• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Which is a greater offense, and I'll qualify that by saying, to the board members not CGC. Selling PGX books on the sneak or selling to probation members?

Probably the former.

Selling PGX books on the sneak is a lot like farting on a crowded elevator just as you are getting out. By the time people realize what you've done to them it's too late to do much about it.

Selling to probation list members is more like picking up someone of a questionable gender from the club. You are taking a massive risk but it's mostly your own regardless of the possibility of personal shame if outed.

Both are pretty disrespectful to this particular community. So they are probably 1A and 1B on the bad quotient.

I already expressed in the Trey Cannon thing that I felt the moderator guidelines already had moderator enforcement defined for a breach of their rules (strikes etc...) & if there was community interest in enforcing the CGC rule then create one, whether it be one month probation or whatever... (shrug) Presumably the proposed probation action can only come as a result of a mod thread lock; the logical approach: use the mod button & if/when the strike is issued, move it to probation for community enforcement.

The point here seems to center around selling a PGX graded book in the slab - I would personally have no problem if CGC took that a step further.

I would be surprised if CGC is thrilled to see people selling cracked books here alongside scans of the PGX label showing a competitors opinion on grade. Though the slab is the "guarantee" that the book contained is the one that was graded - someone coming on here and selling a cracked out book and scanning the old PGX label to show 3rd party opinions is just as bad as selling a PGX in the slab - I would say scanning another company's label/opinion should also be forbidden - the most that someone should be able to post on a cracked out PGX should be "previously 3rd party graded at _____" PM for details. I would support CGC if they said you CANNOT make reference to grades provided by other 3rd party grading services - it's their site. (shrug)

This type of policy might rub some of the proactive disclosure proponents the wrong way but it's within CGC's right to say that they simply don't want people to utilize opinions offered by competitors in their sales descriptions.

I see CGC's point of view as "We don't just put them in plastic....we are a professional grading company & people pay for and respect our opinions. Sharing opinions of grades offered by prior buyers/sellers is fine - however any disclosure of the opinions offered by other 3rd party grading companies is not allowed"

:popcorn:

All of that makes perfect sense to me.

I'm not a lawyer at all. Plus, I don't shop Brian's sales threads. Thirdly, more power to him. It's a shame one rotten apple can spoil the entire barrel so that label scans are a requirement.
So you just make sheet up to argue? Do the facts matter?
Sign post. Wrong road home. Have at it.
imager.php?id=2603401&t=o

GIFSoup

:roflmao:That is wild in slow motion.

I'm not a lawyer at all. Plus, I don't shop Brian's sales threads. Thirdly, more power to him. It's a shame one rotten apple can spoil the entire barrel so that label scans are a requirement.

So you just make sheet up to argue? Do the facts matter?

OUCH_KID.jpg

Bottom line is... (wait for it)....

NO FREAKIN PGX BOOKS :sumo: :sumo:

Duh.

Sheesh.

Wait. I'm a little unclear what your point is. Say again.

(:

I checked "FREAKIN" in the Urban Dictionary and they say is means:

"Obscene dancing which simulates sex by the grinding the of the genetailia with suggestive sounds/movements. often done to pop or hip hop or rap music"

So don't do that to PGX books. (tsk)

Crystal clear and pretty good advice when you stop and think it over. :applause:

I would support CGC if they said you CANNOT make reference to grades provided by other 3rd party grading services - it's their site. (shrug)

This type of policy might rub some of the proactive disclosure proponents the wrong way but it's within CGC's right to say that they simply don't want people to utilize opinions offered by competitors in their sales descriptions.

Where do we draw the line? Would referencing the grade that a dealer gave it previously, if say that dealer had done a paid appraisal, then off-limits?

I would support CGC if they said you CANNOT make reference to grades provided by other 3rd party grading services - it's their site. (shrug)

Where do we draw the line? Would referencing the grade that a dealer gave it previously, if say that dealer had done a paid appraisal, then off-limits?

Stop bringing logic to the conversation.

:sumo:

I think the line CGC has already drawn is fine. Raw or CGC graded books only.

Let's show our hosts the repect they deserve our we could lose our buying

and selling forums entirely.

I think the line CGC has already drawn is fine. Raw or CGC graded books only.

Let's show our hosts the repect they deserve our we could lose our buying

and selling forums entirely.

:golfclap:

I think the line CGC has already drawn is fine.

Great! So no need to change them (thumbs u

Maybe you should speak to Phil...and discuss it with him :shrug: I never saw a need to change anything before, normal people would just show a book, OR if it was slabbed and they could not fit the book on a scanner, they'd say it was CGC grade blah blah.

This was all over $100 worth of books...If you think it would be more convenient for you and others to just pound some sense into him...talk to him or anyone else who is "special"....it's fine with me, I've never sold a PGX book in my life. I have a few, someplace, but I'm waiting to play hockey with them;)

In the alternative...come up with a reasonable alternative suggestion (or stop kvetching;)

Other than it making you less free to be you;) I just don't really see the big deal..but then again, I'm not a dealer;)

:foryou:

(PS, for anyone who doesn't really know me, I'm not the least bit annoyed, I'm extremely fond of Richard, he's just being his cute wise guy self;) ;)

Edited by skypinkblu

I don't know if this is probation material, but it is concerning to me none the less.

If nothing else, it's grounds for a weeks vacation as evidenced by the Trey Canon strike.

Who was selling the PGX slabs?

I don't know if this is probation material, but it is concerning to me none the less.

If nothing else, it's grounds for a weeks vacation as evidenced by the Trey Canon strike.

Who was selling the PGX slabs?

VT Comics (Phil)