• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

3qvmkd.jpg

I think the PIF is fun...I think people who dont follow through with thier obligations on the boards should be on the list no matter where the transgression took place.

I kind of have to agree.

Why is it just my post got the zap? Lame.

Even lamer is I quoted your post and then mine got zapped too lol

I guess I could go around and pop the button on the rest of the trolling in here. I guess that is what the moderation wants more than calling out people for what they are. Lame.

3qvmkd.jpg

I think the PIF is fun...I think people who dont follow through with thier obligations on the boards should be on the list no matter where the transgression took place.

That part of the movie still scares me more than any horror movie I've ever seen.

What someone said about your mom was probably up there (or down there, to be more accurate) with Shark-Muscle telling people he was coming to screw their mom and other fine stances on debate. And the person that made this statement to you is definitely a weak-minded individual.

But calling people a person_too_unaware_of_social_graces via a meme just because they participate in the PIF when the intent of the thread is meant to be much better than some deliver is definitely down there in the bowl with all the other feces-topics you mentioned.

No Nick. It really isn't. Let's not hyperbolize.

Jeff, what is being noted here is a series of crappy situations that have occurred over the years. What was stated here by me, and being overanalyzed (or playing the "what hyperbole" game), is distracting from reality.

I believe that's called deflecting Nick. You called fingh's comments a new board low. Let's face it, there have been many lower moments than this. It's not even in the same ballpark.

Not trying to be a R-Hole here (I'm not sure i could pull off that level of d-baggery) but that's how I see it.

What someone said about your mom was probably up there (or down there, to be more accurate) with Shark-Muscle telling people he was coming to screw their mom and other fine stances on debate. And the person that made this statement to you is definitely a weak-minded individual.

But calling people a person_too_unaware_of_social_graces via a meme just because they participate in the PIF when the intent of the thread is meant to be much better than some deliver is definitely down there in the bowl with all the other feces-topics you mentioned.

Jeff, what is being noted here is a series of crappy situations that have occurred over the years. What was stated here by me, and being overanalyzed (or playing the "what hyperbole" game), is distracting from reality.

I believe that's called deflecting Nick. You called fingh's comments a new board low. Let's face it, there have been many lower moments than this. It's not even in the same ballpark.

Not trying to be a R-Hole here (I'm not sure i could pull off that level of d-baggery) but that's how I see it.

Fair enough. How you see it and how others see it may differ.

Next topic...

Sums it up pretty well IMHO.

Sums it up pretty well IMHO.

lol

Rightttttt.

They are breaking the rules of the club, and acting like an R-Hole, but that doesn't make a gift something more.

I'm no lawyer, but couldn't the doctrines of promissory estoppel and detrimental reliance come into play here to turn this gift into an enforceable contract? hm Did not the promisee rely on the anticipated gift of the promisor in offering his (the promisee's) gift to the next person? Can injustice be avoided other than through enforcement of the original promisor's promise?

You stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night, didn't you?

-slym

They are breaking the rules of the club, and acting like an R-Hole, but that doesn't make a gift something more.

I'm no lawyer, but couldn't the doctrines of promissory estoppel and detrimental reliance come into play here to turn this gift into an enforceable contract? hm Did not the promisee rely on the anticipated gift of the promisor in offering his (the promisee's) gift to the next person? Can injustice be avoided other than through enforcement of the original promisor's promise?

I totally thought that when I got to the end of that paragraph you were going to finish it off with a "...but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night."

DAMN!

:sorry:

-slym

Why is it just my post got the zap? Lame.

Even lamer is I quoted your post and then mine got zapped too lol

I guess I could go around and pop the button on the rest of the trolling in here. I guess that is what the moderation wants more than calling out people for what they are. Lame.

:popcorn:

-slym

I think this thread is a new medium low, I don't know if I've ever seen so much schoolyard nonsense in one thread (not you Slym, I just had to answer someone)

There have been far worse which are probably long gone. But point taken.

:foryou:

I think this thread is a new medium low, I don't know if I've ever seen so much schoolyard nonsense in one thread (not you Slym, I just had to answer someone)

New Poll

Thanks Sharon for cutting through the horse manure.

Only the CG posse could make something so spiteful for no reason. Again. (thumbs u

I believe the two options should be:

1) Yes, but as a sub-category or with a notation

B) No, F those junk donkeys

Probably a good idea...but I would go with "junk donkey jockeys" just to make it truly offensive.