• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

So im just thinking out loud, who thinks modern needs their own section?

I think it would be beneficial to both the lovers and haters of the current modern market.

threads could be:

1. 1970 and earlier (Gold/Silver)

2. 1970-2000 (bronze/copper)

3. 2000+ (modern)

4. misc

I actually think thats pretty logical. Want to keep the "modern" hotness confined to its own thread, so comics from the 80s/90s/2000s dont get overrun by Con threads and hot books (everything from #1s popping to shorted day of releases).

you've got my support on it!

So im just thinking out loud, who thinks modern needs their own section?

I think it would be beneficial to both the lovers and haters of the current modern market.

threads could be:

1. 1970 and earlier (Gold/Silver)

2. 1970-2000 (bronze/copper)

3. 2000+ (modern)

4. misc

I actually think thats pretty logical. Want to keep the "modern" hotness confined to its own thread, so comics from the 80s/90s/2000s dont get overrun by Con threads and hot books (everything from #1s popping to shorted day of releases).

you've got my support on it!

(worship)

big fan of the noobs on here who're generous enough to sell books that came out today for $15. thank you one and all for having my back.

Mike

Y U No Appreciate N00b Capitalism?

big fan of the noobs on here who're generous enough to sell books that came out today for $15. thank you one and all for having my back.

+1 Its important not to take people for granted...

...take them yes, just not for granted.

I am a newer member here. Been here less than a year. I've bought from a good amount of boardies and have sold to many more.

I had a question about sales threads ...

Am I allowed to make stipulations and rules that reach beyond the normal rules?

Example.. I am really concerned at the possibility of a first time poster posting the :takeit: on high dollar items and then doing nothing.

Can I state in my rules that if you have no verifiable board transactions, your :takeit: will remain as 'pending' until the transaction has been completed? At any time I may cancel the transaction outright or choose to sell it to another boardie. You will be informed via PM that the cancellation has occurred and any payment made after that communication will automatically be refunded.

Boardies with verifiable board transactions are subject to the normal board rules.

I ask for opinions because I am trying to prevent someone from just creating a new account, posting the :takeit: and then never communicating with me. They may want it to look like a sale went through or just keep my product off the market (for whatever reason.)

Thoughts?

I am a newer member here. Been here less than a year. I've bought from a good amount of boardies and have sold to many more.

I had a question about sales threads ...

Am I allowed to make stipulations and rules that reach beyond the normal rules?

Example.. I am really concerned at the possibility of a first time poster posting the :takeit: on high dollar items and then doing nothing.

Can I state in my rules that if you have no verifiable board transactions, your :takeit: will remain as 'pending' until the transaction has been completed? At any time I may cancel the transaction outright or choose to sell it to another boardie. You will be informed via PM that the cancellation has occurred and any payment made after that communication will automatically be refunded.

Boardies with verifiable board transactions are subject to the normal board rules.

I ask for opinions because I am trying to prevent someone from just creating a new account, posting the :takeit: and then never communicating with me. They may want it to look like a sale went through or just keep my product off the market (for whatever reason.)

Thoughts?

I've seen people include that sales are at their discretion (in other words the seller can decide not to sell it to a potential buyer).

You could be general like that.

Or you could be specific that anyone with fewer than X number of posts must communicate an :takeit: via PMs with references provided (ebay, other sales sites), and that you have the right to reject a purchase offer from a new user, and leave a book on the market.

Have people done this before? (your scenario of an :takeit: just to get a competing book off the market that never gets consumated cause its a shill account while the "real" user sells the same book to a real buyer while yours sits off the market.

I would hope...

135776.jpg.5f32923d4924d9697cf7125d187b0775.jpg

big fan of the noobs on here who're generous enough to sell books that came out today for $15.

I was really wondering where the commentary for this was at...

I've seen people include that sales are at their discretion (in other words the seller can decide not to sell it to a potential buyer).

You could be general like that.

Or you could be specific that anyone with fewer than X number of posts must communicate an :takeit: via PMs with references provided (ebay, other sales sites), and that you have the right to reject a purchase offer from a new user, and leave a book on the market.

Have people done this before? (your scenario of an :takeit: just to get a competing book off the market that never gets consumated cause its a shill account while the "real" user sells the same book to a real buyer while yours sits off the market.

I would hope...

Or just ask that new buyers or buyers with like less than XXX amount of posts just pay within 24 hours... if they can't or don't just relist.

Thank you both for responding. Just wanted to be sure.