different, but obviously CGC doesnt bang higher grade books as hard as they used to

Also, Ive had just as many books go down in grade. Ive even had Blue Label books come back with PLOD. So to "assume" I'm minipulating them.. your wrong. Ive sold books to Boardies that have had them pressed themselves and recieved grade bumps.

I've never once said I assumed YOU were manipulating them, that was not what I said, not my intention. I was just speaking in general.

Jim, who I happen to know and like, was contradicting, something I said, so I asked a genuine question, I have had less than a handful of books pressed, I don't really collect the genre that most people press, so I was curious...I know I've been told by others that most upgrades are from pressing, but I'd like his opinion, I think he's very sharp.

That's your assumption.

I've never once said I assumed YOU were manipulating them, that was not what I said, not my intention. I was just speaking in general.

Jim, who I happen to know and like, was contradicting, something I said, so I asked a genuine question, I have had less than a handful of books pressed, I don't really collect the genre that most people press, so I was curious...I know I've been told by others that most upgrades are from pressing, but I'd like his opinion, I think he's very sharp.

(thumbs u

A few people keep saying "2 grade bump". A 2 grade bump would be from a 6.0 to an 8.0. Ive had books go from 9.0 to 9.4.. that's 2/5 of a point.

The actual term has been a bump of two grading units. A unit is a change in the CGC scale, which is an interval scale. Your books that regrade from 9.0 to 9.4 an 9.2 to 9.6 have risen two grading units or intervals.

A few people keep saying "2 grade bump". A 2 grade bump would be from a 6.0 to an 8.0. Ive had books go from 9.0 to 9.4.. that's 2/5 of a point.

The actual term has been a bump of two grading units. A unit is a change in the CGC scale, which is an interval scale. Your books that regrade from 9.0 to 9.4 an 9.2 to 9.6 have risen two grading units or intervals.

Photobucket

Photobucket

My guess is that this DC fan was caught smoking. The beat down is probably for the gel watch & the man-purse though.

(shrug) I have no sympathy for this guy (shrug)

For a second I thought it was greggy. lol He was at some overseas con and took a wrong turn trying to find a shop someone recommended.