• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I mean, from the SA to BA. Guy just sold a 9.2 XM 121 for $25, I had my 7.0 copy at $25 and that's ~40% off OSPG. My SA stuff just sits there still, 7.5 copy of X-Men #32 for $50, no interest here and not even anyone using "Make An Offer" on eBay now.

*sigh*

-slym

I mean, from the SA to BA. Guy just sold a 9.2 XM 121 for $25, I had my 7.0 copy at $25 and that's ~40% off OSPG. My SA stuff just sits there still, 7.5 copy of X-Men #32 for $50, no interest here and not even anyone using "Make An Offer" on eBay now.

*sigh*

-slym

Oh gimme your EBAY link I will buy 1

That's very kind, jop, but I wouldn't want you buying something from me out of pity.

:)

-slym (eBay user ID pewter4144) :D

Why not? The rest of us pity you. lol

:jokealert:Just playin' my friend. :foryou:

Cripes... I see some sales of raw X-Men that I tried selling the same issues of, and see why I wasn't successful. I thought 40-50% off of the OSPG would be a competitive price.

Boy was I wrong. Seems the OSPG isn't that good of a price guide if I get no interest at all trying to sell books at half of listed prices for grade.

-slym

It's because the supply of X-Men books more than meets the demand. Unless the books are UHG, the books from 150-on will only sell for a few dollars each at most (common issues, not keys or semi-keys). In the case of Uncanny X-Men, the OSPG is pretty useless for 150 and up issues. I don't even bother with guide prices for those books, $1-5 each depending on grade and issue is my target for those books.

Agreed, there are tons out there. Same with most of the Daredevils from 158 up. Good stuff but tough to move.