• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I got some questions in asking. (to Mods): if I'm asking here as the wrong place - please move to where it's best suitable related with the subject:

Questions from a newbie (me) in looking to sell comics for the first time.

I'm looking to start my first thread in selling forum soon. I had read guidelines, rules and etc. Printed out guidelines so I can read while I write up a new thread in selling forum.

But I have two questions in regard about "kudos" thing. Since I'll be selling for the first time - what do I have to tell if I don't have any "kudos" to show myself in good standing? Should I mention my eBay username to look in feedback?

That is all - thanks! (thumbs u

I understand people want to demystify any mystery boxes to confirm they are going to get a fantastic deal (and a potential to flip some keys). But trying to add up how much someone has in the boxes in their sales thread? Unless someone has proven to not be trustworthy on here, I would assume this would be considered bad form.

Or, since we have had quite a few mystery box sales over the months, is there a need for special rules where a seller has to expose more of what is going to be in the box? Other than showing every book in a mystery box, what condition they are in, and if there will be any special incentives having to clearly outline the item, condition and value.

(shrug)

I understand people want to demystify any mystery boxes to confirm they are going to get a fantastic deal (and a potential to flip some keys). But trying to add up how much someone has in the boxes in their sales thread? Unless someone has proven to not be trustworthy on here, I would assume this would be considered bad form.

Or, since we have had quite a few mystery box sales over the months, is there a need for special rules where a seller has to expose more of what is going to be in the box? Other than showing every book in a mystery box, what condition they are in, and if there will be any special incentives having to clearly outline the item, condition and value.

(shrug)

That thread turned into a cluster just because people couldn't keep their opinions to themselves. That was a classic example of thread-krapping if I've ever seen it. doh!

If people don't think the value is there, don't buy it, people shouldn't torpedo the sales thread trying to figure out if it is worth it or not.

(shrug)

I always thought the whole purpose of the mystery boxes was just that, the "mystery" involved in them, not having to scan, grade, and value every issue going into the box.

(shrug)

I always thought the whole purpose of the mystery boxes was just that, the "mystery" involved in them, not having to scan, grade, and value every issue going into the box.

:gossip: I agree. I was busting balls with the second paragraph.

(shrug)

:gossip: I agree. I was busting balls with the second paragraph.

Unfortunately, it seems that a lot of newer boardies think that it should be a requirement. lol

I think I'll start a mystery box thread. I'll list 2 boxes for sale. 1 will be a run of Uncanny X-Men from 94-137. The other will be the drekkiest of drekky books from Image. $400 each. 1 buyer will be happy, the other will want to jump off a bridge. lol I'll also make both sign a waiver stating that they cannot file a claim with Paypal just because they waaayyyy over-paid for Image drek. :devil:

hm

(shrug)

That thread turned into a cluster just because people couldn't keep their opinions to themselves. That was a classic example of thread-krapping if I've ever seen it. doh!

If people don't think the value is there, don't buy it, people shouldn't torpedo the sales thread trying to figure out if it is worth it or not.

I have no idea why that thread went bad so fast. I said MULTIPLE times to PM me with complaints and suggestions but the in thread posting kept going. I thought it was a well structured thread. I took pictures of a few random books because I wanted to maintain a slight MYSTERY to a MYSTERY BOX THREAD. Some people just ran with it. On thanksgiving no less? (shrug)

So, saying "GLWTS" and then honestly hoping the person holding the sale gets the price they are asking (nothing hidden anywhere) is threadkrapping? Because I was just PMd by someone that told me I did that to jeybes' sale of his ASM run.

Tell me, forum - did I do anything wrong? If so, I didn't see it that way, and I will apologise, profusely. I actually know someone that is looking at getting a good ASM run and might see this, I certainly don't want to keep anyone away...

:shrug:

-slym

So, saying "GLWTS" and then honestly hoping the person holding the sale gets the price they are asking (nothing hidden anywhere) is threadkrapping? Because I was just PMd by someone that told me I did that to jeybes' sale of his ASM run.

Tell me, forum - did I do anything wrong? If so, I didn't see it that way, and I will apologise, profusely. I actually know someone that is looking at getting a good ASM run and might see this, I certainly don't want to keep anyone away...

:shrug:

-slym

Now if you had thrown in the :eyeroll: emoticon, then you would have been threadkrapping.

Kind of like sellers who say someone is threadkrapping when the rules are being pointed out to them. doh!

It wasn't the GLWTS, I bet.

GLWTS! I hope you can get the 70% of Overstreet like you are asking.

-slym

Whether he posted his books for 1% or 100% of Overstreet, posting something like you did may be perceived as taking a jab at the price. Kind of like when someone dumped in a mystery box thread, and started attempting to figure out the value of each book in the mystery boxes and questioning if they were high-demand items.

See what I mean?