• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Then I say PM him that he's been nominated for the Probation List, and follow the procedure from there. Sounds like he's eligible based on him saying he had the book in the December PM.

And I'd be very factual about it all.

Your expectation was that books would ship once he had them.

He confirmed on Dec 20 that he had them.

It has been 30+ days since.

Thus you are nominating him for PL.

So what "procedure" follows in order to place this facilitator on probation?

Sure I might get my sketch eventually, or maybe he'll just provide the refund I already asked for. It's just a pity that something like this is allowed to happen to someone with such reputation. And like I previously said, this guy is still posting comments & ignoring PMs. Starting sketch ops and sales thread, completely ignoring sketches he need to ship first. I know I'm not the only one waiting for their sketch, but coz of this guy's status in the boards, a lot are afraid to voice their concern. I hope you guys figure out a way to change some policy weeding such facilitators.

And I'd be explicit in how the Nominee can "right the situation". Sounds like you are giving him two reasonable avenues to make it right

1) Ship the books (with a tracking number provided by a certain date)

2) Refund money in full (via paypal by date) or by check (with tracking number by date).

So he then remains on the PL until he resolves it in one of those methods.

...here's a thought... if you spend two weeks telling someone you are waiting for more Priority Boxes from USPS before shipping out a package... you should probably use a priority box when you finally get around to shipping the book.

(and no I'm not naming names, cause it just isn't worth it)

Edited by Miraclemet

...here's a thought... if you spend two weeks telling someone you are waiting for more Priority Boxes from USPS before shipping out a package... you should probably use a priority box when you finally get around to shipping the book.

Just be glad he wasn't waiting for Priority tape. :baiting:

That tape was awesome. I'm down to the last few yards on my last roll.

The tape still exists...just gotta know who to ask!

The tape still exists...just gotta know who to ask!

I asked at my Post office and they said they couldn't give it out anymore. :(

Get some for me. :baiting:

I still don't get why selling valid digital codes is against the rules from CGC, but selling unlicensed (ie bootleg) items is perfectly acceptable.

What's the difference?

bring the bootlegs to the mods attention, the thread will probably get zapped.

I think he means sketches that are not licensed, if I'm understanding correctly

artists doing sketches has always been an nod and a wink allowance by the publishers at cons and elsewhere as long as the images arent mass marketed.

so no its not about the sketches ;)

artists doing sketches has always been an nod and a wink allowance by the publishers at cons and elsewhere as long as the images arent mass marketed.

Got it. What exactly is a pin back? If that's the bootleg in question

Got it. What exactly is a pin back? If that's the bootleg in question

Little buttons with pins on the back (thumbs u

per the CGC mods they "believe this product is allowed to be sold" and "please stop notifying the moderators"

so nevermind...

Continue selling unlicensed art that the original artists make no revenue from. You'd think our community would be above that sort of creator slight...

topic dropped.

Edited by Miraclemet

per the CGC mods they "believe this product is allowed to be sold" and "please stop notifying the moderators"

so nevermind...

Continue selling unlicensed art that the original artists make no revenue from. You'd think our community would be above that sort of creator slight...

topic dropped.

:o

So im just thinking out loud, who thinks modern needs their own section?

I think it would be beneficial to both the lovers and haters of the current modern market.

threads could be:

1. 1970 and earlier (Gold/Silver)

2. 1970-2000 (bronze/copper)

3. 2000+ (modern)

4. misc